All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

velr4i.jpg

The back of the new Top Gun program uniforms.

wqpw94.jpg
found this on instagram...:confused:
okay i support power as a gym because i used to cheer there, but these are just not my favorite. it's too much imo, i really don't like the mesh on the capris, the mesh on the shoulders and the cutout before the neck. if the top was solid and the capris didn't have the mesh i'd be more of a fan.

That's a bald-faced lie. :p Do we not remember the program halter-triangle-top/arm warmer/bootie short fiasco of if not last year, than the year before? Heck, I think someone on here even has it in their av- granted the kid wearing it in that one isn't a mini. But I'm pretty sure the youngins had that one as well..

Actually you are wrong. They have never had an arm warmer/bootie short for a program uni.

Actually you are wrong. They have never had an arm warmer/bootie short for a program uni.
I swear upon the very few things I own, there was a picture on here of a fierce little munchkin, but she was wearing that uni that someone has on here as an Av. The black one. That's a triangle halter-looking bit.

I swear upon the very few things I own, there was a picture on here of a fierce little munchkin, but she was wearing that uni that someone has on here as an Av. The black one. That's a triangle halter-looking bit.

I guess you didn't read my post. There was a triangle looking top BUT the non-level 5's have always had a more conservative version. You do know my daughter cheered for Top Gun?

I guess you didn't read my post. There was a triangle looking top BUT the non-level 5's have always had a more conservative version. You do know my daughter cheered for Top Gun?
Of course lol ;)

That being said- yes, I know the level 5s wore it. I do also remember there was a picture of a MUCH, much younger cheerleader in it. I remember the pose from the photo, everything. We had a full-blown discussion about it. Maybe they didn't end up using it for program, maybe the girl was actually 12 and looked 8. Maybe they had a junior/youth team that year. But I remember the discussion, I remember "we" were up in arms about it. I am now on a mission to find it. Not because I think you're wrong, but because I know that discussion took place and now I have to make sure I didn't make it up in my own head lol. :p

This board gets up in arms over everything. There is not one Top Gun uniform I would be ashamed to put my daughter in. She still competes...but in another arena..women's figure body building. She has to wear much less now lol.
image.jpg

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but the only thing I can see when looking at the new TG uni is an old yellow marker. You know when you've colored with a yellow marker for a while and you accidentally go into another color and part of the yellow turns black? That's all I can see with the fading part. Love the design and the girls look beautiful in them, but I just can't stop thinking about that. If that gradient was all solid black or solid gold I'd be in heaven

Here is my soapbox on uniforms. If the athlete feels good in it..I love it. Confidence is always the best part of the uniform for me.

This board gets up in arms over everything. There is not one Top Gun uniform I would be ashamed to put my daughter in. She still competes...but in another arena..women's figure body building. She has to wear much less now lol.View attachment 410
She looks fabulous, by the way. One of my old cheer mates from HS has gotten into body building. I commend her- that's some SERIOUS work. I like working out and all (I call it ninja-training) but that's a whole other level.

I don't want to turn this into a what-should-we-be-allowed-to-put-our-kids-in thread. TG is known for stretching the boundaries of what is deemed 'appropriate' for us to wear, and the parents there are totally fine with it. Different strokes for different folks. I just know that we are often in discussion about the 'appropriateness' of their unis, and I remember that one in particular (which was why I found her comment funny) I did find a video which has them wearing that level 5 uni (or so I think- hard to find a non-level 5 video which isn't super blurry). It's a junior 3. Maybe it's not quite the same- like I said, blurry. Looks close though.

Granted- I've seen the compete in all sorts of unis that still look good, regardless of the amount of fabric. :p I like their style now- interesting without worrying about surprises.

Back