All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

THIS. See this is iffy for me, being a sprinter myself, because not really. I get totally where you're coming from but it's very untrue. There is no reason why I should have to wear a crop top and briefs to run. The shorts (they are basically underwear) are super short and quite uncomfortable quite frankly, and I don't see why I should have to wear them - but it's our team uniform. And the crop tops we wear often aren't as supportive as they look.

There's actually a really big debate going on about female sprinters and what the "norm" is to wear to compete, especially in colder climates. But that is a whole different topic for a whole different thread.

Every sport has its issues I guess.

The Fierce Board App! ||
Do you sprint for school? I'm guessing college? I run sprints on my school team and partake in relays and we've never wore crop tops (middle or high school). No one on our team would even think about running sprints without the proper sports bra! In fact we all have our "lucky bra" that we wear to meets. Our shorts are like spandex but not the underwear type you see in Olympics. They are probably the most comfortable things I've ever worn.

Do you sprint for school? I'm guessing college? I run sprints on my school team and partake in relays and we've never wore crop tops (middle or high school). No one on our team would even think about running sprints without the proper sports bra! In fact we all have our "lucky bra" that we wear to meets. Our shorts are like spandex but not the underwear type you see in Olympics. They are probably the most comfortable things I've ever worn.

I compete for school and club. Like you, school is vests and spandex.
Club level is wear we wear what they wear in the Olympics etc (basically underwear)

The Fierce Board App! ||

Our uniforms this year have a V shaped cutout in the back, so no, we can't wear a traditional sports bra. BUT there's a bra that Champion sportswear makes and it's an underwire sports bra in the front but clips like a normal bra in back. The straps are also wide enough. I'm a DD and it gives me plenty of support. You can get then at any sporting goods store.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'm just confused why the damage to breast tissue is any worse than the damage we put our bodies through everyday for the sport in general.... My thing is the Triple X uniform is adorable from the front and back and if I was on the team i'd do anything I could to find a comfortable bra to wear that uniform correctly.

This is a logical fallacy- It's like saying "well Matt Damon lost a bunch of weight just to play a role in the movie Courage Under Fire (which btw left him w/some adrenal problems that required medication for several years to help correct) or supermodels starve themselves to get the bodies "required" of their jobs". They are all choices and just bc someone CAN do something doesn't mean they SHOULD. There are plenty of people who choose to go the healthy route and exercise caution when it comes to their health and sports (or acting, modeling, etc. etc.), so that's faulty logic.

e2fb8b925016f8636b8bed6a4f49adbd.jpg

UCF new uniforms... I believe L5 got them end of last season but they're program unis now
1f4ed1fd37092dca11cb135b6d98e279.jpg

Matrix Lady V new uniforms! Love them! Simple and athletic but pretty too

Last edited:
e2fb8b925016f8636b8bed6a4f49adbd.jpg

UCF new uniforms... I believe L5 got them end of last season but they're program unis now
1f4ed1fd37092dca11cb135b6d98e279.jpg

Matrix Lady V new uniforms! Love them! Simple and athletic but pretty too

I like the front of Matrix...but there is no telling whats going on in the back...

UCF's uniform reminds me of a buffet. You get there. Load up your plate with some of everything. Chicken. Fries. Salad. A mini cheeseburger, pizza, rolls, random pieces of fruit, corn, broccoli. Then you get back to your table. Sit down. Look at your plate and then say "Wait...Maybe I went overboard".

This. This is what I just do not understand. What purpose does the backless uniform serve? Regardless of who likes it, who doesn't like it... just why?

I'm with the bra brigade on this. You shouldn't need to sew a bra into the uniform to make it work.

Ftr... sewing the bra to the garment takes away from the functionality of the bra. So you're actually defeating the bra by doing that. Bras are engineered to work when worn properly. Laugh all you want, but for real - scientists and engineers are working hard somewhere to design them to be functional. (Don't know if I'd want that job, but someone does!)

If you have breasts you need a good, REAL sports bra when doing athletic activities. Period.

I don't sew the bra in to "make it work". I sew a bra into my daughter's uniform to make sure that I am comfortable with the level of support she is getting as an athlete. Why would a woman wear two sports bras? Surely they were created so that one would give the support that is needed. She does it to make sure that her girls don't jiggle in the slightest. When we had the "Extreme" uniform, where she could use a regular bra, we doubled up. I'm a healthcare professional, I just take it upon myself to be sure that she's protected. In this sport, people spend more money on things that are less important for their kids. I just don't trust Varsity Brand with my daughters breast health. Are you all telling me that you do? Seriously?

All I'm saying is, in reality, if you cheer and you refuse to wear the uniform as instructed, it won't fly. You know it, and so I. It's a fantasy to think that you can just have your sports bra showing and that's going to be ok. Let's be real. When have you ever seen an athlete compete and have their sports bra stick out the shoulder of their asymetrical or off the shoulder uniform top? Never! If you do, it will be judged right here on this thread.

Whatever your opinion on the backless uniform, those folks are adults and that was their choice. My point was that the trend is moving in this direction, and if my CP were on a team that went that way and I chose to go with the uniform, I would be prepared to do what I had to do.

Our uniforms this year have a V shaped cutout in the back, so no, we can't wear a traditional sports bra. BUT there's a bra that Champion sportswear makes and it's an underwire sports bra in the front but clips like a normal bra in back. The straps are also wide enough. I'm a DD and it gives me plenty of support. You can get then at any sporting goods store.

Kudos for the girl who is willing to do what she has to do! Is it a C cup plus thing? Sometimes, any 'ole sportsbra won't cut it!

I like the front of Matrix...but there is no telling whats going on in the back...

UCF's uniform reminds me of a buffet. You get there. Load up your plate with some of everything. Chicken. Fries. Salad. A mini cheeseburger, pizza, rolls, random pieces of fruit, corn, broccoli. Then you get back to your table. Sit down. Look at your plate and then say "Wait...Maybe I went overboard".

I laughed so much at this:D

Latest posts

Back