All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've actually had discussions with my friends as to where we would all get our Olympic ring tats if we ever competed and I decided on my forehead because I would need everyone to know I was an Olympian everywhere I go.
Love it! Hmm now I wonder where I'd get mine, never thought of that before.

I've actually had discussions with my friends as to where we would all get our Olympic ring tats if we ever competed and I decided on my forehead because I would need everyone to know I was an Olympian everywhere I go.
Wrist like Sam Peszek or Jordyn Wieber! Or ribs. I don't think I could ever get a tattoo, but if I were an Olympian I definitely would get the Olympic rings.

It used to be illegal to show tattoos at cheer competitions in Sweden. Not anymore, though. But it was never a problem, people just used tape to cover it up. Also very few teams have cut-outs in their uniforms and overall we show less skin - so less tattoos showing.

Actually, there were a few issues with it and I think that's why we don't have that rule anymore. One issue is that as a spectator not familiar with the rules, one could easily think that all that coach tape meant that the athletes were injured. I've had to explain this to more than one parent in the past.

The other issue is the safety one. The risk with tape is that it might come off or get tangled somehow, making it less safe than just showing the tattoo. Coach tape is for people who actually need it and should not, in my opinion, be used to cover up tattoos. Makeup on the other hand might be a great choice if you want to cover them up - with the risk of ruining your uniform of course.

For me personally I'm very happy that this is rule was removed. I have 3 small tattoos that aren't at all noticeable, but I still had to cover them up causing extra stress on competition day, not to mention the pain of having to remove the tape that always got stuck in my hair (for my back/neck one). I'm also glad that it won't look like I'm competing with wrist and ankle injuries.

I've already agreed (and researched the regulations to be sure) to take my son to get some ink. I told him IF he makes it into the academy that will be our celebration activity. He wants the USAF logo on his upper arm.

(I agreed to skydiving too, I'm thinking this is less risky) :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yes! I love this. I love tattoos, but I like them to have meaning. This would be an accomplishment he can be proud of forever so it'd be a perfect tattoo.

I read this too fast and read USAF as USASF. Needless to say I was very confused as to why that would be a tattoo choice for anyone really, but then I reread it. I like what you wrote better than what I read.

Hahahahaha that would be hilarious. If this was actually what he was getting I'd have to get a "side eye face" tattoo just so I could side eye 12step permanently.
I do. Perhaps you can decipher this....

Kdnj osb

#meanie :p

Fierce Board award for sure. You absolutely win with this post. :D :p :D

I don't really think that much about tattoos for allstar teams but I like to see them covered for college teams. I know South Carolina requires theirs to be covered while in uniform. My friend uses stage makeup for the one on her side. But now they are restricted to only full tops so it's not really a problem anymore.
I'm with you on this. College teams are supposed to have the "all-american girl next door" look. Crucify me for saying this, but I don't think visible tattoos in a college cheer uniform fit into that look. One of the freshmen came on to the team my senior year with a massive ankle tattoo that was really obvious. It wasn't a team rule because my coach didn't care enough to make a rule...but I told her that she had to cover it. :oops: She just taped around it and it looked totally fine.

Last edited:
I love seeing Olympian's Olympic rings tattoos, but that's just me. So cool to see where they all get them.

I don't have a problem with tattoos. A lot (maybe almost majority) of my friends have them. I just don't have anything that I want bad enough to get put on my body permanently. I have several friends that just roll up to the tattoo studio and get whatever is on their mind. I have a hard time believing that they won't regret that. But it's their body, not mine.

I don't really think that much about tattoos for allstar teams but I like to see them covered for college teams. I know South Carolina requires theirs to be covered while in uniform. My friend uses stage makeup for the one on her side. But now they are restricted to only full tops so it's not really a problem anymore.
I love the Olympic rings tattoos also. We were in Hawaii a few years ago and there was a girl standing next to me with the rings on her back shoulder; it turned out she swam for the Phillippines at the Sydney Olympics. It was quite cool.
As a parent watching cheer, I personally do not like seeing the tattoos on cheerleaders creeping out below the crop tops or on their sides as I find it distracting. It is not something I would want to see on my own kid but I can appreciate the beauty of tattoos and although I do not have any, I do not have issue with them.

Last edited:
I googled it and apparently there's nothing in the Code of Points mandating that tattoos must be covered. I could see Marta wanting them to be covering or other Federations might have rules about them. I kinda like Vanessa's though! It's pretty.
Certain countries federations may call for coverage of tattoos. Marcel Ngyuen (sp?) from Germany has a huge chest piece that the German Olympic Comittee requested he cover for the 2012 Olympics but at other major FIG events he hasnt been made to cover them. At any rate comparing Womens artistic gymnastics body art standards to cheerleading is like comparing apples and oranges, theyre completely different.

Saw this on Tumblr

tumblr_n2lnldbIqt1s417ruo1_500.jpg

I'm with you on this. College teams are supposed to have the "all-american girl next door" look. Crucify me for saying this, but I don't think visible tattoos in a college cheer uniform fit into that look. One of the freshmen came on to the team my senior year with a massive ankle tattoo that was really obvious. It wasn't a team rule because my coach didn't care enough to make a rule...but I told her that she had to cover it. :oops: She just taped around it and it looked totally fine.

Oh, tattoos.

Every year during my school cheer season (yes, these are high schoolers), I say the same thing. (Most of my all star girls either did not have any or didn't have any visible.)

I say this every year at our first mandatory meeting in April - "I know you guys are thinking about tattoos, just know that if you have one visible, it needs to be covered. Same with your non-ear piercings."

Then every year we have someone get huffy and snotty with me because they got a tattoo two days before camp and I tell them it has to be covered.

Same with the "eyebrow ring I just got."

Yes, I know it messes it up/closes it up. No, I don't care. Why? Because I told you 2 months ago that if you got it, it would need to be covered.

My fave response was "Oh my god if my tattoo gets messed up, I'm telling my mom and you'll have to pay for it."

Haha. Ok.

Does anyone know if in other performance based sports such as dance or gymnastics the athletes are required to cover up their tattoos?
Or is it the decision of the coach/athlete?

Over here I know that if my dance school has to perform or compete people have to cover up their tattoos. The argument is, if you can't have bra straps shown, why show off tattoos? Not sure is it's the same in the states though...

our new junior uniforms came in today,just in time for regionals on sunday!
The design is mainly by @BuegeSmalls and we LOVE it! Thank you so much for your help once again
We decided to not have our Juniors wear crop tops due to the simple fact that they are still in a stage where they are not really comfortable with the changes in their bodies and we do not want to have anyone feel uncomfortable or embarrassed whenever performing

wildfireuni_zps4e4fac25.jpg

Last edited:
Back