All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The longer you are at CEA, the more you will find that the same standard that CSP held herself to with that performance on that day, is the same standard that all of the kids who are coached by her hold themselves to as well...everyday. CSP has coached my CP on at least one of her teams for the past eight years. To a degree, she's adopted her coach's work ethic. They all have. Especially the seniors. So, anything less than the perfection, they have been working toward, in their minds = their fault and a hot mess.
The great thing about this is that these kids whom Courtney has trained, use these moments, go back into the gym and work that much harder. It's taught my CP lessons that are serving her away from the gym.

i do completely understand in the athletes mind that since they are the ones performing its considered a disaster. but for people to be so defensive about releasing video, or commenting on how its rude to release video, in my mind is a little ridiculous. i get they are a heavily scrutinized team, but i didnt really see anyone be extremely harsh even after it was released, so whats the point of people getting so worked up about it. the world isnt going to end over a negative comment about one video this early in the season. i dont know, i just found it amusing how people argued for ten pages over nothing. ultimately its public video, and to criticize someone for releasing video is pointless. and lets face theres way worse youtube videos being released out there, then a cheer team falling in competition.

im just glad that whole argument is over.... can we start making nca/world predictions now.:p cause thats my favorite time of year on the boards anyways....

Ugh this whole thing is annoying..
Can we move on from it? The video was put out there, nothing we can really do, nothing really to argue about :)

Question...
Was there not a rule made at the start of this season that braced inversions in level 5 pyramids would be considered illegal if contact was not made by the bracer until the flipper was caught in cradle? I distinctly remember reading that somewhere and wondered why that's not really something anyone's following/enforcing?
Yes, it was... Our coaches have been on us like crazy to make sure the bracers are holding on until the fliers are completely into the cradle. I never really realized how many smaller issues that it would cause in a pyramid :confused:

I'd prepare for it to be the same at every bid event in Texas.
No doubt. Although I would like to think it would be the same at every bid event whether it was in Texas or not. About 20% of bid events do not have a Core Safety Judge? That seems a little concerning.

No doubt. Although I would like to think it would be the same at every bid event whether it was in Texas or not. About 20% of bid events do not have a Core Safety Judge? That seems a little concerning.
Core safety judges are basically a small group of very experienced safety judges. @Andre correct me if I'm wrong but there than ten of you right? There are still a lot more safety judges out there.

I would say there are certified safety judges at 99% of bid giving events, and I only say that because I'm not sure it's a requirement but I've never experienced a bid event without one.

I think it will be the same at every event, bid or not, that has a Core person. I know every bid event in Texas has one, that's why I said it that way.

Having a core safety judge was optional this year. I don't think it will be next season.

Core safety judges are basically a small group of very experienced safety judges. @Andre correct me if I'm wrong but there than ten of you right? There are still a lot more safety judges out there.

I would say there are certified safety judges at 99% of bid giving events, and I only say that because I'm not sure it's a requirement but I've never experienced a bid event without one.

There are 7 or 8 of us, depending on if you count Les (Andre, Omar, Raymond, Jessica, Kristi, Nicole, Robin). I personally don't count Les because he doesn't sit on panels, but fully understand he's the boss. All of us have worked Worlds at least the past 3 seasons, and I think we average about 15 events per season each. We already covered NCA, UCA, Super Nationals & Majors, Palm Springs, ACA, and several others before the group was established. We're also the group that replies to emails sent to [email protected].

Who does choreograph stars routine? I always wondered that. Do Elaine and Joelle do mostly everything? Or other world cup coaches? I know they usually have Jamie Parish do their dance. but who does the routines?

whoever did it this year is amazing! its one of the best choreographed routines ive seen in all my years of cheerleading.
Jamie and the staff of Georgia allstars did it ....
Korey Jernigan
And myself (Lewis McClendon )

But thank you:) so happy everyone loves it !!

I think it will be the same at every event, bid or not, that has a Core person. I know every bid event in Texas has one, that's why I said it that way.

Having a core safety judge was optional this year. I don't think it will be next season.
Thanks for the clarification. We are lucky in Texas to have a Core person at most of our regional events as well. Hopefully, in the years to come this will be standard for all sanctioned events.

Back