All-Star 2013-2014 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am neutral on the matter. However, I will say that if you were talented enough to become "cheer famous" in the first place then you deserve all the attention you get. Even if the talent was simply having abs ^_^

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I wouldn't consider "having abs" a talent, and the fact that there are people out there who do is disgusting.

If your talent is developing great abs you should be an on ab workout tape, not trying to acquire "cheerlebrity."

The generation of cheerleaders who are now aging out (over the past few years, this year and next year) is the generation that produced athletes who brought publicity to and helped grow all star cheerleading by becoming well-known for their talent. While social media has dramatically increased their "fame" (if you can call it that) over the past few years, they originally became well-known because they had exceptional talent and they did it without the help of Twitter and/or Instagram. Many of these kids have been true ambassadors of the sport and wonderful role models for younger athletes. It is sad to see them go and slowly but surely be replaced by self-made "cheerlebs" who are famous for no other reason than the uniform they wear and the amount of times they get onto the popular page.
Ok what he said, you said it a lot better than me lol

If your talent is developing great abs you should be an on ab workout tape, not trying to acquire "cheerlebrity."

The generation of cheerleaders who are now aging out (over the past few years, this year and next year) is the generation that produced athletes who brought publicity to and helped grow all star cheerleading by becoming well-known for their talent. While social media has dramatically increased their "fame" (if you can call it that) over the past few years, they originally became well-known because they had exceptional talent and they did it without the help of Twitter and/or Instagram. Many of these kids have been true ambassadors of the sport and wonderful role models for younger athletes. It is sad to see them go and slowly but surely be replaced by self-made "cheerlebs" who are famous for no other reason than the uniform they wear and the amount of times they get onto the popular page.
They will be missed <3

I wouldn't consider "having abs" a talent, and the fact that there are people out there who do is disgusting.
A lot of people don't see it the same way and to be honest I get swept up in the whole 15 seconds of instafame as well. We can all have our opinions but that's what's happening to our sport. You can hop on the bandwagon or you can stay there and outdate. It doesn't matter. Besides ALOT of people just like these athletes cause they're nice and charismatic too. But that's just my opinion.

A lot of people don't see it the same way and to be honest I get swept up in the whole 15 seconds of instafame as well. We can all have our opinions but that's what's happening to our sport. You can hop on the bandwagon or you can stay there and outdate. It doesn't matter. Besides ALOT of people just like these athletes cause they're nice and charismatic too. But that's just my opinion.

I see it less as "outdating" and more as remaining true to the integrity of the sport. We talk all the time on this board about the respect we want to attain for allstar cheerleading, and in order to do that the athletes who are well-known and thus representatives of the sport should be those with exceptional talent who can show the public why we deserve the respect we so desperately want.

THAT is what Whitney Love, Maddie Gardner, Kelsey Rule, Kiara Nowlin and many more who have recently and will soon age out have done for allstar cheer. They do not beg for online followers nor do they negotiate ways to gain notoriety based on their looks or their association with a gym. If you show an outsider a video of Kelsey's last tumbling pass at Worlds this year, they'll be impressed and probably have a better understanding of what allstar cheer is about. If you show them a picture of Susie Point Flyer's sparkly sports bra and six pack, they will laugh and continue to agree with the stereotypes we continually try to erase.

So jump on the bandwagon if you so desire, but understand that said "bandwagon" is creating a culture that is detrimental to the development and growth of all star cheerleading.

But what is the point in a certain person making great teams because of Instagram followers and not so much in talent? What does that teach the little kids in this sport? Become a popular cool kid and you'll be rewarded? Instead of working your butt off to make the team you want because of your dedication and talent. I think the latter installs a little more work ethic.

tumblr_m71hsohYy91qj0kdu.gif

Back