All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For anyone that is wondering why F5 switched to medium - Look at their tumbling. About 90% of the running AND standing passes ended in a double with flawless technique. They haven't been able to do that in large.

F5 are going to kick booty and I cannot wait to see them do it.

P.S Even though I will never forgive them for changing their dance music from Filthy Gorgeous. I loved that.

Talking about amazing teams across the board... Cali, Stingrays, World Cup and Cheer Athletics all have amazing Level 1-4 teams aside from their great Level 5 teams. Those programs are the ones to look up to. There are lots of programs out there with good Level 5 but horrible Level 1-4 because they aren't the center of attention. Its sad actually

Let me preface this with asking everyone to chill on the "teal army rant" to this reply. It's NOT. I just happen to know those kids and that team and can speak to what was asked.

That said,

I don't think anyone would argue that they have the skills to be competitive in small coed. But it's not all about winning worlds and getting bids. The kids on that team have made massive personal improvements since the beginning of the season, they love each other to death and work as a team to get better. Their goal is to learn new skills and beat themselves from competition to competition. That's what that team is about. Learning, experience, gaining skills etc. I was really proud of them yesterday, they just keep getting better and better.

And all four boys crossover, two to Phoenix and two to Coed Elite but again, their purpose isn't to "sandbag" it's to support and teach and learn themselves by getting more floor time. I mean you can't teach a girl to coed stunt without a guy and they can't learn from each other unless their are some strong ones. The guy with the beautiful tumbling on Phoenix too has never cheered before in his life so he does both teams to learn, get reps and floor time for his own personal growth. If they're in restricted he can't get experience building new passes to doubles (he's never tumbled before either, he was a wakeboarder so everything you see from him is a new skill in the last four months really). And if your goal isn't to win, but to learn and gain lv5 experience, does it matter if you're restricted or not? One of the other guys couldn't even toss hands two months ago (also never cheered before) and he's hitting toss Cupie and his confidence has grown incredibly!

That's a great team that is accomplishing more personal/team goals than probably any other team. I just think you have to keep in perspective that their goals are not necessarily the same as everyone else's and quite legitimately "winning isn't everything" in this context.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Monarchs were great yesterday! Actually, the best I've seen them! I especially love the boys' ending pose...they were so into it at the end, mouthing the words and all! Very cool!
:shimmy:

Talking about amazing teams across the board... Cali, Stingrays, World Cup and Cheer Athletics all have amazing Level 1-4 teams aside from their great Level 5 teams. Those programs are the ones to look up to. There are lots of programs out there with good Level 5 but horrible Level 1-4 because they aren't the center of attention. Its sad actually

There are lots of gyms with great Level 1-4's: ACX, Rockstar, Top Gun... It's not sad. On any given day, someone has to win, and someone has to lose...in all divisions. It doesn't mean that the teams aren't great, it just means that on that particular day, another team was better.

Now, back to videos!

If you have a bigger pool of athletes attracted to your gym because of its famous name then naturally you have better team. The above gyms you listed are among the most well known so will have kids queuing to be on their teams. Other gyms are the country may not be as lucky.

And like @RJsExtremeMom just said - are you saying they aren't "good" because they don't come in first at every competition? Someone has to win and someone has to lose.

For anyone that is wondering why F5 switched to medium - Look at their tumbling. About 90% of the running AND standing passes ended in a double with flawless technique. They haven't been able to do that in large.

F5 are going to kick booty and I cannot wait to see them do it.

P.S Even though I will never forgive them for changing their dance music from Filthy Gorgeous. I loved that.

Ok let's not get ahead of ourselves... I saw maybe 2 girls on that team with technique I'd enjoy watching for more than .2 seconds.

Back