All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes it is :) Kels and Ashley are my CPs!
OMG I LOVE THEM!! So talented and beautiful!!! Is nothing Ashley can't do?!!! I have pics of both of them w/my CP. Kelsey during BATB her last year and Ashley right after Worlds 2012, and both at the gold party 2012~ :)

ETA- Now I'm on my computer and I can totally tell it's Kelsey, lol.

Honestly, putting a "don't post negative comments" disclaimer on a Youtube video is just not a smart move.

Seriously right? It's called disabling comments period if that's a concern. I don't owe people anything with regards to my YouTube videos. I had to start using comment moderation bc of unnecessary, mean, and ugly comments directed towards specific people. I allow people to voice their opinions of the routines if it's done in an appropriate fashion. "I'm not fond of the dance", "I think there's too much going on in the routine", etc. are ok. "So-and so fell @1:20" and/or comments on weight, looks, or anything about a specific person or team that is rude or cruel are not and will not be allowed. I don't care what you think I should or shouldn't allow regarding comments.

I don't think comments after the SE video was posted can be considered as "sugar coating" since in previous pages, it was described exaggeratedly disastrous. Yes, the pyramid was a mess but other than that, t'was a good routine

Thing is- we don't know for certain on stunts. Several times the video zoomed in, so things could have bobbled/fallen and gotten back up and we wouldn't know otherwise.

But I've come to hate that competition. The floor freaks me out and I don't even compete.

I don't think comments after the SE video was posted can be considered as "sugar coating" since in previous pages, it was described exaggeratedly disastrous. Yes, the pyramid was a mess but other than that, t'was a good routine

I'm only chiming in on this because it seems to be a theme among recent posts.

It's nice that the general consensus is that it was "exaggeratedly disastrous". However, I think that opinion depends on your perspective. For the kids on that floor and their families....I'm not sure "disastrous" was a strong enough word for how they felt about it. But the only ones who really felt that way here were people who have friends and family on that team. None of those people would deliberately exaggerate their own child's negative performance for any reason (I can't imagine what kind of person would do that) so those reports are completely reflective of how THEY felt about their performance and not some strange plot to make the world think they were terrible (which is the vibe I'm getting).

Not even sure if any of that makes sense other than to say, to those girls and their families....that wasn't an exaggeration, it's just how THEY felt about it. And since the reports came from those same people, that's why the discussion went that way.

On a positive note: I did see something I have never seen after this performance. Had this been my kids' previous team I know exactly how the following practice would've gone (and for SE they went directly to practice from the arena) and dreaded that for those kids....until I heard about it and then saw some myself.

My kids have been called an "embarrassment to their gym" and "trash" by their coaches (this was to a junior team) after a routine that didn't hit. Threatened to take skills out since they "can't hit them" and had the "well, you'd have won if you'd hit what we choreographed because we did OUR job!" After every. Single. Competition for four years. So I dreaded that practice for SE (and my kids aren't even on it, just ones we've gotten to know well).

So it's yet another paradigm shift when I hear the coach with my own ears not yell, not freak out, not make them run laps and take full responsibility for SE's performance herself. And let's face it SEs stakes were MUCH higher than some random non worlds junior team from a relatively unknown gym.

That being said, she told them it was entirely her fault, apologized, told them how she was going to fix it and scheduled probably 10 hours of practice over the next two days. I still can't wrap my head around it. A coach that takes responsibility (warranted or not) rather than blaming the kids. It's moments like that that make me realize that we made the right decision giving our CPs to Courtney Smith Pope.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It's nice that the general consensus is that it was "exaggeratedly disastrous". However, I think that opinion depends on your perspective. For the kids on that floor and their families....I'm not sure "disastrous" was a strong enough word for how they felt about it. But the only ones who really felt that way here were people who have friends and family on that team. None of those people would deliberately exaggerate their own child's negative performance for any reason (I can't imagine what kind of person would do that) so those reports are completely reflective of how THEY felt about their performance and not some strange plot to make the world think they were terrible (which is the vibe I'm getting).

Not even sure if any of that makes sense other than to say, to those girls and their families....that wasn't an exaggeration, it's just how THEY felt about it. And since the reports came from those same people, that's why the discussion went that way.

On a positive note: I did see something I have never seen after this performance. Had this been my kids' previous team I know exactly how the following practice would've gone (and for SE they went directly to practice from the arena) and dreaded that for those kids....until I heard about it and then saw some myself.

