All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This post is directed to all the brave coaches and athletes who have posted uniform pictures and routine videos on this forum and have received negative comments or just have heard over and over again what people would change on your uniform or routine. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and luckily so are you! Please don't take anything to heart and still be confident with what you wear and do! What really matters is that you and your program are happy with what you have. People will talk both positively and negatively but just don't let any post shake your own self confidence! I have really felt bad for some people who have proudly displayed their uniforms only to get comments on what to change. If you like what you have then great! Keep your head up and have the best season ever! Good luck!

Mean-Girls-GIF-I-Wish-I-Could-Bake-A-Cake-Full-Of-Rainbows-and-Smiles.gif

This post is directed to all the brave coaches and athletes who have posted uniform pictures and routine videos on this forum and have received negative comments or just have heard over and over again what people would change on your uniform or routine. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and luckily so are you! Please don't take anything to heart and still be confident with what you wear and do! What really matters is that you and your program are happy with what you have. People will talk both positively and negatively but just don't let any post shake your own self confidence! I have really felt bad for some people who have proudly displayed their uniforms only to get comments on what to change. If you like what you have then great! Keep your head up and have the best season ever! Good luck!

while i do understand what you are saying, to me the critiques and criticism (otherwise known as feedback) is something i believe that everybody should be open to whether it is positive or negative. if someone was to post a routine on the boards and every person was to throw A for effort fairy dust at it, saying 'oh they tried so hard' 'I'm proud they did what they did' sure it can make a person feel great, but what is achieved from that? if you have a group of people coming together collaborating it brings a wider spectrum of ideas forward so something that was once 'eh' or 'average' can now be something wonderful. (this may not be the case in every situation but from personal experience sharing something and receiving any kind of feedback is one of the most rewarding things as it shows people care and want to help).

My daughter and her whole team put their warmups on when they come off the mat and they are to keep them on while not performing. Seeing girls run around in just their uniforms makes me cringe for so many reasons. (See, not a hypocrite!)
I don't like this uniform and nothing the designer can say (or whine) about it will change my mind. But this uni affects my life not at all. They enjoy the stripper look as a gym? Cool. I'll just roll my eyes and move on. ;)

while i can see your point of view. calling athletes stippers who you clearly dont know isnt okay in my eyes specially you being a mom.

yes, everyone is not going to not like the TG ioc5 uniform but i do feel you were a little out of line. this isnt the Liam Riley call out show.

so to be clear, youre okay with minors wearing half tops and mini skirts for no reason at all because "studies" say thats the norm?
I never said anything about studies making crops and skirts a norm but studies showing that people go with the majority of society and follow those who are higher up so if coaches say half top then most likely no one will challenge them and go along with said uniform. The thing I pointed as making it the norm is the history of having half tops and skirts for the past decade and a half. Many people have pointed out that tumbling in shorts or a skirt is easier than say tumbling in jeans so I see that as a valid point against saying skirts don't have a reason. As I've said multiple times, I have no problem with minors wearing TASTEFUL half tops and skirts. Maybe people can't tell the difference these days but they do exist. I have no problem with minors wearing two pieces to the beach either but there's a difference between a tasteful two piece and a string bikini and a thong bottom. See my point?

while i do understand what you are saying, to me the critiques and criticism (otherwise known as feedback) is something i believe that everybody should be open to whether it is positive or negative. if someone was to post a routine on the boards and every person was to throw A for effort fairy dust at it, saying 'oh they tried so hard' 'I'm proud they did what they did' sure it can make a person feel great, but what is achieved from that? if you have a group of people coming together collaborating it brings a wider spectrum of ideas forward so something that was once 'eh' or 'average' can now be something wonderful. (this may not be the case in every situation but from personal experience sharing something and receiving any kind of feedback is one of the most rewarding things as it shows people care and want to help).
I understand what you are saying and I do see lots of positive feedback and constructive criticism that can help teams. I just hope that at the end of the day these athletes and coaches can still feel confident with what they do and can separate the constructive feedback from the negative/bashing ones. I've always cheered because I like the sport and always just wanted to have a good time doing what I do not what everyone else wanted me to do.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

while i can see your point of view. calling athletes stippers who you clearly dont know isnt okay in my eyes specially you being a mom.

yes, everyone is not going to not like the TG ioc5 uniform but i do feel you were a little out of line. this isnt the Liam Riley call out show.
Nobody called any athletes strippers.

so it is also okay with you that MINORS are wearing half tops and mini skirts though for no athletic reason what so ever?

