All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh no I think the dance is amazing don't get me wrong! Definitely super entertaining and it definitely hits the score sheet well its just so "fluffy" and I never really related fluffy with top gun but to each their own!

No I can totally see what you mean now. The uniforms give off a "tough" vibe that might not go along with the tone of the dance. Either way I still love both!

The rule used to be you cant land out of bounds in your tumbling pass, but you can walk out of bounds or start out of bounds. The rule is now you can't start, walk, or land out of bounds . It is a rule just for UCA and worlds.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I just looked at several EP's rules and guidelines from this year and past years from what I could find. They all have similar wording of all skills must originate and land on the performing surface. I 100% found it in UCA's rules all the way back to at least 2010 so that excuse can't be used for this competition as it's not new. I've never heard it stated as you can start out of bounds just can't land, that's never been the case at any competition I've seen/been to, out of bounds is out of bounds.
Anyway, back to the videos.

While I didn't mind the TG unis in stills (just not my taste), I'm finding in videos that they're SUPER distracting- particularly the wording on the boy's pants. Maybe on a less busy background it won't be so jarring, but typically with unis they look better on the floor because the details blend out (like the cheetah print on Cheetahs). The yellow lines on the pants/socks also make things look messy when they aren't. My ADD just zaps my brain from the overload..

I love their dance- but I agree that the uniforms don't match it at ALL.

Stars jumps... They just don't make them look effortless in any way. And jumps are one of the easy parts.
I think it's that extra long pause they take in between everything when they make the connections.
Otherwise though this is probably my favorite Stars routine in...ever.

That tumbler on Lady Pro's is TFTIR

Top Guns uniforms are a "no"
Normally I like the boys over the girls... Though this is usually just the case with the international team, I'm too into watching the uniforms than the actual routine.
Incredibly distracting.
BUT it's not my uniform so who am I to say anything? ;-P

The rule used to be you cant land out of bounds in your tumbling pass, but you can walk out of bounds or start out of bounds. The rule is now you can't start, walk, or land out of bounds . It is a rule just for UCA and worlds.

Not trying to argue but I dont think thats entirely correct. School rules and all star rules may be a bit different but I am nearly positive for all star that you cannot start a pass off the floor (deduction) but if you start on the floor and as long as your pass lands on the floor theres no deduction. Its ok to step on the line or over it but not with both feet, that would be a deduction. Pretty sure they also include the border around the floor as part of the floor. Def not an expert here but it seems like the stepping on the white tape thing has been not as big a deal the last few years.

I don't know of a time in my history of cheer (both HS and allstar, starting in 2006), when you could START anything off the mat. They have been less strict with OOB lately, particularly for level 5 (due to the nature of bounding passes, I guess).

I'm pretty sure that you can't go out of bounds period.
And within the last couple of seasons the red padding around the perimeter of the floor has been included as an extension of the floor. So, to step on that would not cause a deduction whether with one or two feet.
To go completely out of bounds- and sue me if I'm wrong, is a deduction. And it's NOT a new rule.
Or there would be no point of a finite performance surface.....

Also the "floor examples" shown above pertain to entrances and exits.... Tumbling is not an entry or exit of the floor and since all tumbling must originate from and land on the performance surface I doubt that those examples include performance elements as such.
The fact that one would even be tumbling at all means that one has already entered the floor, and started the routine.
Just my opinion, but, hey it's just lil' ole me over here. What do I know?
BUT if that's the case and I can start off the floor for my tumbling pass let me know now because I will take FULL ADVANTAGE the floor is just way too small from that corner... ;)

I just looked at several EP's rules and guidelines from this year and past years from what I could find. They all have similar wording of all skills must originate and land on the performing surface. I 100% found it in UCA's rules all the way back to at least 2010 so that excuse can't be used for this competition as it's not new. I've never heard it stated as you can start out of bounds just can't land, that's never been the case at any competition I've seen/been to, out of bounds is out of bounds.
Anyway, back to the videos.
Well my CP's coach told her the rule stating you can't walk OOB was made 2 months ago...I've been to a lot of comps where athletes landed tumble passes in bounds and then stepped out of bounds and I've never seen it called a deduction..so I'm assuming stepping out of bounds prior to starting a pass is the same..maybe the judges just haven't been penalizing for it and its not new but that's what the team was told..no one's looking for excuses..they got a deduction and now know

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

While I didn't mind the TG unis in stills (just not my taste), I'm finding in videos that they're SUPER distracting- particularly the wording on the boy's pants. Maybe on a less busy background it won't be so jarring, but typically with unis they look better on the floor because the details blend out (like the cheetah print on Cheetahs). The yellow lines on the pants/socks also make things look messy when they aren't. My ADD just zaps my brain from the overload..

I love their dance- but I agree that the uniforms don't match it at ALL.

Agreed, they look gorgeous in all the pictures but it makes them really confusing to watch - I think because when watching we are so used to seeing bare legs on the girls that our eyes are automatically drawn to the boot/sock thingys. And we are used to seeing white shoes so our eyes are drawn to them too. I think I spent half the routine looking at them without realising than the skills :( These ones are more distracting than the 2013 thigh socks because the thigh socks worked SO well with the guys ones.
Like the above poster said though, they obviously aren't scoring them any lower - just distracts a spectator. Makes our brains a lil fuzzy!

Although, I L O V E seeing the flash of yellow on the bottoms of their shoes every time someone tumbled!

Agreed, they look gorgeous in all the pictures but it makes them really confusing to watch - I think because when watching we are so used to seeing bare legs on the girls that our eyes are automatically drawn to the boot/sock thingys. And we are used to seeing white shoes so our eyes are drawn to them too. I think I spent half the routine looking at them without realising than the skills :( These ones are more distracting than the 2013 thigh socks because the thigh socks worked SO well with the guys ones.
Like the above poster said though, they obviously aren't scoring them any lower - just distracts a spectator. Makes our brains a lil fuzzy!

Although, I L O V E seeing the flash of yellow on the bottoms of their shoes every time someone tumbled!
For me, it's the yellow stripes on the socks/pants as well as the large writing. I just think it makes everything look messy, particularly when their legs aren't GLUED together. It looks cool when the girls do cupies or what have you..

Incredibly skilled, but messy.

Back