All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Brandon senior white.
I counted 18 girls, so that probably helps with numbers.

I finally watched this and I think that interestingly enough, under the old CS score sheet, with their layouts, clean stunts, but not great body positions, baskets, and pyramid; their win over SSX would not have caused any controversy. That scoresheet rewarded clean over everything. But, this new Varsity scoresheet is a different animal. I cannot see how their building, jumps, pyramid, tumbling and stunt scores reached the higher ranges to beat SSX. LL and SSX's routines were more closely matched in those regards.

NCA is another Varsity competition. It will be interesting to see the difference in scoring at that competition, IF there is any difference, provided all parties attend and hit their routines. Stay tuned...

with all this being said i still dont think that brandon should have beat ssx.

if you look at their routine from a judges stand point they should not be getting in the high range for standing or running tumbling. to get in the high range for standing you need most of the athletes participating in 2 level appropriate skills, 1 of which is a jump tumbling combo. they have most doing jumps to back but i think they should be in the low of the mid range for standing. i counted 4 kids in their 2 to fulls that do layouts. thats a level 4 skill. and they only have 1 standing to double.

for running you need most of the athletes participating in 1 elite level pass to get in the high range. just straight running fulls dont count as a elite pass. they only do 7 and they need 13. so again they should be in the middle or low end of the mid range.

tosses should not be in the high range either. it looks like only 2 groups do hitch kick doubles. you need sqaud kick kick doubles to max out in the high range. the 3 additional tosses are only hitch kick doubles tosses should be in the low of the mid range also.

they are prob in the high range for stunts and pyramid.

from the looks of it every single person on cheer extreme throws a standing to full or double. they should be at the top of the high range for standing.
i counted 15 specialty running passes. they should be in the high range for running also.

looks like all but 1 toss group does kick kick double. they should be in the high range for tosses.

that's 3 category's that ssx should have outscored brandon by alot. i think ssx technique in everything is better than brandons. unless brandon killed ssx on the performance part (which from the video i thought ssx performed better) i dont see how they beat them if your comparing the routines to a scoresheet.

I don't understand how people always miss the importance of execution. Every time orange used to win with easier routines people would be flabbergasted.

5 High Ride hollow feet together toes pointed kick doubles will score better than squad kick kick doubles a foot above the bases.

1.5 ups that complete with no movement tightly will beet double ups that complete to the side and walk.

A perfect 3 to a double will beat out 5 doubles from the floor.

Squad fulls in a hollow body with a high set and tight formation will beat half squad doubles.

Not sometimes, always. I don't get why BSW and Rays and to Pros get this and so many other teams always forget it. Execution ALWAYS wins.

I seem to remember CEA having two 'Youth Elites' one season (Kville and Raleigh) where they had the same music but different routine (or something along that lines) and one team competed at NCA and the other at BATC?

I don't understand how people always miss the importance of execution. Every time orange used to win with easier routines people would be flabbergasted.

5 High Ride hollow feet together toes pointed kick doubles will score better than squad kick kick doubles a foot above the bases.

1.5 ups that complete with no movement tightly will beet double ups that complete to the side and walk.

A perfect 3 to a double will beat out 5 doubles from the floor.

Squad fulls in a hollow body with a high set and tight formation will beat half squad doubles.

Not sometimes, always. I don't get why BSW and Rays and to Pros get this and so many other teams always forget it. Execution ALWAYS wins.

i completely understand that execution wins. i have been a coach for a very long time. i think that brandon did execute what they had very good but i also think that ssx did as well. They had the difficulty and execution. To me that should score very well. SSX has been one of the most consistent teams ive seen this season. SSX should have beaten brandon in execution and difficulty in my opinion. i wasnt there so i only watched the videos but from what i saw thats what i thought.

i completely understand that execution wins. i have been a coach for a very long time. i think that brandon did execute what they had very good but i also think that ssx did as well. They had the difficulty and execution. To me that should score very well. SSX has been one of the most consistent teams ive seen this season. SSX should have beaten brandon in execution and difficulty in my opinion. i wasnt there so i only watched the videos but from what i saw thats what i thought.

We must not be watching the same videos.
Watching SSX by itself, sure they look clean. But compared to BSW they don't look clean at all.

We must not be watching the same videos.
Watching SSX by itself, sure they look clean. But compared to BSW they don't look clean at all.

i dont know ill have to disagree. bsw was pretty clean. still see alot of bent legs in fulls. legs crossed in tosses. flexed feet in jumps.

They have 2 Youth 5's! Youth Elite Butterflies from Kennersville who have been around for years (6+ at least!) and Youth X Sharkbites from Raleigh who started this year!

Youth Elite Butterflies have been around for at least as long as I have. 13 years......Crazy huh?

Raleigh Youth Elite I think this is their 3rd season!

I saw that and it annoyed me. So I went to her recent posts and did the same.
I Honestly had no idea that I even did tat until I saw all the notiand did the same.[/quote]
@NEliteSteven I honestly didn't even know that I did that until I got all your notifications. I must of hit it on my phone by mistake. There is obviously no way that the video or the comment made by @Jennie could be considered bullying. It was an honest mistake.

I Honestly had no idea that I even did tat until I saw all the notiand did the same.
@NEliteSteven I honestly didn't even know that I did that until I got all your notifications. I must of hit it on my phone by mistake. There is obviously no way that the video or the comment made by @Jennie could be considered bullying. It was an honest mistake.

No problem, thanks for clearing it up :) I wasn't annoyed, just wanted to make sure I hadn't offended you/anybody - never my intention!

Back