All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ehh when it comes to the uniforms, ill agree they have that risque factor, but stripper is kinda pushing it for me. strippers wear a lot less clothing than this... i feel since its an open team and the age range of the majority on the team are older then 18. the uniform really isnt that bad.

No sports bra = impractical in my book. No matter how gorgeous it is. And yes I do apply this to everyone, including my favorite teams. But there are different levels of impractical. So I don't need to say it every time. But no bra/sticky bra? I WILL bring it up every single time. It's ridiculous.
Proud member of the bra brigade :cool:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't think you really mean that. You don't care that some people might be distracted by the uniform? As a parent or a coach or an athlete most would care....as they should. The routine you put on the floor should be the focus the uniform should compliment that.

well the judges disagree. again, look at their score, they were not distracted.

No sports bra = impractical in my book. No matter how gorgeous it is. And yes I do apply this to everyone, including my favorite teams. But there are different levels of impractical. So I don't need to say it every time. But no bra/sticky bra? I WILL bring it up every single time. It's ridiculous.
Proud member of the bra brigade :cool:

Exactly!! This is a high impact sport and the girls need to be supported.

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand what you were trying to say before. I thought your issue was uniforms and their contribution to the athleticism. I have no problem with minors in crops and skirts if they're tasteful. That might sound weird but maybe I'm just not bothered by seeing someone's belly button. Traditionally in cheer that's the uniform. They're at a venue where others are dressed similarly, like when people wear bikinis to the beach. It's not like they're parading around in them for fun in the mall or down Main St. When gym's have uniforms where cleavage is shown, butt cheeks are shown, there's no back, and people have to either go commando or bra less, then there's an issue regardless of age (not just TG, many other gyms with these issues have been discussed). When I was 16, I joined my first gym and wasn't ok with wearing a half top or a short skirt but my coaches added length to everyone's so that it looked tasteful.

can you elaborate more on this? it's traditional in cheerleading to wear half the amount of clothing that most athletes wear? and people are okay with this? why?!

My daughter and her whole team put their warmups on when they come off the mat and they are to keep them on while not performing. Seeing girls run around in just their uniforms makes me cringe for so many reasons. (See, not a hypocrite!)
I don't like this uniform and nothing the designer can say (or whine) about it will change my mind. But this uni affects my life not at all. They enjoy the stripper look as a gym? Cool. I'll just roll my eyes and move on. ;)
You, I have an issue with bc I feel your belittling and insulting...so I guess I'll just roll my eyes at you?...No because that's childish...What part of your post really needed to be said? At this point I feel like you just want to be heard whether you listen or not...your stance and attitude on the matter I don't care for and I clearly have nothing positive to say to you so on that note...have a lovely night :)

Sooo..
On with some uniforms!!
Peach Arch Champion Cheer from Canada! (not exactly sure where in Canada..)
o6k6j4.png

the back of the top is just normal but with the little logo (like on the skirt)!
some of the younger teams have full tops i believe... not quite sure.

You, I have an issue with bc I feel your belittling and insulting...so I guess I'll just roll my eyes at you?...No because that's childish...What part of your post really needed to be said? At this point I feel like you just want to be heard whether you listen or not...your stance and attitude on the matter I don't care for and I clearly have nothing positive to say to you so on that note...have a lovely night :)

"The Pride and Scorpio in me wants me to just tell some of you that your taste is basic bordering on dull and that someone like you will never be remembered"

And THIS is why I have a problem with you. Belittling and insulting much?

You have a lovely night too.

can you elaborate more on this? it's traditional in cheerleading to wear half the amount of clothing that most athletes wear? and people are okay with this? why?!
The first time I remember seeing any kind of cheerleading was Bring it On in 2000 and they had crops and skirts. So yes, I would say it's traditional for at least the past 14 years. Just like it's traditional in gymnastics to wear a leotard, wearing a speedo in diving, and little dresses in figure skating. For the most part, cheer society has leaned towards crops and skirts. Not sure if you're actually interested in why people are ok with things being a certain way but there's a bunch of studies in psychology that say people go with the norm and obey people in power (officials, doctors, coaches, etc.) so I'd suggest reading those if you really want to know why. Gyms can choose to put their athletes in sweatpants and turtlenecks but tasteful crops and skirts are alright too. If you're talking about tops that barely cover underboob and skirts that are shorter than spanks, which is what I think you're getting at, then no that is traditionally not ok.

Last edited:
i have a feeling top gun is loving the publicity they are getting right now, i think they knew exactly what they were doing when it came to these. they knew it would get people talking and make them watch OO5 for the rest of the season. clearly the athletes wearing them dont mind, and the parents are clearly okay with it as well since they went through with designing them and putting them on their athletes.
moving on... i have yet to see a lady jags or OO5 video surface yet. maybe in the morning there will be one.

Sooo..
On with some uniforms!!
Peach Arch Champion Cheer from Canada! (not exactly sure where in Canada..)
o6k6j4.png

the back of the top is just normal but with the little logo (like on the skirt)!
some of the younger teams have full tops i believe... not quite sure.
Is that lace on the sleeves? Reminds me of a fishing net and makes me scared for fingers that could get caught in the holes, some look kinda big. Besides that I like it.

ehh when it comes to the uniforms, ill agree they have that risque factor, but stripper is kinda pushing it for me. strippers wear a lot less clothing than this... i feel since its an open team and the age range of the majority on the team are older then 18. the uniform really isnt that bad.
you always have to be on the opposite side of all others in every thread don't ya

Back