All-Star 2014-2015 International Open Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 23, 2014
College and all star tryouts will be here before we know it! Please post international coed and all girl teams that will be forming this coming season or have already been active. List them with the Gym name and location. Also list how the tuition and costs will be handled for the athletes on the teams! If there are any nearby universities or colleges with decent cheerleading programs feel free to list those as well! Thank you so much!

Last edited:
ICE Allstars will have an IOC5 in the 14/15 season!
Location - Aurora IL

Northern Illinois Uni is 35 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad, sideline and competes at NCA college nationals in Daytona.
Illinois State is 45 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad. Mostly sideline, only rarely compete.
U Of Illinois is 45 minutes away - Coed squad, unsure if only sideline/competition.
U Of Chicago is 45 minutes away - couldn't see anything about a squad, anyone know?
Northwestern University is 50 minutes away - All Girl, sideline only

ICE is $329 per month, May and April are $165 and $428 for uniform. Sometimes the fees/uniforms costs are different for International teams but no info has been posted for them yet!

Last edited:
ICE Allstars will have an IOC5 in the 14/15 season!
Location - Aurora IL

Northern Illinois Uni is 35 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad, sideline and competes at NCA college nationals in Daytona.
Illinois State is 45 minutes away - All Girl and Coed squad. Mostly sideline, only rarely compete.
U Of Illinois is 45 minutes away - Coed squad, unsure if only sideline/competition.
U Of Chicago is 45 minutes away - couldn't see anything about a squad, anyone know?
Northwestern University is 50 minutes away - All Girl, sideline only

These times were clearly not clocked by someone who has ever actually driven from the city to Aurora - unless it was on a Sunday morning. Just food for thought for anyone planning on school in the city and trying to do an open team - Aurora is a haul from here. We consider it Iowa. :D (and we consider UA's home in Wauconda, IL as Wisconsin)

As for university of Chicago, I'm pretty sure they're sideline only as well. Their focus is definitely academics not sports.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

These times were clearly not clocked by someone who has ever actually driven from the city to Aurora - unless it was on a Sunday morning. Just food for thought for anyone planning on school in the city and trying to do an open team - Aurora is a haul from here. We consider it Iowa. :D (and we consider UA's home in Wauconda, IL as Wisconsin)

As for university of Chicago, I'm pretty sure they're sideline only as well. Their focus is definitely academics not sports.

Took the times straight from Google maps, obviously they don't take into account traffic!
So UA would be closer to the Universities listed above? They have an IOC5 called Sovereignty if I'm correct?

Took the times straight from Google maps, obviously they don't take into account traffic!
So UA would be closer to the Universities listed above? They have an IOC5 called Sovereignty if I'm correct?

LOL yeah I figured it was from Google. They claim to do "real time" estimates with traffic, but they're usually wrong here.

I'm not sure about UA either (but Yes their open team is Sovereignty). I only know where northwestern, uic, and u of c are because they're in the city. Not 100% sure on the other schools. Both UA and ICE are reeeeally long drives from the city.

CIA has an open team and they're a lot closer to the city and the Metra goes there - no car necessary and no traffic!

I think some of those other schools are outside the city though. It'd be easier to find an open team then. In addition to the 3 already mentioned, Five Star has one and so does Layton (although since they've merged with ICE maybe that's the same team?).

There are quite a few up here, so maybe Illinois is a good state to go to college if you're also looking to cheer!

LOL yeah I figured it was from Google. They claim to do "real time" estimates with traffic, but they're usually wrong here.

I'm not sure about UA either (but Yes their open team is Sovereignty). I only know where northwestern, uic, and u of c are because they're in the city. Not 100% sure on the other schools. Both UA and ICE are reeeeally long drives from the city.

CIA has an open team and they're a lot closer to the city and the Metra goes there - no car necessary and no traffic!

I think some of those other schools are outside the city though. It'd be easier to find an open team then. In addition to the 3 already mentioned, Five Star has one and so does Layton (although since they've merged with ICE maybe that's the same team?).

There are quite a few up here, so maybe Illinois is a good state to go to college if you're also looking to cheer!

The IOC5 team for ICE was announced before they announced the merjer with Layton so they might have 2? Not exactly sure.

Anyone got any info for Massachusetts? :)

ECE has an IOC5 team (It could be IAG, not 100% sure) in Tewkesbury.
Boston University is 30 minutes away (according to googlemaps, but as justamom said they aren't always 100% accurate. Its 25 miles). They have an AG squad that cheers sideline, and competes regionally and then ends the season at NCA nats in Daytona.

Northeastern University is also 30 minutes/25 miles. They have a coed squad that side line cheers and a separate team that competes competitively, finishing at NCA Daytona.

Brandeis University, 30 minutes/25 miles. Small all girl squad that is mostly sideline based. Sometimes compete.

Last edited:

Illinois might just be where i end up going!!! haha

Does anyone know how far away Cheer Command is from the city? I remember seeing them at CSG and they had a pretty exciting I5 team to watch.

Do you mean University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC)? They're in my school's conference so we see them sometimes at basketball tournaments. They're coed, pretty sure they don't compete.

Do you mean University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC)? They're in my school's conference so we see them sometimes at basketball tournaments. They're coed, pretty sure they don't compete.

Not 1oo% clued up on which Uni is which but its the University of Chicago website I was on.

Does anyone know how far away Cheer Command is from the city? I remember seeing them at CSG and they had a pretty exciting I5 team to watch.

Probably about the same as driving to ice, but just in a different direction. Cheer Command may be a little closer, unless you're coming from the north side.

Back