All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could just kiss Spirit of Texas. Lately it seems everyone's trying to pull off these crazy jump sequences, with horrible execution, no motions or transitions, and Spirit just does what they've always done and had beautiful jumps, with great motions and transitions leading into and between and after, and never had to sacrifice difficulty score to achieve that.

Legit (if stupid) question: if there aren't set difficulties like in diving what actually makes up a raw score? In my head a raw score would be the highest possible score for a given routine with no deductions and perfect execution. So how could increasing execution raise a raw score?

I've never really understood how the raw score is determined.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Your raw score is basically just what the judges gave you -difficulty, execution, etc. it's your score without the deductions. So its what you could've scored if you had hit perfectly.

Your raw score is basically just what the judges gave you -difficulty, execution, etc. it's your score without the deductions. So its what you could've scored if you had hit perfectly.

Oh ...we ll that was a lot less complicated than I was making it out to be. :)

Smoed's running tumbling is looking FLAWLESS. Such great technique!

I'm also loving the little increases in difficulty. That progress looks fantastic.

I really want them to get a new dance and/or try a new dance choreographer though... I'm sure their dances always score fine, but they never give me life like the rest of their routine.

Concerning the double double:

CSP tweeted this morning that it would have been a deduction of 1.0 and would not have changed placements, just the score of Coed Elite.

Well even if it would have changed placements, i guess it wouldnt have mattered as they only got a warning! So much for all this varsity judges training, especially if they can decide when they want to actually enforce the rules! Like someone else said the rule has only been in place for 2 seasons. So what else was missed or was only warned? Yeah its the cheerlebrities and instagram that will keep cheering from becoming a sport, not judging like this! nahhh What a joke.

I'm a little late on this (about 5 pages behind oops)
but what bothers me most about their routine is how in all of the stunts they do, there is not a single twist up stunt-- no full ups, 1 1/2 ups, nothing. Doesn't this really affect their difficulty score?

The team only had 7 practices. Their goal was to hit a clean routine and earn a bid. The difficulty will get added in later.

Exactly! I wonder if that deduction would have changed the rankings at all? Stingrays should've went back and challenged that if the judges indeed did not give Coed Elite a deduction for that illegal double double.

What WERE large Coed's scores? Anybody know?

Well even if it would have changed placements, i guess it wouldnt have mattered as they only got a warning! So much for all this varsity judges training, especially if they can decide when they want to actually enforce the rules! Like someone else said the rule has only been in place for 2 seasons. So what else was missed or was only warned? Yeah its the cheerlebrities and instagram that will keep cheering from becoming a sport, not judging like this! nahhh What a joke.

Safety judges have nothing to do with Varsity judges training.

Okayyyyyyy.. With some cleaning up and tweeking its gonna be an amazing routine. The bouncebacks better werrrk.. One of my favourite dance so far..

First time on the mat not bad. Plus, we had a flyer get hurt hours before competing so some stuff was off. We're going to clean and amp it up at Cheersport Nationals!

First time on the mat not bad. Plus, we had a flyer get hurt hours before competing so some stuff was off. We're going to clean and amp it up at Cheersport Nationals!
I was sitting in the parent area when that flyer got hurt. My Cp13 is on the JC5 that was practicing on the other mat from SE, my CP15 wasn't there yet, We were worried about her, is she okay? I hated that for you guys, your stunting was great. I really like the pyramid and thought you did very well at the competition given I knew you'd just had an injury.

Back