All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you're taking what he said too literally. I don't necessarily agree with him (in terms of him referring to SE's performance..)but I don't he means how they acted on social media and actually being "cocky"
Social media or on the mat, they weren't being cocky in any kind of way. How can you be "cocky" and act like you know you're going to win when you're in 3rd after day 1 and you're competing day 2 and you don't know if you're going to hit? That makes no sense. Last year is over.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Social media or on the mat, they weren't being cocky in any kind of way. How can you be "cocky" and act like you know you're going to win when you're in 3rd after day 1 and you're competing day 2 and you don't know if you're going to hit? That makes no sense. Last year is over.

You will learn something: In Large Senior, it's NEVER over. There are still some people who are bitter about F5 in '09 and SE in '11. Or Panthers every year they haven't won (that would be me...) It happens.

Yeah okay sure. Point being he wasn't speaking in terms of social media. He was speaking in terms of the vibe he personally received during their performance.

You will learn something: In Large Senior, it's NEVER over. There are still some people who are bitter about F5 in '09 and SE in '11. Or Panthers every year they haven't won (that would be me...) It happens.
This is definitely me... I'm trying my hardest to bite my tongue through this whole dispute.

In my opinion there's one major difference between Stars and Senior Elite in terms of performance, and I'm basing this off of Worlds day 2. Stars looked hungry, they looked passionate, and they looked like one unit of 36 ladies out there with something to prove. They looked humble, but determined. Senior Elite felt... Cocky. Like they knew they were number 1, they felt nothing could touch them, and that they were out there as a treat to the cheerleading community. Afterall, they WOULD win, but why not show everyone the routine anyway? (trying to make that not come off as a bad thing). It just seemed like a different mindset. Stars' passion came through in their almost desperate hunger, Senior Elite's passion came through in cockiness, and in cheerleading, I wouldn't say either is better than the other, but in that moment I think Stars just kinda came off like they put a little more into the performance of the routine itself, and that they were honoured to be on that floor wearing gold, rather than just executing the skills well. If that makes sense?

How did they look cocky when they were in 3rd by like 20 points after day 1?

You guys need to go start your own thread thats called "Stars and Panthers are better than Senior Elite" and leave the rest of us alone.

I'm just super impressed that so many people know about the exact attitudes/feelings/mindsets of cheerleaders they are watching from the stands or on a live stream.

People: each team is different. Their styles are different. Their strengths and weaknesses are different. They are even made up of actual teenage human beings who sometimes post things on social media that they maybe should not. But by the time we get to competition season, especially Worlds, I think it's safe to say that every one of them is putting it all out on the mat.

Yeah okay sure. Point being he wasn't speaking in terms of social media. He was speaking in terms of the vibe he personally received during their performance.
I know he wasn't talking about social media.. I never said he was, I used that as an example. But still makes no sense whatsoever.

F5

Panthers.

Senior Elite.

World Cup.

I hope everyone who wants to see cheer flourish as a sport will judge teams by things that are the most objective in a routine. Things like athleticism, stamina, strength, timing, synchronization, technique, landings, flexibility, competence, perfection of routine, difficulty of skills. Subjective things such as passion, hunger, humility, determination and yes showmanship are subject to the bias of the observer by definition and need to be a part of the formula but not the determining factor. I look at those routines and I see different styles, but on the things that can be compared who hit the landings, whose timing in stunts were best, who had the best flexibility, who had their chests up, whose jumps and skills were most synchronized and done with strength, whose double downs were timed the best, who had their legs together, who had the best spacing, who hit the skills solidly without travel, who competed the best skills in total with the best technique? We pay the judges to make the decision and they are the best in the world the USASF can find in this most scrutinized division. They spoke.

BTW, to my friends at CEA. Great day and congratulations. Looks like an exciting year for you all.

I've watched the routine from other angles and it's growing on me, and who knows it could end up being one of my favorites by the time we've seen everyone else's routines. I'm just going to keep an open mind, because there are things I really like about the routine and team in general.

Still bitter about F5 in '09? Well that'd be…ME! I coached them that year and they were the talk of the all star cheerleading. We won every single competition (12 out of 14) except NCA and Worlds. We even beat the World Champions the weekend before Worlds with a perfect routine! Ughhhhh you busted open an old wound and now I might need stitches LMAO! :mad::D:rolleyes:

Ok now back to our regularly schedule topic…The CEA Showcase! HAHA :p

Back