All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did we see the same video? People have the right to comment on improperly trained tumbling when they see it. You're really too biased to say anything dude.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
People are more than willing to comment however they feel the need to. They love the stunts? Great! They hate the stunts? Great! That's the beauty of this sport - some things you will like and some things you won't. I was just asking that people not speak for the entire program after seeing only one team. We have six worlds teams for you to pick apart and comment on.

I have a question, and sincerely hoping I don't get attacked over it...BUT aren't the same comments about PCM tumbling made every year?
And yes, for the most part, most comments I've seen are only ever directed towards fantasy, not any other team.

Yes....
However out of the more then 40 tumbling skills thrown it is understandable that some athletes may make mistakes.
It is unfortunate that Kenzie decided to whip-half-splat however she is a very able and competent tumbler, and Pooky is training very hard but made an error in judgment when throwing a skill that is not perfected yet since, as you saw, it effected her ability to complete her stunt. As for Slinky, who is a very powerful tumbler, fortunately her error in technique did not leave any permant damage and she learned a very valuable lesson in self-control on the mat that day.
It is early in the season and we all have lots of hard work yet to do. Tumbling technique is something all of us should be concerned with and I appreciate everyone holding us accountable. We are listening and taking all of it to heart for sure.

Yes....
However out of the more then 40 tumbling skills thrown it is understandable that some athletes may make mistakes.
It is unfortunate that Kenzie decided to whip-half-splat however she is a very able and competent tumbler, and Pooky is training very hard but made an error in judgment when throwing a skill that is not perfected yet since, as you saw, it effected her ability to complete her stunt. As for Slinky, who is a very powerful tumbler, fortunately her error in technique did not leave any permant damage and she learned a very valuable lesson in self-control on the mat that day.
It is early in the season and we all have lots of hard work yet to do. Tumbling technique is something all of us should be concerned with and I appreciate everyone holding us accountable. We are listening and taking all of it to heart for sure.

Personally I think people just look for ways to be critical. The last two years fantasy has started out with some poor technoque tumbling wise, but what I see in this video are mistakes that are made early in the season due to nerves and lack of conditioning. The girl with the whip half to face clearly just got lost, and really whipped way to high which I see happen alot with my athletes whips passes when they are new skills and they try too hard. The three two doubles just rushed the spin without focusing on the bhs, and there were a couple of under rotated doubles what were absolutely gorgeous otherwise!
There were probably some tucked fulls but that's not a safety concern, it just doesn't look pretty.
Personally, @Coach Troy , i feel the tumbling has improved tremendously and the technique is on par with most teams. Once they get better conditioned those few doubles will finish and mental mistakes will become a thing of the past. However could you do me a favor and make the three to doubles go front to back and the two to doubles go back to front? Those three two to doubles were amazing!

I agree the people saying PCM's tumbling looks a lot better. There are clearly passes that are watered down, which is good. I think most of the tumbling issues with Fantasy were performance errors. It was their first big performance of the year. Nerves play a huge part in that.
I know my Senior 3 this past weekend had their first competition. Kids that have been throwing level 3 skills for 5+ years all of a sudden looked like they had rigamortis and could barely make it around. All because of nerves and a little performance anxiety.
Give em a break...if it looks like that in February, then go hog wild.

I agree the people saying PCM's tumbling looks a lot better. There are clearly passes that are watered down, which is good. I think most of the tumbling issues with Fantasy were performance errors. It was their first big performance of the year. Nerves play a huge part in that.
I know my Senior 3 this past weekend had their first competition. Kids that have been throwing level 3 skills for 5+ years all of a sudden looked like they had rigamortis and could barely make it around. All because of nerves and a little performance anxiety.

Can I just say this sounds like a Harry Potter spell to me

waiting for a vid of your dance!! :)

Thank God. I thought only Fantasy had to be World's ready in November at their showcase. While other teams with errors at their showcases get a pass. Getting the nerves out and working out kinks are what showcases are for - prior to the first comp of the year.

Personally I think people just look for ways to be critical. The last two years fantasy has started out with some poor technoque tumbling wise, but what I see in this video are mistakes that are made early in the season due to nerves and lack of conditioning. The girl with the whip half to face clearly just got lost, and really whipped way to high which I see happen alot with my athletes whips passes when they are new skills and they try too hard. The three two doubles just rushed the spin without focusing on the bhs, and there were a couple of under rotated doubles what were absolutely gorgeous otherwise!
There were probably some tucked fulls but that's not a safety concern, it just doesn't look pretty.
Personally, @Coach Troy , i feel the tumbling has improved tremendously and the technique is on par with most teams. Once they get better conditioned those few doubles will finish and mental mistakes will become a thing of the past. However could you do me a favor and make the three to doubles go front to back and the two to doubles go back to front? Those three two to doubles were amazing!

Thanks @drewpate
criticism is healthy and if we put out a video we have to be ok with the good and the bad. We need to always keep learning and growing. Achievers are DO'ers and sometimes that means we make mistakes, which reminds me of one of my favorite John Wooden quotes that states..."there is nothing wrong with having faults so long as you work conscientiously to correct them"-JW-
That is why we are **Fearlessly** ready to show what we got...good and bad....

I am so excited about this season!! Its gonna be very interesting everyone is so talented Good Luck

P.S. I agree with you about the front to back;)

Back