All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Just-a-Mom I mean its not that difficult to find bras for the Cheer Savannah uniform...it also seems that the turtle neck makes it fit very well.

I found this by a google search within 3 minutes...
Padded Bra with Clear Straps; Body Wrappers

ajpm36.jpg

29nhrq1.jpg

Im sure there are different strap variations for the back as well

Interesting and I'm sure would work for lots of people. No one with a larger chest, but it would work for many. I do like cheer Savannah's uniforms but I'd like them better with solid backs.

I'm sticking with my bra brigade stance that a cheer uniform shouldn't need a backless bra. As we've stated numerous times - bras actually serve a function besides covering breasts. These bras are simply not strong enough to do that function. Sadly most of these girls won't realize that for about 15 more years.

Side note: Cody Z I'm pretty sure you're a male, but if not this still applies to others. I find it funny that the majority of people saying that we're ridiculous for harping on the bra thing so much are mostly male cheerleaders. I would be willing to say you probably know more about a lot of things than I do (for instance tumbling, and definitely proper undergarments for males for athletic activities) Can y'all not admit that the 30 and over female crowd might know more about proper bras?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

I am so weirded out by all these uniforms and right now I am thanking everything holy that I retired a few years ago. I must say I am impressed with the international teams because 90% of their uniforms I love! Now can we please please please have the coaches from stingrays and world cup be fashion advisors to the rest of the gyms in the states?

i will say that normally (though they've been catching up pretty quickly in recent years) that the international teams are a year or two behind the "trends." that's not an insult, they're just still growing. i agree that they've done a tremendous job this year designing some beautiful uniforms (aside from a handful of not so great ones) and i pray to all that is holy that they skip this year's "trends" when designing next year and realize how bad they are. attention international teams: you're doing a great job on your own, no need to follow the silly americans into the dark hole of nude mesh.

i will say that normally (though they've been catching up pretty quickly in recent years) that the international teams are a year or two behind the "trends." that's not an insult, they're just still growing. i agree that they've done a tremendous job this year designing some beautiful uniforms (aside from a handful of not so great ones) and i pray to all that is holy that they skip this year's "trends" when designing next year and realize how bad they are. attention international teams: you're doing a great job on your own, no need to follow the silly americans into the dark hole of nude mesh.
I completely agree with you! International teams need to learn from these "trends" and please don't follow them

Side note: Cody Z I'm pretty sure you're a male, but if not this still applies to others. I find it funny that the majority of people saying that we're ridiculous for harping on the bra thing so much are mostly male cheerleaders. I would be willing to say you probably know more about a lot of things than I do (for instance tumbling, and definitely proper undergarments for males for athletic activities) Can y'all not admit that the 30 and over female crowd might know more about proper bras?

Well thats ironic because it seems to me that the 30 and over female crowd that supposedly knows MORE ABOUT PROPER BRAS are the majority of people who are designing and creating the uniforms.

If underwear lines are pressing issues why not ban leggings and yoga pants?

But you know what. I've seen underwear lines on jeans and khakis and skirts. Your principal needs to find new things to concern herself with. People wear underwear. She can deal. What happens if someone leans over and a thong hangs out? Does the world end?

I wish people wouldn't tuck baggy jeans into boots. Someone should put a ban on that.
In my school district, yoga pants/leggings are out of dress code unless you have a shirt/sweater/sheatshirt long enough to cover your pancakes.

what do you say to girls who are allergic to the plastic straps? (a lot more girls are allergic to them then you think.)

There are options for people that may have an allergy to the plastic material. First, the type of reaction to the allergic material and the source should be determined. This could be due to the unfinished state of the plastic or the recycled materials its composed of...if thats the case then I am hoping the people that have experienced an allergic reation to plastic have the knowledge to seek out alternatives or have an extensive list of other resources since plastic is in a majority of products

Can one find a special "bra"? Yes. Is said bra actually doing what a bra is supposed to do/ is comfortable/ is something for an athlete do be doing complex tumbling & jumping in? Probably not.........
That plastic material is annoying enough to wear when it is just straps on a bra for banquet dresses. As a girl, I feel sorry for whoever has to be wearing it as a whole back (talk about digging into your skin! yeesh....)

If you clicked the link I provided, its sold on a dance wear site..assuming dancers do turns, jumps, leaps and tumbling. .

@Just-a-Mom I mean its not that difficult to find bras for the Cheer Savannah uniform...it also seems that the turtle neck makes it fit very well.

I found this by a google search within 3 minutes...
Padded Bra with Clear Straps; Body Wrappers

ajpm36.jpg

29nhrq1.jpg

Im sure there are different strap variations for the back as well

Bottom line, I could NOT do anything more vigorous than a skip to the loo in that bra.

Well thats ironic because it seems to me that the 30 and over female crowd that supposedly knows MORE ABOUT PROPER BRAS are the majority of people who are designing and creating the uniforms.

Touche. I don't think it's a majority, but certainly yes, some of these are designed by women who should know better. There have also been moms in this thread that don't mind it and think those bras are great. So, I guess not every woman knows about breast health and bras. Doesn't make that bra any more supportive, nor does it make 15-25 year old males any more knowledgeable about what makes a bra a good one. But I will concede that not all 30+ women have any sense at all. Some women need attention more than they need to breathe, so that limits their ability to make good decisions. :rolleyes:

And obviously those of us in the bra brigade are outnumbered, because these uniforms keep happening.

I'll just sit back and laugh while people keep complaining that cheerleading isn't taken seriously and isn't considered a sport. Because nothing says "serious athlete" like a backless bra and a thong.

I used to loooooooooove bling. This thread is making me love those non blingy Nike uniforms more every day.

Bottom line, I could NOT do anything more vigorous than a skip to the loo in that bra.
ME EITHER! From my experience, a lot of girls in cheer could totally wear the dance bras and get support, etc. However, there are the few, like me, who are well endowed and could never wear them.

Touche. I don't think it's a majority, but certainly yes, some of these are designed by women who should know better. There have also been moms in this thread that don't mind it and think those bras are great. So, I guess not every woman knows about breast health and bras. Doesn't make that bra any more supportive, nor does it make 15-25 year old males any more knowledgeable about what makes a bra a good one. But I will concede that not all 30+ women have any sense at all. Some women need attention more than they need to breathe, so that limits their ability to make good decisions. :rolleyes:

And obviously those of us in the bra brigade are outnumbered, because these uniforms keep happening.

Yes, I proclaim my knowledge about bra benefits on the fierceboard. . . anyways

2w36khg.gif

I dont care about the bra brigade because parents and athletes are still gonna spend money on these uniforms, regardless of a bra.

Yes, I proclaim my knowledge about bra benefits on the fierceboard. . . anyways

2w36khg.gif

I dont care about the bra brigade because parents and athletes are still gonna spend money on these uniforms, regardless of a bra.

Um... I just said that. (your last sentence)

You did proclaim your knowledge when you tagged me and said "here's a bra that would work", thereby implying that you knew something about bras.

And I would Lol at your gif except NEliteSteven already posted a better version of it weeks ago so it's not funny now.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back