My kids have been called an "embarrassment to their gym" and "trash" by their coaches (this was to a junior team) after a routine that didn't hit. Threatened to take skills out since they "can't hit them" and had the "well, you'd have won if you'd hit what we choreographed because we did OUR job!" After every. Single. Competition for four years. So I dreaded that practice for SE (and my kids aren't even on it, just ones we've gotten to know well).

So it's yet another paradigm shift when I hear the coach with my own ears not yell, not freak out, not make them run laps and take full responsibility for SE's performance herself. And let's face it SEs stakes were MUCH higher than some random non worlds junior team from a relatively unknown gym.

That being said, she told them it was entirely her fault, apologized, told them how she was going to fix it and scheduled probably 10 hours of practice over the next two days. I still can't wrap my head around it. A coach that takes responsibility (warranted or not) rather than blaming the kids. It's moments like that that make me realize that we made the right decision giving our CPs to Courtney Smith Pope.

Upon reading this, I'm the one who can't wrap my head around it. That being said, Its good that they took this as a learning experience and as a driving force to be better. True, it amazed me when you said that CSP took the blame for herself because it takes humility to accept such of a responsibility. If I were a coach, I wouldn't know what to do.

Routine-wise, I'd rather see them fall this early so that they can correct their mistakes (which, by the way, is a tremendous task cansidering how difficult their entire routine is) rather than in any major comp and at worlds.

On the "exaggerated" comment, I'd stick to it as is ONLY because I've seen similar mistakes on other teams the past years. But I get where the parents and friends of those that competed are coming from though- I could only imagine what they felt when the pyramid went wrong. Either way, we all have our opinions on things. I just hope this doesn't come off as a negative post...

Upon reading this, I'm the one who can't wrap my head around it. That being said, Its good that they took this as a learning experience and as a driving force to be better. True, it amazed me when you said that CSP took the blame for herself because it takes humility to accept such of a responsibility. If I were a coach, I wouldn't know what to do.

Routine-wise, I'd rather see them fall this early so that they can correct their mistakes (which, by the way, is a tremendous task cansidering how difficult their entire routine is) rather than in any major comp and at worlds.

On the "exaggerated" comment, I'd stick to it as is ONLY because I've seen similar mistakes on other teams the past years. But I get where the parents and friends of those that competed are coming from though- I could only imagine what they felt when the pyramid went wrong. Either way, we all have our opinions on things. I just hope this doesn't come off as a negative post...
I don't see any of it as negative. Good thoughts here. I was trying to be positive after they competed. CEA is known for their superstitions and the first time I ever saw SE was at this same competition during MGs last year (whenever that was) and it was a similar performance (I think they dropped 6-8 stunts and the pyramid didn't go etc etc). They won worlds that year so I just told the girls I know, "it's a sign!!!" And that made them laugh :)

I cannot stop watching Stars. My eyes are bloodshot, and I just can't stop. I'm truly in shock that this is happening. That routine is just amazing. I could watch it all day long...and I did...and I still am.
I have been doing the same exact thing!! That routine is amazing from start to finish!!
And the best part is that I'm going to see it in person in a few weeks! That is as long as they will be at the encore comp in nj December 8th

I have been doing the same exact thing!! That routine is amazing from start to finish!!
And the best part is that I'm going to see it in person in a few weeks! That is as long as they will be at the encore comp in nj December 8th

Agree!! Kudos to whoever choreographed it and to the girls for performing it to perfection!

You literally took the words out of my mouth. When you look at the talent, stunts that hit, and the possibilities, you can understand why so many people think "disastrous" is an overstatement. As a parent of a CP on another LAG5 team, I can understand why the athletes/parents feel this way. I can guarantee that my daughter and her team would feel exactly the same way under the same circumstances. All of these athletes work so hard and they beat themselves up so much for even the slightest mistake. As a parent, I would not have wanted that video out either. Not because of embarrassment, but for the hurt that it would cause my daughter's team. They do not need a reminder of the performance that they will live over in their minds for quite a while. I am so glad that no one was hurt during the performance. They will use the experience to move forward and learn from it. They will come back stronger and more educated. I am truly impressed that their coach took responsibility and she is giving them the tools and training they will need to proceed in the right direction. I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us later this year.

Agree!! Kudos to whoever choreographed it and to the girls for performing it to perfection!

Who does choreograph stars routine? I always wondered that. Do Elaine and Joelle do mostly everything? Or other world cup coaches? I know they usually have Jamie Parish do their dance. but who does the routines?

whoever did it this year is amazing! its one of the best choreographed routines ive seen in all my years of cheerleading.

Back