All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have heard that about @BuegeSmalls ;)
2lve4q9.gif

I don't see anything wrong with that TG uniform. It's an open team and it's a crop and shorts (basically) so I'm feeling like it's a lot of "hate" by people that 1) cannot wear it (physically) or 2) cannot afford it......
It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that the way they put the uniform together is not appropriate for the industry. Let alone for young girls to look up to and this it's okay. Not only that but it's a safety issue that should honestly not have had to be an issue in the first place.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't see anything wrong with that TG uniform. It's an open team and it's a crop and shorts (basically) so I'm feeling like it's a lot of "hate" by people that 1) cannot wear it (physically) or 2) cannot afford it......
It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the fact that the way they put the uniform together is not appropriate for the industry. Let alone for young girls to look up to and this it's okay. Not only that but it's a safety issue that should honestly not have had to be an issue in the first place.

Maybe our sarcasm meter is broken.

But it's not a level 6 so just because it's an open team doesn't mean anything in this argument.
And what does cost have to do with whether it's inappropriate? It could be free and I still wouldn't let my child wear it.
It looks like something out of an adult store catalog...not a cheer uniform. Probably the most indecent uniform to ever be posted on this board.

As one of the designers of the Top Gun OO5 uniform I take great pride in seeing artwork and ideas that have been pulled from pop culture, existing creative pieces and original creations and developing something I consider to be unique and stunning.

This leotard, short and gauntlet combination is in fact more fabric than this team is normally accustom to and quite practical as a performance garment as they clearly just got through two days of rigorous competition. The side print (in my mind which clearly some of you should never enter lol) is a flashy take on a cat print...Top Gun Jags...at this point I'm convinced some of you just like to speak bc we moved two straps from one day to the next and some of you thought it was a completely new uniform...really?

The Pride and Scorpio in me wants me to just tell some of you that your taste is basic bordering on dull and that someone like you will never be remembered.

Instead I say this...you live in a world where you want cheer to to be a sport so bad that you fall in line and create an image that you support so whole heartedly and blindly that anyone who steps outside of it is wrong...well not in my world. In my world cheerleading is a unique athletic activity...everyone shouldn't look like everyone else...elements like presentation, showmanship and creativity don't exist in "sports." But here in cheer there exists the ability to combine Acro, gymnastics, theatre and other elements all with a flare that is seen NOWHERE ELSE.

Some of you totally get it and are too afraid to reach for it...some of you won't...some of you are dead set against it...either way I love what I've helped create...and stand proudly by it.

Those of you who praise our organization as innovators and game changers must understand that it is a double edged sword. Are we saying this is the look that All Star cheer must embrace and conform to? No bc we would never want that and would never want someone to impose upon us that way. But what we are saying is that this team of 20+ year old individuals deserves something as unique and as different as they each are and that compliments the jaw dropping routine their coaches have created.

Your opinions are yours to share but your insults are neither needed nor welcomed...the uniform looked great on stage, served practical purposes and our athletes look and feel great in them!

im wondering how that uniformed looked while they were actually competing, stunting and tumbling in that. video has yet to surface.....

@Drkilluzionz you're completely entitled to your opinion and while I don't agree with the majority of your post, I can accept that you feel that way. However, I can't accept the "served practical purposes" argument as a legitimate one. There's nothing practical about anything you can't wear a real bra with, ESPECIALLY when it's a cheer uniform that's supposedly designed for rigorous athletic activity.

@Drkilluzionz has a point, the uniform is created for athletes that are at the age to understand it and like it. i think if every team uses the excuse that "underage kids will think its inappropriate" is kinda ridiculous, cause a lot of these underage kids are on senior teams walking around in crop tops and short shorts/skirts. seriously. like whats the difference... teams don't create uniforms to appease parents or other teams.

@Drkilluzionz you're completely entitled to your opinion and while I don't agree with the majority of your post, I can accept that you feel that way. However, I can't accept the "served practical purposes" argument as a legitimate one. There's nothing practical about anything you can't wear a real bra with, ESPECIALLY when it's a cheer uniform that's supposedly designed for rigorous athletic activity.

how many members of the team have YOU asked if the uniform "served practical purpose"?

why is the TG uniform not okay, but every other half top and mini skirt is? those are also not needed, but the athletes wear them anyways. someone please explain this double standard.

It's a SAFETY ISSUE. I'm not saying other uniforms aren't, but any uniform with a strappy design has a chance to cause an injury. Plus any uniform that does not have adequate "coverage" leaves room for wardrobe malfunctions.

Back