All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This might have been answered already but I cannot find it and I'm going nuts- what in the world does the *TC* next to some teams mean? Someone said triple crown, but then that just makes me ask the question of what triple crown is if that was legit...

This might have been answered already but I cannot find it and I'm going nuts- what in the world does the *TC* next to some teams mean? Someone said triple crown, but then that just makes me ask the question of what triple crown is if that was legit...
Yes, it is Triple Crown. Which is winning Cheersport, NCA, and UCA in the same year.

A couple years ago there was a significant issue relative to sandbagging that resulted in the devastation of one hard working and very deserving team of athletes. The matter became quite public and really looked badly upon the offending gym. Technically speaking the rules weren't broken and the team took home their ill gotten gains. Soon thereafter NCA implemented a rule change to prevent future occurrence of a similar offense. It seems that every year a similar process occurs. The pompous offenders, the devastation of the honest, the public outcry of injustice, and the rule change. I feel for every individual that has been forced to suffer unjustifiable defeat in the name of competition. You're right it's not fair, and you may have deserved continuesWith each offense the

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I thought that was never "officially" passed for this year?

Unfortunately though you can have Worlds athletes crossover to any level. A Worlds athlete crossing over to a Level 1,2,3 or 4 team just seems wrong. Then, to have five of them able to cross over per team seems outrageous. Again, not illegal just unethical. When you can show up to Summit with a totally different team than the team that won the bid initially, you know there will be stacking.

Well as FYI last weekend Starburst did compete as J3 and were beaten by NJSE Small J3. And apparently since they finished 6th in large J3 -A at NCA this is probably a moot point now.

Not if the plan was to drop levels only for NCA and go back to L4 after. Shady Shay all the way, Idc what place you get.

Not if the plan was to drop levels only for NCA and go back to L4 after. Shady Shay all the way, Idc what place you get.
I completely understand your point. In my opinion, WC didn't do those athletes any favors in this situation and now according to what's been said they go back up to J4 to compete.

Last edited:
WC Starburst who dropped from LJ4to LJ3 ended up in 6th.
And NJSE X5 who dropped from LAG5 to R5 ended up in 3rd.

you all know i am 200% biased for world cup (but i kind of would love for them to give a little insight) but at the same time, i kinda get it. traditionally, WC sends levels 4 and up to NCA. so sometime in the summer, i'm sure, they registered all of the teams that they were planning on sending. the season progressed and they weren't making the strides that they had hoped so they dropped. i am not sure what they are doing after NCA (they aren't on the UCA schedule as of today, so they could be done with the season for all i know) i do know that all of WC's true level 3 teams will be attending the summit and they're awesome. i think that's the part that gets me. They don't normally send 3's but since they were competing in that division anyway, had they sent supersonics, they probably would have been much more successful. if they stay level 3 i am not bothered... if they go back up to 4 i, too, will give them the side eye.

i wish that worlds/summit bids could be revoked for teams competing in lower divisions for nationals yet still attending worlds or the summit in the higher division. (but a loophole would be to say the entire team crosses over to the lower team) one day i hope there is a system for this. a girl can dream i guess...

Back