All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The little one, on the end of the right side of the pyramid, serves you the entire routine. Check out how she pulls that heel stretch in the pyramid! Love me some Legends!

I love the round off, double toe touch, 2 BHS to tuck that two of the girls do around 0:40 seconds. I love me some Legends too!

Depicts the whole TGLCEA bid giving :cloud9:

CAST YOUR STONES, AND DRAW YOUR WEAPONS BUTTTTT: This has got to be one of the most fake things I've seen on the Internet in quite some time! You can tell by the way the Top Gun Athletes were speaking that a coach or someone higher guided them in what they were to say to Coed Elite when they approached them. And then Coed Elite had those blank stares and it was so awkward. You can hear one kid say "Are we accepting it?" Like ummmm I don't want your scraps! I'm not buying it, it's my opinion which I'm entitled to, and thats what I got from that video. So fake, staged, forced, & terribly awkward. One of the coed elite kids even said "Oh! he said to give them hugs." Then everyone started hugging after an awkward 5 second pause and staring contest. I Can't....

CAST YOUR STONES, AND DRAW YOUR WEAPONS BUTTTTT: This has got to be one of the most fake things I've seen on the Internet in quite some time! You can tell by the way the Top Gun Athletes were speaking that a coach or someone higher guided them in what they were to say to Coed Elite when they approached them. And then Coed Elite had those blank stares and it was so awkward. You can hear one kid say "Are we accepting it?" Like ummmm I don't want your scraps! I'm not buying it, it's my opinion which I'm entitled to, and thats what I got from that video. So fake, staged, forced, & terribly awkward. One of the coed elite kids even said "Oh! he said to give them hugs." Then everyone started hugging after an awkward 5 second pause and staring contest. I Can't....
Tell us how you really feel. :rolleyes:

I kind of thought the same thing when I watched it, but didn't want to say anything. Something felt contrived about it, and like you said awkward. I don't know.

But anyway kudos to TG, it was still a beautiful gesture!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt awkward watching that. I don't think the whole thing was staged, I'm sure TG genuinely felt that they had stolen the paid bid from CEA and that CEA deserved it. But the video made me feel like they were trying to shove the humanity and this "miracle" down my throat. The video makes it feel like such a publicity stunt. I am proud of TG for being selfless but geez-louise, everything that comes out of CEA feels like a forced fairy tale. The song at the end was over the top and unneeded.

On an unrelated note, I enjoy the cleaning up SE has done in the past few weeks. Their routine looks a lot less chaotic. I was impressed.

More then likely its cause they had to wait around and get permission to hand over the bid, so coed elite probably already knew that top gun wanted to give them the bid before this video was made. so video comes off kinda awkward... like "ya we just got a bid, but had to stand around for 2 hours waiting for it" kinda deal. ha. but im sure the kids on top gun and coed elite are all sweet, i doubt they were trying to be fake.

The tweets about the giving of the bid happened no more than 5 maybe 10 minutes after the original bid tweets. Whether the video is staged or not, the decision to give back the bid happened fast.
ohh. but i wonder how long it took for the two teams to all get together and hand over the bid to them.

I don't think it was a 'we don't want your scraps' moment. It was a 'is this for real? What do we do next? Where's a coach when you need one?' moment. Heck, even I was a bit skeptical when I first heard what he said!

Movies and video have a way of dramatizing things that are a little less dramatic in person. Do I believe these kids discussed what they should say with their coaches? Of course...they're kids! But, it does not diminish the fact that they gave away $25,000. Teenagers have the reputation of being self-centered but, watch the video again and look at their faces. Those Top Gun kids would have to be Academy Award winning actors to hide not wanting to give away that bid if they were faking it. I was right there. I did not hear a grumble or a grunt. They seemed happy to do it!

Edited to add: This happened right after awards while SCE was watching their performance video. SE and TGLC had taken their pix. I was saying good night to some parents and picking up my CP's jacket from a SE friend. So the competition ended and in the time it took me to walk from the back of the arena to the front, say goodbye and get the jacket, this started to happen.

p.s. I spied my tired self in that video.

Last edited:
Really... Okay, I'm honestly not surprised someone asked if they were accepting it.... They were probably thinking "are we actually going to take their bid or should we insist they keep it?" I personally know I wouldn't know what to do in that situation which would be why they kind of paused and had to be told to give hugs. When I found out, I didn't know whether to believe it or not (before seeing a legit source), so I'm sure they felt the same. I honestly think they were just shocked by the gesture and didn't know what to do, which made it awkward, but looking at their I think it's obvious that it wasn't staged. And they're teenagers of course they asked their coach what to say.... They were probably as nervous about it as coed was shocked.
A note about coed elite, atAmericas best, they were nothing but nice to everyone they met. They were beyond simply polite to everyone from my gym, they were incredibly sweet. They were complimenting our bows :)cloud9: I made them), taking pics, a couple boys even told the younger ones they would watch their routine. They were all smiles and friendly conversation every time I encountered them (and anyone else from CEA)... I doubt those kids were anything but gracious and sweet toward Top Gun. Videos are awkward.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt awkward watching that. I don't think the whole thing was staged, I'm sure TG genuinely felt that they had stolen the paid bid from CEA and that CEA deserved it. But the video made me feel like they were trying to shove the humanity and this "miracle" down my throat. The video makes it feel like such a publicity stunt. I am proud of TG for being selfless but geez-louise, everything that comes out of CEA feels like a forced fairy tale. The song at the end was over the top and unneeded.

On an unrelated note, I enjoy the cleaning up SE has done in the past few weeks. Their routine looks a lot less chaotic. I was impressed.

My thoughts exactly.

Back