All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The agreement that was made to allow them to get a bid at this competition is no longer valid. They have a partial paid already that they received at the end of last season for 2014 Worlds.
Are there different rules for Canadian/international teams when it comes to bids?

Are there different rules for Canadian/international teams when it comes to bids?

You are not allowed to receive a bid outside of your own country. In the case of Pac West/VAS, I BELIEVE an agreement was made to allow VAS to receive a full paid bid at Pac West in exchange for (if I remember correctly) Alaskan teams to be able to receive their bids at a Vancouver competition (as it was closer to them than Oregon). After last season, that agreement has become null, though I couldn't tell you the exact reasoning behind them disallowing this.
ETA: someone from VAS, or directly involved, may be able to tell you a bit better what the situation was that allowed them their bid, but I remember when it happened that was the story I was told.

Saw a picture of Spirit Explosion's X5 from mid-atlantic yesterday. Looks like they used some Fab 5 crossovers to get the paid bid. Seems ridiculous considering they sandbagged to restricted 5 for NCA.

Any explanation?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So my team can't get at a bid at elite ?

I believe only teams from European countries that don't have a bid competition can get one at elite. But to be sure I'd have to re-read the rules.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i dont get why X5 keeps switching divisions, i mean if they are trying to win a bid, do they really need to switch in order to do so.. although im not too familiar with whats going on either

Yes, but they sandbagged to try and win. Doesn't matter if they actually did or not.
njse is a small gym...probably less than 100 athletes...smaller gyms resort to helping out various teams within their own gym. (double teaming). Perfectly understandable in order to compete against the larger gyms. I'm just saying that small gyms have survival skills and njse is one of them! Goooo X5 win that bid this weekend! Do whatever it takes to get that paid bid to florida and compete with the best teams in the world. You guys are such fighters! By the way X5 are probably a restricted team trying to throw in a few doubles to compete large senior at worlds. (I don't even think that division has 10 teams in it) People need to stop saying they dropped to restricted for NCA on purpose.

Back