All-Star 2013 Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Every coaches room I've seen has never really been 'locked in' a couple weekends ago at Athletic you could see right in! I'll tell you for a fact that that weekend I barely ate more than a couple pieces of candy from athletes for roughly 11 or 12 hours. I was in the coaches room for roughly 15 minutes to sit and actually discuss scores without a crowd of youth parents breathing down our necks. You know, those parents who will find you no matter where you go in a convention center? :mad: (Sorry about the minor rant towards the end haha)
Yeah I coached Juniors and Youth... group chat became my best friend. I told parents if they really needed something to group chat it and the question usually got answered by another parent, therefore keeping me sane and out of their 20 issues! I guess the room depends on the venue too and where they can put it. I really didn't mean to sound like they were some god awful creation, I just didn't really enjoy them when I was coaching.

I mean, I've worn low heels when I coached volleyball, but that was senior night and I didn't need to do anything :p

I can barely walk in heels for 3 hrs. I don't get how you're supposed to run around in them for 12 hours. Not saying coaches must look frumpy or they're a terrible person (there's nothing wrong with looking adorable- CSP always looks GORG. I'm jealous), but my bad feet should stay as firmly attached to the ground as the situation allows.

See I am most comfortable in our warm-up or black running pants and a tshirt with tennis shoes. My feet do not do well for 3 hrs in heels. Did that one time and said screw this. Made hubby go buy me flip-flops at Old Navy.

I absolutely can not stand EP's that do not keep up their websites. If you're going to have a link to schedules then post them. If you say you're going to have them up at a certain time, then put it up. <<staring at you WSF Encore>>
This also goes for gyms too. If you're going to make a website then keep it up.

Also, EP's if you're going to have a link for photos from competition then use it. Don't post it on a whole other website.

The new trend where EP's advertise the heck out of their fabulous prizes, and when you win they say "we will send them to you". Still waiting on one from almost a year ago and one from three weeks ago. It kind of takes part of the fun and excitement away from winning when you get an I.O.U instead of the actual prize.

my biggest pet peeve which has been happening for a year but seems excessive this year, is when twitters/instagrams/facebooks post a picture and put their name on it. if you took the picture, thats 100% your right and that makes sense! if you didnt take the picture, what makes that pictures yours? i find cheer updates is very good for not doing that. other twitters, not so much.

The new trend where EP's advertise the heck out of their fabulous prizes, and when you win they say "we will send them to you". Still waiting on one from almost a year ago and one from three weeks ago. It kind of takes part of the fun and excitement away from winning when you get an I.O.U instead of the actual prize.
I'm still waiting on a long sleeve from 2010... I'm sure I will get it soon;)

Belly button rings and uniforms together. I can't stand it. A cropped uni is not an opportunity to show off your new belly button ring. I think it looks so unprofessional. It's a cheer comp, not a day at the mall with your friends. Take it out!
and there's no way that's not dangerous!

Lets steer it back to routines and less about events etc..

I dont like when some athletes pre step the whole length of a mat.. and then do their skill all the way in the back of the routine.. if you have to pre step THAT much - your probably not confident enough to do the skill lol

They are not only blocking the view - i don´t even get it. There are small cameras making videos with much higher quality you can put on your Ipad to show everyone.

And this is another pet peeve, not 2013, but from the first competition i went to, but still annoying:
Please, parents, fans, everyone: Can you wait till the team on the mat is finished with their routine to go and get you another beer, hot dog or go to the rest room? It´s 2:30, come on - i get that 3 year olds CAN`T wait, but aduldts? :mad:
Wait, what? Beer? Apparently were not going to the right competitions! ;)

one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone is videotaping a performance and they keep on zooming in on one particular person.. drives me crazy because then you cant see the rest of the team :banghead:

Back