All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

while i can see your point of view. calling athletes stippers who you clearly dont know isnt okay in my eyes specially you being a mom.

yes, everyone is not going to not like the TG ioc5 uniform but i do feel you were a little out of line. this isnt the Liam Riley call out show.

Please re-read what I wrote. I said if they enjoy that look "as a gym," meaning the owners and coaches who call the shots. It's my opinion that the uni is "stripper-esque," but that's just my opinion. No one needs to agree but I do get to have an opinion. And in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have written that because there may be minors on this team.

Last edited:
I thought the guys uniforms looked very sharp on the floor and love those, but spend most of my time wondering the what the ratio of the amount of skin the girls is show is to the amount of clothing they are wearing. Just curious to how close it is to the figure skating rule someone posted earlier of having to have 50% of skin covered.

ETA: But they are an incredibly talented team. Loving that pyramid.

Last edited:
Was this posted. Minus all the leather strap ons
Less domm, moar naked. Although the back straps HAVE to be there, otherwise the top won't stay together. I guess it's an improvement?

And the gorsh darn cut of the top half doesn't seem to look good on anyone.

On the subject of the opinions, which we also encountered in the Liapple thread: there can be opinions, but you can also be wrong.

This thread really concerns me, because to my knowledge the majority of people here are adults and parents, and while yes, I understand your problems with the OO5 uniform, I don't understand why you refuse to accept anyone else's opinion. I am not a big fan of the uniform, but to those who are, that's cool too! I have enough respect for a program and a group of young athletes to not completely bash them, their coaches, their gym and their designers on a public forum. Not cool. This behavior is borderline bullying, and I don't know why you all think it's okay. If you don't respect Top Gun, fine but have enough respect for yourself to know when to withhold certain comments. I would be absolutely mortified if I knew my mother treated people the way certain members are treated around here.
OH no you didn't...did you just call anyone who voiced their opinion on the Top Gun UNi...a bully? Please reserve the "B" word for important events and happenings. I have not heard any disrespect regarding Top Guns achievements....coaches....owners....athletes....parents or fans. Just a lot of talk about a Top Gun Uniform which you would think TG would kind of be used to by now, because like it or not TG is also known for that.

I avoided posting because I was so flabbergasted (and then took a second to realize that it was the most typical 'abused artiste' response ever. "You don't get me! You don't get my art! You must be a boring, frumpy, old floober-schmooben!"). Instead, I chose to dole out shimmies like candy this morning. Thank you to everyone for essentially saying what I wanted to but just didn't feel like typing.

I'd also like to add: I live in NYC. I have friends in the fashion industry, including runway/high fashion. Do you know how much 'Runway Couture' makes it street-side (minus the couture dresses worn at awards shows)? Very little, and hardly ever is it a full outfit, even here in NYC. Why? Because you're selling a concept, not a reality. The only times you see ridiculously ostentatious outfits on the street (daylight or otherwise), is during Pride Parade and Mermaid Parade (the latter of which features topless women, so there's that). Cheer is not a concept, it's a functioning garment.

Also also- the 'Well minors can wear half top unis' argument is a bit of a moot point, isn't it? Considering in a season or two everybody Junior and below will be in full tops anyway if they aren't currently? Whether or not we wanted it that way, USASF has said 'enough'. We abused our privilege with the 'powers that be', and now we're in trouble.
PREACH! 2015 CANNOT come quickly enough.

Mean-Girls-GIF-I-Wish-I-Could-Bake-A-Cake-Full-Of-Rainbows-and-Smiles.gif
SHE DOESN'T EVEN CHEER HERE!

I just watched the routine from yesterday, and, all I noticed was the talent. The routine is amazing!!
The problem is, someone that is not familiar with all star will assume that uniforms like that are the norm, which they are not. It plays into the whole stereotype of cheerleaders being future prostitutes, strippers, etc.

I think I've finally constructed my opinion(s) on this uniform:
1) it looks soooo much better without the straps on the front.
2) it is semi-athletic (no crazy font, tacky mesh, or too much glitz)
3) from the videos I've seen of them they look completely topless from the back (not my cup of tea) and the neck thing looks like a necklace/not connected to the top
4)the male and female versions don't go together very well (the shoulder area and back throws me off)
And lastly 5) it really is beautifully designed.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

OH no you didn't...did you just call anyone who voiced their opinion on the Top Gun UNi...a bully? Please reserve the "B" word for important events and happenings. I have not heard any disrespect regarding Top Guns achievements....coaches....owners....athletes....parents or fans. Just a lot of talk about a Top Gun Uniform which you would think TG would kind of be used to by now, because like it or not TG is also known for that.
You're right. I did not. I was referring to the members who attack and gang up on other members whom they do not agree with as the bullies. Hope this post clarifies that for you.

And lastly 5) it really is beautifully designed.

You know that comment just crystallized in my mind why this thread has been so frustrating for me. There has been so much talk about whether the uniform is "appropriate" or not, and I can't even get that far, because I just think the uniform is ugly. And, although intellectually I understand that people have different opinions than me, lol, I'm having trouble understanding how anyone can think it isn't ugly.

(EDITED: I took out the paragraph where I described in detail all the ways I find the uniform unflattering. Suffice it to say, I don't think it looks good on the athletes, thru no fault of their own.)

If I could understand how anyone could find the uniform attractive, then I could better understand why they would bother arguing about its appropriateness.

Back