All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish there was a video of her at a gymnastics meet. I would love to watch it.
I don't think she's competed yet? I haven't seen her on a list for any meets, even on a singular event.

While I'm sure she could make waves, I'm still not sure she could make the team. Who knows? I'm not doubting she's hard-working, I'm just being realistic. Also- she'd probably have to choose if her goal is WAG. If it's power tumbling, I think she could do both much more easily. But trying to do both WAG and cheer would probably also DOUBLE the wear and tear on her body if she continues due to sheer number of hours. If she's 12 now, in 6 years she'd be 18. She'd be heading towards the later end of the typical USA age spectrum, with greater injury potential. Just general thoughts. Even the best Olympians have a hard time at 18.

Gymnastics technique and standards is out of this world

YES.

I received coach training from a gymnastics coach. He was all about the round off back handspring being similar to the foundation of your house. If it's wrong, everything else is.

Couple that with having coached L2 and you start watching some L2 team tumbling and being like JESUS BE A TRIP BACK TO LEVEL 1 TO GET YOUR ROUND OFF'S EVERLASTING LIFE.

You don't have to compete to be considered elite. Elite gymnasts are ones that show a aptitude for the sport and "up train" rather than compete all the time. They may train level 8 but compete half the season level 7 until they break a certain score then move up to 8 while training 9. Kids are selected at a young age and then followed by USAG. Phoebe was picked out at 5 and was placed in a "pre elite" training group. Most of these younger kids train at a level much higher then they are allowed to compete.
Then you have TOPS which is like a kiddie gauntlet. Conditioning before included hanging toe ups, press hand stands, rope climbing, and sprints.
It's a tough life.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

You don't have to compete to be considered elite. Elite gymnasts are ones that show a aptitude for the sport and "up train" rather than compete all the time. They may train level 8 but compete half the season level 7 until they break a certain score then move up to 8 while training 9. Kids are selected at a young age and then followed by USAG. Phoebe was picked out at 5 and was placed in a "pre elite" training group. Most of these younger kids train at a level much higher then they are allowed to compete.
Then you have TOPS which is like a kiddie gauntlet. Conditioning before included hanging toe ups, press hand stands, rope climbing, and sprints.
It's a tough life.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Though you may be correct in some way or another, in gymnastics, if you were to call yourself an "elite" gymnast, you'd be referring to a certain "level" per-say, and not your attitude towards the sport, or your training regiment. "Elite" is an actual category of gymnasts, so it sounds a bit odd to call a gymnast "elite" if you don't mean that they are an elite gymnast (if that makes sense).

Back