All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think as spectators, parents or even athletes we forget that gym owners and coaches are creative people. These uniforms depict their vision for their teams' identity. I really think that "how will this look on Susie", is the last thought in their creative process. Susies come and go every year. But, the program or their team and its esthetic remains.

Not defending it. Just trying to see it from a different POV.

What I don't understand is the need to feel almost "sexy" in a cheerleading uniform? Because I know there is really no need for your chest to be exposed and to show off cleavage to execute a routine any better than if you were wearing shorts and a t shirt. Do some of these girls forget who is watching them at competitions? It's not the boys from their high school that they're trying to impress and show sex appeal to... it's tiny - junior aged athletes LOOKING UP AT THEM and WANTING TO BE THEM. And let alone the majority of the audience at a cheerleading competition is PARENTS. What makes a kid think that someone else's parents want to see their cheeks?
I don't even know if any of that made sense to anyone but me...

:cheering: THANK YOU

Are these new? They are gorgeous...
tumblr_mwg2ttYYFp1r0h7uqo1_500.jpg
i absolutely cannot stand the star(more starfish looking) on the side and rhinestones on the blue portion of the chest. Those shorts need 2inches hands down. This gym is in my local area and i feel like ill be seeing rear ends and wedgies all throughout the competition.

I just can't believe that some people need a rule to be made about uniform length and or coverage before they give their ATHLETES (not yelling lol just emphasizing ) appropriate unis. I mean... am I nuts? These are adults making these decisions :mad:. A lot of these unis are quite pretty, though and I'm thankful to those programs for keeping it classy.

What I don't understand is the need to feel almost "sexy" in a cheerleading uniform? Because I know there is really no need for your chest to be exposed and to show off cleavage to execute a routine any better than if you were wearing shorts and a t shirt. Do some of these girls forget who is watching them at competitions? It's not the boys from their high school that they're trying to impress and show sex appeal to... it's tiny - junior aged athletes LOOKING UP AT THEM and WANTING TO BE THEM. And let alone the majority of the audience at a cheerleading competition is PARENTS. What makes a kid think that someone else's parents want to see their cheeks?
I don't even know if any of that made sense to anyone but me...
You're assuming that these girls chose to have this uniform when in actuality it was the decision of the gym owner, coaches, and company rep...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I was listening to a group of parents at our last competition, and they were almost bragging about which one of their daughter's butt cheeks were out the most. Then I witnessed one girl getting a new skirt and she (and her mom) insisted it was too big when it fit perfect. Mom wants to get it altered to make it shorter and tighter. SMH

I was listening to a group of parents at our last competition, and they were almost bragging about which one of their daughter's butt cheeks were out the most. Then I witnessed one girl getting a new skirt and she (and her mom) insisted it was too big when it fit perfect. Mom wants to get it altered to make it shorter and tighter. SMH
Sorry, what?

unfortunately, i am not surprised in the slightest. i have been at a few gyms where parents insisted on being present during the fittings and would insist upon short and tight skirts even insisting the ever so wonderful 'if my child has the body why not' mentality

unfortunately, i am not surprised in the slightest. i have been at a few gyms where parents insisted on being present during the fittings and would insist upon short and tight skirts even insisting the ever so wonderful 'if my child has the body why not' mentality

I once had to disagree with them when they were fitting my daughter for her practice uni. I thought the shorts were way too short and tight. They disagreed. I lost. :(

Back