Most cheer uniforms are too revealing for my taste. I just don't mind as much when they don't seem like they're meant to make those who wear them look sexy. About the TG uniform, I don't know what their actual intentions were when they chose that design, I don't even know IF they had other intentions than having their athletes wear something they like, but unlike most of the crop tops that appear on this thread from time to time, this one made me cringe instantly.

Many, many uniforms have elements that I don't feel comfortable with (thankfully, I'm not required to wear any of these...). But the OO5 one combines several of these elements, so it doesn't really compare to "regular" crop tops and skirts anymore in my opinion.

I avoided posting because I was so flabbergasted (and then took a second to realize that it was the most typical 'abused artiste' response ever. "You don't get me! You don't get my art! You must be a boring, frumpy, old floober-schmooben!"). Instead, I chose to dole out shimmies like candy this morning. Thank you to everyone for essentially saying what I wanted to but just didn't feel like typing.

I'd also like to add: I live in NYC. I have friends in the fashion industry, including runway/high fashion. Do you know how much 'Runway Couture' makes it street-side (minus the couture dresses worn at awards shows)? Very little, and hardly ever is it a full outfit, even here in NYC. Why? Because you're selling a concept, not a reality. The only times you see ridiculously ostentatious outfits on the street (daylight or otherwise), is during Pride Parade and Mermaid Parade (the latter of which features topless women, so there's that). Cheer is not a concept, it's a functioning garment.

Also also- the 'Well minors can wear half top unis' argument is a bit of a moot point, isn't it? Considering in a season or two everybody Junior and below will be in full tops anyway if they aren't currently? Whether or not we wanted it that way, USASF has said 'enough'. We abused our privilege with the 'powers that be', and now we're in trouble.

The only thing I have to say about top guns uniform is when my 9 year old sees it (we were at cheersport) and says oh wow and won't look away. It could be a good or bad thing. I'm not asking him. He's 9... One way or another he liked it. The 11 year old girl (who loves top gun) said mom are those their new uniforms? I said only one team. She said good and left it at that.

I pretty much said all I wanted to say this weekend. But I want to add something.

If you disagree with my argument fine. But I'm tired of people pretending to not understand my argument. I don't care that the athletes wearing it are old enough or that they look good or that they can afford it. And I don't care whether I could do any of the three.

What I care about are the majority of the people (i.e. kids) that are at the venue and will be looking at it. It's not appropriate for THEM. That's the point. Is it going to ruin their lives or spoil the apple of every mother's eye? Probably not.

But as much as I've disagreed with USASF imposing restrictions on uniform designs, I think it's time because some people can't wait to cross every line drawn.

I'd also like to add: I live in NYC. I have friends in the fashion industry, including runway/high fashion. Do you know how much 'Runway Couture' makes it street-side (minus the couture dresses worn at awards shows)? Very little, and hardly ever is it a full outfit, even here in NYC. Why? Because you're selling a concept, not a reality. The only times you see ridiculously ostentatious outfits on the street (daylight or otherwise), is during Pride Parade and Mermaid Parade (the latter of which features topless women, so there's that). Cheer is not a concept, it's a functioning garment.
Maybe we should have a cheer runway couture fashion show so we can get all these crazy concepts out then and not on the competition floor.

[...]
Also also- the 'Well minors can wear half top unis' argument is a bit of a moot point, isn't it? Considering in a season or two everybody Junior and below will be in full tops anyway if they aren't currently? Whether or not we wanted it that way, USASF has said 'enough'. We abused our privilege with the 'powers that be', and now we're in trouble.

I can't wait to see how many Top Gun athletes get a heat stroke when they have to wear a full top :D.

Back