All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think Victor has ever said they are the best option out there. Part of being successful is to acknowledge others - I am 100% sure that he knows full well that his shoes are the minority in the cheer world, Nfinity reigns supreme!
I can't ever imagine him saying they are the best (tell me if I'm wrong) but more of "here's another option".

I feel like a new uniform came along for TGLC so they could wear these shoes an advertise. They are one of the most well known teams/gyms in the country/World - putting 2 and 2 together, it makes sense.
Majority =/= best, just because they're the minority doesn't mean he can't think they're the best.
But they were already wearing the white version of the V-Ros. So by that logic they've been "advertising" all season?
My point is you can't say it's "purely for advertisement." Sure, that could be the reason, but how could you know the true reason. You have no way of knowing whether they picked the uniform color and then the shoes, or they picked the shoes and then the uniform color. It could be either, and without full knowledge of everything that went into designing the uniform, you can't make that statement.

Majority =/= best, just because they're the minority doesn't mean he can't think they're the best.
But they were already wearing the white version of the V-Ros. So by that logic they've been "advertising" all season?
My point is you can't say it's "purely for advertisement." Sure, that could be the reason, but how could you know the true reason. You have no way of knowing whether they picked the uniform color and then the shoes, or they picked the shoes and then the uniform color. It could be either, and without full knowledge of everything that went into designing the uniform, you can't make that statement.

The coloring options are the main marketing factor for these shoes. If a team wants a white shoe, they will more than likely get Nfinitys. I actually had zero idea TGLC were even wearing the white vros before these, proving my point exactly - they all look the same.

And I can make that statement actually, opinion/freedom of speech/discussion board yada yada yada - I'm sure you've heard it all before.
I don't think I said that they are purely for advertisement, I think they are. That wasn't my intention, I'm not trying to predict the thoughts of victor here! ;)

What I'm trying to say (in my own crazy, badly worded way) is:

I seems to me like the uniform was designed for the shoes.

I doubt the designers finished the uniform and thought :
"We need black shoes with this uniform! Oh wait a minute, doesn't our gym owner have a line of shoes he's trying to market that are black?! How convenient"

as opposed to :
"Our gym owner as a line of shoes he's trying to market that are black, lets design a uniform for them"

I'm not saying this is shady or whatever, tglc are well known and they can market the shoes. They have been hitting all season wearing the shoes, so they aren't hindering them. It makes sense for the money side of the vro business. But lets call a spade a spade and stop pretending this isnt what could have happened.

Last edited:

"We need black shoes with this uniform! Oh wait a minute, doesn't our gym owner have a line of shoes he's trying to market that are black?! How convenient"

as opposed to :
"Our gym owner as a line of shoes he's trying to market that are black, lets design a uniform for them"

I'm not saying this is shady or whatever, tglc are well known and they can market the shoes. They have been hitting all season wearing the shoes, so they aren't hindering them. It makes sense for the money side of the vro business. But lets call a spade a spade and stop pretending this isnt what could have happened.

uniforms are usually sketched up, edited a few times, there may be a prototype, more changes, and then finally an order + production time. it is also possible that they drew up this uniform and wanted black shoes to go with it, so V-Ro introduced colors since this uniform would be ridiculous with white shoes and it would seem odd if his own team weren't wearing his shoes. just saying.

either way, it's no big deal. coaches that also work for varsity usually have their kids in varsity uniforms with varsity shoes and it's no different here.

uniforms are usually sketched up, edited a few times, there may be a prototype, more changes, and then finally an order + production time. it is also possible that they drew up this uniform and wanted black shoes to go with it, so V-Ro introduced colors since this uniform would be ridiculous with white shoes and it would seem odd if his own team weren't wearing his shoes. just saying.

either way, it's no big deal. coaches that also work for varsity usually have their kids in varsity uniforms with varsity shoes and it's no different here.

This makes sense, the uniform wanting black shoes and these ones being produced.
Glad you can make sense of what I was trying to say :p:p:p

I really doubt Victor Rosario set out to design a shoe to make a shoe fortune. I don't know and never discussed it with him but I think being in the industry as long as he has he designed a shoe he thought was best for all athletes in the cheer industry especially his. My daughter has always been told what shoes to wear. I think it is for uniformity purposes. I do see wear athletes would be frustrated because it takes time to break in shoes but I am sure they have had the shoes for a period of time and were able to break them in. I don't think Top Gun would just say you are wearing these this weekend. I have never heard anyone complain about the shoe so High Five to Victor. I know a lot of people who love nfinity and varsity but I know quite a few that feel the Nfinity Shoes doesn't hold up well. I don't think so personally.

as opposed to :

I really doubt Victor Rosario set out to design a shoe to make a shoe fortune. I don't know and never discussed it with him but I think being in the industry as long as he has he designed a shoe he thought was best for all athletes in the cheer industry especially his. My daughter has always been told what shoes to wear. I think it is for uniformity purposes. I do see wear athletes would be frustrated because it takes time to break in shoes but I am sure they have had the shoes for a period of time and were able to break them in. I don't think Top Gun would just say you are wearing these this weekend. I have never heard anyone complain about the shoe so High Five to Victor. I know a lot of people who love nfinity and varsity but I know quite a few that feel the Nfinity Shoes doesn't hold up well. I don't think so personally.

I didn't really mean to make a fortune per say, just to gain some/lots of promotion.
TGLC have been hitting all season wearing them so they gotta be working!

Maybe they are just trained well and work hard and it is not just about the shoes?!

I'm not trying to say the shoes are giving them magical super cheer powers - just that they definitely aren't hindering them at all!! :D The shoes are no doubt just as good or better than nfinitys. They are wearing them because they are coach victors shoes, which means advertisement for his company, which is fine.

They are no limit shoes. TG has been wearing No Limit's for a few seasons I think. Victor designed these for No Limit. Makes sense his team would wear these. I don't understand the issue.
And if I'm not mistaken, they've come in black for quite some time. It's not exactly revolutionary. People really think way too far into things. It's just cheerleading.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think my entire cheer career I was told which shoes to buy. I don't ever remember having the option to pick what shoes I wanted.

For my CPs first 2 cheer seasons, her gym required Nfinity shoes. We switched gyms and new gym requires Nike. My CP HATES her Nike cheer shoes. Says they are so uncomfortable. Trying to convince new gym to just let me get her Nfinity again for next cheer season. Plus, I think she stunted much better in her Nfinities.

For my CPs first 2 cheer seasons, her gym required Nfinity shoes. We switched gyms and new gym requires Nike. My CP HATES her Nike cheer shoes. Says they are so uncomfortable. Trying to convince new gym to just let me get her Nfinity again for next cheer season. Plus, I think she stunted much better in her Nfinities.

This feels so weird to have them decide which brand. Different people need different kind of shoes for their bodies/feet.. We require white shoes that are fit for cheerleading but whether that's nfinity, kaepa or nike doesn't really matter.

This feels so weird to have them decide which brand. Different people need different kind of shoes for their bodies/feet.. We require white shoes that are fit for cheerleading but whether that's nfinity, kaepa or nike doesn't really matter.

Lucky! My CP likes her Nfinity shoes because the ride low around her ankle. The Nikes are thick and ride much higher up around the ankle.
She wore her Nfinities at new gym until a few weeks ago (long story, but it took a few months for CPs Nikes to arrive after they were ordered). Honestly, when she would compete, you could not even tell that she had different cheer shoes than the rest of her squad. She loves, loves, loves her new gym. This silly shoe drama might be enough to make her not want to return if she can not wear shoes that she finds comfortable.

Back