All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Stars jumps... They just don't make them look effortless in any way. And jumps are one of the easy parts.
I think it's that extra long pause they take in between everything when they make the connections.
Otherwise though this is probably my favorite Stars routine in...ever.
Jumps have been, and always will be, the bane of my cheerleading career. Gravity shifts during jumps, I'm positive, because nothing takes more out of me than jumps.

Jumps have been, and always will be, the bane of my cheerleading career. Gravity shifts during jumps, I'm positive, because nothing takes more out of me than jumps.
I was about to say that a lot of level 5 girls have said jumps is the most exhausting thing in the routine through ask.fm. or twitter, etc.
I feel like things such as tumbling, stunts you at least have some momentum working with you. Jumps I feel like you have gravity working against you. Idk

I was about to say that a lot of level 5 girls have said jumps is the most exhausting thing in the routine through ask.fm. or twitter, etc.
I feel like things such as tumbling, stunts you at least have some momentum working with you. Jumps I feel like you have gravity working against you. Idk
Actually read her response to my kids in the car (making the 9hr drive back from Orlando) because I knew they'd appreciate it and not only did they laugh at the gravity comment but they also both whole-heartedly agreed that jumps are the hardest thing in their routines.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

And it really doesn't help that Stars have their jumps after running tumbling.. I'd be winded

Same for cp. And we have no problem at all when they place her in the back row for jumps. It is just not her forte.

No you're right. Jumps are the hardest part of any routine. It doesn't help doing them right after an 8-10 eight count elite stunt, but I always tell my kids jumps are easy and for that reason there is never any reason they can give me to not do jumps. Haha.
But that doesn't change the fact that given that Stars make their jumps look SO SO labor intensive.
And I guarantee you it's that pause during reach connection. The only time I jumps like that is when I'm on a regular mat or just anything that's not a spring floor and those are some tough jumps to do. So the fact that they look that way.. On what's expected to be a high quality spring floor... To me means that- idk they just make jumps look the way they feel in a routine. Where I don't see many other teams execute that way. That's all I mean.
They make me tired watching them.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back