All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i doubt it. top gun has done plenty of uniforms in the past that were low cut, etc. and i never heard of any of them having a nip slip in the past. with all the back straps connecting to the top and the neck area it probably wont be an issue.

I am almost 100% positive that they had one a few years back at NCA in one of their more...small...uniforms. And it was captured in pictures that were published online before someone caught it. I might be wrong here so I am not saying this is fact, but I'm fairly certain I saw someone post about the incident somewhere.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

but answer my question, why are these okay? they are not needed for athletic value.
Athleticism wise, regular crop tops don't hinder the performance like an open back uniform would. I know I would definitely be more concerned with my bits and pieces staying put in a uniform like that compared to a regular crop.

And that you only associate a strap with a fetish is that my fault or could you stand to go see a fashion exhibit or watch a little project runway?
IMO, it's a combination of all the elements together and maybe society/Hollywood's portrayal of outfits that have been used to represent said fetish.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/quote]

which is why the stomach straps are removable. maybe they did the straps to get attention, but dont plan on competing with all of them attached. who knows. which is why im interested in seeing video.
But why pay for something you aren't going to use? The last thing I'd want to do after I got off the floor is throw my uniform stomach straps back on just for looks. And I probably wouldn't find them to be comfortable.

Plus my eight year old will tell anyone willing to listen that she is going to live in a Pent house in Miami, she is going to pay me to clean her house and I got a 100$ week allowance and can live with her for free and take her two girls (because she knows that's exactly how many she is going to have) to cheer at Top Gun because she is going to be busy being an anesthesiologist.

Hahaha I was def like that around 8/10 (about cheering another gym, ca to be specific).. but now i'm actually doing it:p

They are so fetch.

I wish they would...

dh989z.png

Athleticism wise, regular crop tops don't hinder the performance like an open back uniform would. I know I would definitely be more concerned with my bits and pieces staying put in a uniform like that compared to a regular crop.

IMO, it's a combination of all the elements together and maybe society/Hollywood's portrayal of outfits that have been used to represent said fetish.

what I saying is, why are you not complaining minors in half tops and mini skirts at competitions when there is no reason for it. why is it only not okay with TG does it? Or do you think that minors in half tops and mini skirts are okay?

I think the debate over cheer being a sport vs performance art is a whole other thread. In my perfect world teams would wear uniforms like A&T wears. Actual sports uniforms not the pageant/dance/art that we see. Why? Because when someone googles "all star cheer" and uniforms like that come up it sets us back.
Let's not try to improve our image...let's just burn it to the ground.

what I saying is, why are you not complaining minors in half tops and mini skirts at competitions when there is no reason for it. why is it only not okay with TG does it? Or do you think that minors in half tops and mini skirts are okay?

My daughter and her whole team put their warmups on when they come off the mat and they are to keep them on while not performing. Seeing girls run around in just their uniforms makes me cringe for so many reasons. (See, not a hypocrite!)
I don't like this uniform and nothing the designer can say (or whine) about it will change my mind. But this uni affects my life not at all. They enjoy the stripper look as a gym? Cool. I'll just roll my eyes and move on. ;)

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand what you were trying to say before. I thought your issue was uniforms and their contribution to the athleticism. I have no problem with minors in crops and skirts if they're tasteful. That might sound weird but maybe I'm just not bothered by seeing someone's belly button. Traditionally in cheer that's the uniform. They're at a venue where others are dressed similarly, like when people wear bikinis to the beach. It's not like they're parading around in them for fun in the mall or down Main St. When gym's have uniforms where cleavage is shown, butt cheeks are shown, there's no back, and people have to either go commando or bra less, then there's an issue regardless of age (not just TG, many other gyms with these issues have been discussed). When I was 16, I joined my first gym and wasn't ok with wearing a half top or a short skirt but my coaches added length to everyone's so that it looked tasteful.

Last edited:
Which Top Gun team has the uniforms with mainly mesh sleeves and little accents of a yellow to black sublimation gradient? I know they've been posted on here before but I just saw them on my tumblr dash and I really love them.

I don't think this is TG's problem to solve. The judges were able to do it and 005's score proves it.
I don't think you really mean that. You don't care that some people might be distracted by the uniform? As a parent or a coach or an athlete most would care....as they should. The routine you put on the floor should be the focus the uniform should compliment that.

Back