All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pretty sure that team is entirely crossovers. They compete on other teams as well where they can get the banners and jackets etc. I think that's why they love this team, there's no pressure to do that, just to get better for themselves and learn those level 5 skills. And I think their parents are happy about that as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i appreciate your response (and the other one quoting me, but since i went to the library that got shuffled behind 10 more pages of thread.) and i mean that. as an outsider, you can only assume things without knowing who and what the team is made up of. i figured that most of them would be on another (and probably lower level, aside from the boys and a handful of girls) team that would be their "breadwinner."

because the industry has become so focused on worlds as the end all, be all, it is hard to separate senior level 5 team from worlds team since they have become synonymous. while a slightly different viewpoint than my own, i fully understand pushing the kids out of the nest and hoping they find their wings on the way down.. but normally that is what the lower levels/age groups are for. i would push them on Y5/J5/R5 before they get to S5, but to each their own. (boys are a different breed - most don't join cheer until later in life and i fully get putting them on multiple teams or various levels at the same time to get them up to speed.)

what's worse... or better? not sure? is that if they chose to continue going to bid comps, i have no doubt they would get an AL from a competition. i have seen way worse (mostly in person, not this thread or i would comment on them, too) or even prelims at worlds. (and that is not a dig at the kids. more so the "everyone gets a bid!" philosophy.) and again, i did really enjoy their stunting. they were very entertaining! if they've accomplished their goals of the season, then good for them. i hope next season they are where they want to be - and i'm sure this team will help get them there.

p.s. tell that wake boarding boy that he is phenomenal. his tumbling is beautiful and to think he learned that in a few short months baffles my mind.

World Cup/Shooting Stars does a LOT of local comps every season that are in high school gyms like this. Are most comps in the Jersey area like this or is it just a gym preference to go to these comps?

Observation in comparison to the other major gyms across the country.

Back