All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the summit pretty much no rules are in place for crossovers, numbers or sandbagging. You can qualify with a lg team of 22 and bring a large team of 32 to summit. Unlike worlds where if u qualify with 20 u can only bring 20 and no crossovers. A sm sr 5 team who goes to worlds can go as any sr team(s) to summit. In fact some comps in April if u qualify for Summit this year u can go next year instead. (At least this happened last year) I have always said that instead of worrying about uggs not being worn how about only being able to cross over one level up or down.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
There is a limit though on the number of athletes that can compete at Worlds and Summit. Only 5 athletes per team, so an entire sr 5 team would not be able to compete at Summit together, but they could on different teams. There should be way more limits, but this is a start.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Fierce Board mobile app

There is a limit though on the number of athletes that can compete at Worlds and Summit. Only 5 athletes per team, so an entire sr 5 team would not be able to compete at Summit together, but they could on different teams. There should be way more limits, but this is a start.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Fierce Board mobile app
I thought that was never "officially" passed for this year?

By watching the video I will admit I'm a little disappointed as their decision. The ONLY sections of that routine that I felt wouldn't be highly competitive was their running tumbling (didn't see ANY specialty passes that didn't involve hand support), and their jumps were a little low for a level 4 team. But their stunts, standing tumbling, pyramid and baskets all seemed very competitive for this level. Would that team WIN NCA? Very doubtful. But they would be competitive with that routine.

My J4 team has worked crazy hard this year. Won NCA last year and they are going for a repeat this year. Their division this year is STACKED and they could win or they could end up 5th or 6th place. I'm not going to drop their level just because they may not win. That's part of the journey.

By watching the video I will admit I'm a little disappointed as their decision. The ONLY sections of that routine that I felt wouldn't be highly competitive was their running tumbling (didn't see ANY specialty passes that didn't involve hand support), and their jumps were a little low for a level 4 team. But their stunts, standing tumbling, pyramid and baskets all seemed very competitive for this level. Would that team WIN NCA? Very doubtful. But they would be competitive with that routine.

My J4 team has worked crazy hard this year. Won NCA last year and they are going for a repeat this year. Their division this year is STACKED and they could win or they could end up 5th or 6th place. I'm not going to drop their level just because they may not win. That's part of the journey.

Very well said! It is about the journey at this age and level. Read Justin Carrier's I hope you lose statement, which is amazing! My oldest daughter is also J4, and there is a team that dropped from J5 to compete in her division. Her little 9 year old response... Oh well when I win an NCA jacket it will be because I am the best, not because I moved down a level. She went on to elaborate and made really good sense, that her team has been perfecting for months, and this team will be making changes etc, which is very true, I wonder how all of this with dropping levels will play out for the teams involved.

Very well said! It is about the journey at this age and level. Read Justin Carrier's I hope you lose statement, which is amazing! My oldest daughter is also J4, and there is a team that dropped from J5 to compete in her division. Her little 9 year old response... Oh well when I win an NCA jacket it will be because I am the best, not because I moved down a level. She went on to elaborate and made really good sense, that her team has been perfecting for months, and this team will be making changes etc, which is very true, I wonder how all of this with dropping levels will play out for the teams involved.

We need to revisit this next week and see...could be interesting post-competition conversation :)

wow, i love when people can give very informative feedback about a teams routine with out crossing the line. The fact you pointed out possitives is great. I wish everyone would critique like you :) good luck to your teams this weekend.

wow, i love when people can give very informative feedback about a teams routine with out crossing the line. The fact you pointed out possitives is great. I wish everyone would critique like you :) good luck to your teams this weekend.

Why thank you! :) I always try to be fair...doesn't always happen, lol, as I am very passionate about this sport and want ever so badly for things to be "fair"...

Someone is packed and ready to go!!

rcn034.jpg

You know what happens when u assume. One may never know why they went to level 3. Maybe there were athlete changes or maybe they saw the depth of the level and felt they were nowhere up to par. Maybe the team lacked confidence. One never knows the mechanics or dynamics of the team unless you are there. So please reserve judgement. These are kids doing the best that they can.

A couple years ago there was a significant issue relative to sandbagging that resulted in the devastation of one hard working and very deserving team of athletes. The matter became quite public and really looked badly upon the offending gym. Technically speaking the rules weren't broken and the team took home their ill gotten gains. Soon thereafter NCA implemented a rule change to prevent future occurrence of a similar offense. It seems that every year a similar process occurs. The pompous offenders, the devastation of the honest, the public outcry of injustice, and the rule change. I feel for every individual that has been forced to suffer unjustifiable defeat in the name of competition. You're right it's not fair, and you may have deserved continuesWith each offense the

Darn phone!

What I didn't get to finish with is this. Every time a loophole in a rule is exposed and exploited at NCA, it's extinguished to prevent future offense. And I commend NCA for always working towards maintaining their integrity and doing their best to run an honest competition. I feel this is one area their efforts are under recognized. So, KUDOS to NCA for keeping it real (as real as they can anyway).

Back