All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

(This isn't necessarily directed at you) The gyms aren't responsible for little Susie's mom/dad/guardian allowing little Susie to be made up and dressed in these outfits because they aren't repping the gyms at that point. I place the responsibility, again, on the parents and those people who own these clothing companies.

Now, this is direct at you - so there are minors wearing the above-mentioned outfit from Glitzigirl? Like out in public? :eek:

yeah, i don't really blame gyms. bluecat said last season that CA made a gym wide policy that the kids needed permission to wear their uniforms for anything outside of team competitions such as endorsements or appearances. but this past weekend a CA athlete went to a competition (that CA wasn't at) and wore the GG uniform to endorse a product. not CA's fault (though I think i'd tell my athletes no to those type of things, but it's hard to police what they do on their own time)

(**and as a side note, i would still really like to know if they are compensated for said appearances and product endorsements like that. and if one day those compensations - if they get any - would hurt their chances at something like A&T scholarships or olympics (like the one amazing athlete currently competing T&T in the junior olympics being "sponsored" by Chasse cheer) i wonder about these things in the along run) that's for another thread, another day, i guess. carry on.

and not exactly worn out in public, just a convention center saying "hi i'm so and so from CA look at this cool makeup."... yeah.

(This isn't necessarily directed at you) The gyms aren't responsible for little Susie's mom/dad/guardian allowing little Susie to be made up and dressed in these outfits because they aren't repping the gyms at that point. I place the responsibility, again, on the parents and those people who own these clothing companies.

Now, this is direct at you - so there are minors wearing the above-mentioned outfit from Glitzigirl? Like out in public? :eek:

Agreed! :) Totally the parents/athletes fault, I was just referring to her part about "no one from CA doing this" and there was one that I've seen (1 athlete out of hundreds at CA though!!)

She is wearing the exact same Glitzgirl uniform however the sleeves of the uniform (if we're calling it that!) start at her elbows unlike on Biancas where they started near hear shoulders. Could have just fallen down and not been pulled back up but the whole top part of her arm and chest were bare. Not appropriate.

2de884be4847443c974ec7d2cba1291e.jpg

Layton athletics new uniforms from Facebook. Not sure if they're program wide. They have a butt pocket :/ I like the top though! Shorts seem a little short.

People need to stop trying so hard. Use the 'take one accessory off before you leave the house' rule. You can have a choker, arm warmer type sleeves, cutouts, mesh, mystique, rhinestones, etc. but NOT all of them.
I think this is the problem. They forgot that it's take one "accessory" off not one "thing" off… so they took off the fabric covering shoulders, and then took off the fabric covering her buttocks for good measure ;)

The Layton unis looked so good in person. I think it's only for level 5 because I'm pretty sure I saw lower levels in the old ones.

yeah, i don't really blame gyms. bluecat said last season that CA made a gym wide policy that the kids needed permission to wear their uniforms for anything outside of team competitions such as endorsements or appearances. but this past weekend a CA athlete went to a competition (that CA wasn't at) and wore the GG uniform to endorse a product. not CA's fault (though I think i'd tell my athletes no to those type of things, but it's hard to police what they do on their own time)

(**and as a side note, i would still really like to know if they are compensated for said appearances and product endorsements like that. and if one day those compensations - if they get any - would hurt their chances at something like A&T scholarships or olympics (like the one amazing athlete currently competing T&T in the junior olympics being "sponsored" by Chasse cheer) i wonder about these things in the along run) that's for another thread, another day, i guess. carry on.

and not exactly worn out in public, just a convention center saying "hi i'm so and so from CA look at this cool makeup."... yeah.
A&T isn't yet a sport so it wouldn't matter right now, but could be a problem when if and when it's recognized by the NCAA

Please chime in with your opinion: do you think the uniforms have gotten worse, or better since the new uniform rules? Has it become mesh and cut outs everywhere; or just sporadic extreme examples mixed in with mostly good choices?

Please chime in with your opinion: do you think the uniforms have gotten worse, or better since the new uniform rules? Has it become mesh and cut outs everywhere; or just sporadic extreme examples mixed in with mostly good choices?
I think they've gotten worse. When I first started cheer I never imagined uniforms to go in the direction that they have. My first uniform was a polyester top that had a turtleneck underneath...and even in years after when I wore crop tops there weren't cutouts. I think the crazy uniforms are people attempting to go against the uniform rules. To be honest I think there needs to be way more regulation on uniforms

If you go on the website and look at the gallery it appears some athletes are wearing their home gyms unis, like outlaws from Australia and the ever so population CTR (cheer perfection)

Rebel athletics Instagram has another "cheerlebrity" in a skimpy uniform. It's not nearly as bad as Bianca but I'm still uncomfortable with the uni and personally I could never wear it without a uniform malfunction....

Back