Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Athletics Firecats
30wxl51.jpg
I just dont get the stripes on the side of the skort

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Or you could both use Google, wear something like this:

bf-backlessbra-med1.jpg

My point is I'm not going out of my way to buy a fancy sports bra to wear under my uniform. That one's not so bad, but I should be able to wear something such that when I'm in a semi-public area of a convention center I can change in and out of my uniform top.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

bf-backlessbra-med1.jpg

...and NOT end up as a nugget on the Senior Level 1 team!

The "specialty bra" I purchased was from Maidenform at J C Penney.com (where all sturdy undergarments come from) ;)

All it took was a little research, a little time, and what would have been bow money... and we got a really good bra. This is just one I found in 5 minutes on Google. With this, I would also wear a strapless underneath.
I'd rather spend five minutes googling cats in my regular racer back sportsbra and crop. Priorities. I'd also like to able to practice and compete with the same degree of comfort and support. Each to her own, I suppose.

yeah I'm with @BowCat and @Ashley. I am a 32A and could easily get away with no bra at all in most tops if I weren't self conscious. I also have a lot of cysts in my breast tissue that are extremely painful when they move around (not to mention, not wearing a sports bras is tearing the tissues for everyone) The number 1 "treatment" for cysts? (other than getting needle aspiration or surgical removal) "Wear a supportive and comfortable bra." You best believe I'd be wearing a bra if I were on that team. and if they seriously threatened to move me to nugget on the senior 1, that coach has another thing coming.

I also think it's great that @RJsExtremeMom found the proper supports for her daughters uni and sewed them in. (Seriously, it was a good idea) Every time I had a prom dress in the past or bridesmaid dresses and stuff now, I always ask them to sew in a bra for me so I don't have to wear one. Works great for standing still in pictures for 4 hours and some mild dancing. I'm not defying gravity and flipping myself around in that type of bra though. And if I paid $400 for a uniform, I am not going to Macguyvere (sp?) a bra together and sew it in or pay another $100 to find a bra that would work.

and that's my 2cents and my last bra brigade rant this season (promise:p) sorry to thread hijack and/or to the males who don't want to read about bras (though you have breast tissue, too. be kind to it:D)

so, I like the apex uni except for the rhinestones in the middle of the stomach/back. a little odd. and I wish the word Apex fit into the shape of the white fabric. it looks slightly off.

bf-backlessbra-med1.jpg

...and NOT end up as a nugget on the Senior Level 1 team!

The "specialty bra" I purchased was from Maidenform at J C Penney.com (where all sturdy undergarments come from) ;)

All it took was a little research, a little time, and what would have been bow money... and we got a really good bra. This is just one I found in 5 minutes on Google. With this, I would also wear a strapless underneath.
I am not quite sure how this bra gives any support whatsoever. It is cute, and would work under the uniform but is still unfunctional.

I agree that it's not a necessity and there's no reason why the uniform shouldn't have a back however (I know a routine, especially L5, is very athletic/strenuous etc) they do only have to compete in the uniform for 10 or minutes at each comp.
It's not as if its a 3 hour practice or something.

The Fierce Board App! ||

The point is, people want to "legitimize" this sport but slowly but surely they're pushing uniforms to nothing more than pasties and tassels (exaggeration clearly but clearly uniform tops are less than what I was wearing in college 7 years ago) and for what purpose? Shock value. To say "wow look how much skin I'm showing". Nobody should have to jimmy-rig a bra in their uniform just to get through a routine. I've never watched a elite gymnastics competition and saw cut outs and straps and slashes in the back of their leotards? They have the V'd back and that is enough and what you CAN see is the outline of their sports bras because CLEARLY they know whats up. You can even watch DCC Making the Team and see that every year Kelly and Judy dedicate part of one episode to making sure their girls have proper supportive undergarments under their tops.

People are pushing the envelope with the backs of these uniforms for no real reason. Why must we bring "sexy" back in uniforms. Who are we trying to impress and for why?

Who are we trying to impress and for why?

This. This is what I just do not understand. What purpose does the backless uniform serve? Regardless of who likes it, who doesn't like it... just why?

I'm with the bra brigade on this. You shouldn't need to sew a bra into the uniform to make it work.

Ftr... sewing the bra to the garment takes away from the functionality of the bra. So you're actually defeating the bra by doing that. Bras are engineered to work when worn properly. Laugh all you want, but for real - scientists and engineers are working hard somewhere to design them to be functional. (Don't know if I'd want that job, but someone does!)

If you have breasts you need a good, REAL sports bra when doing athletic activities. Period.

I'm so glad to be a founding member of the bra brigade. The support these past few pages has brought a tear to my eye.

I remember a year or two back people were dismissing the bra issue so much on here. (Mostly males, which I found funny) I really am happy it's being discussed. To me it's a big issue.

I too don't understand the purpose of these cut out. Why should I have to go on a hunt and pay a zillion dollars to find a bra to fit under a uniform I just paid 400 for?

I'm so glad to be a founding member of the bra brigade. The support these past few pages has brought a tear to my eye.

I remember a year or two back people were dismissing the bra issue so much on here. (Mostly males, which I found funny) I really am happy it's being discussed. To me it's a big issue.

I too don't understand the purpose of these cut out. Why should I have to go on a hunt and pay a zillion dollars to find a bra to fit under a uniform I just paid 400 for?
The Bra Brigade should be a tag on here..like National Champion.

Count me in on being part of the bra brigade! I don't understand the backless uniforms. They look so uncomfortable! I don't care if she threw me out of the gym, I would be wearing a proper sports bra!!! I guess to be fair some of these athletes maybe don't know about the dangers of not wearing a supportive bra but coaches should be aware of the potential harm that not wearing one could have. yes our coaches are responsible for creating fun and innovative routines but when in the gym or at competition it is also their responsibility to be conscious of the safety of their athletes. while torn breast tissue doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, it can cause a great deal of pain and harm and coaches should think a bit more about it.

But hey maybe I am just boob conscious since I had my son 9 months ago and everyone and their mothers were asking if I was breast feeding seriously annoying!

Back