All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but rather want to understand the logic in this decision. Your level 3 performed poorly at NCA last year so this year your level 3 isn't attending NCA. Instead your level 4 team will be attending NCA , dropping a level and competing against the level 3 teams. And after NCA they will return to level 4 to compete ? Maybe it's just me but this seems wrong. Not illegal, but wrong.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Agree 100%.

I think that was a new rule in the fall that they were trying to get passed and it never went thru officially.

Assuming this was a rule currently in place, are there any restrictions regarding the level(s) a World's athlete can cross over to ? I mean, could they cross over to a level 3 team ? Or, could they cross over to multiple teams ? Just curious how that's handled ?

Sorry if my words seemed accusatorial in any way. My questions were indeed rhetorical and intended to be more thought provoking than anything else. World Cup is better than this. Is the win just as sweet even if you bent the rules ? And what does that teach the athletes ? Is it worth putting a gym's reputation on the line ? Or, maybe their reputation won't take a hit at all. I don't know. I feel bad for any teams negatively affected by this decision.

My cp is in this division. It is a very tough division! They will have to be on their "A" game.

I've had a long day and could totally be reading your post wrong, if so I apologize. But my understanding is that only 5 athletes per team at the Summit are allowed to have competed at Worlds. So in this case if an entire team competed at Worlds, only 5 of them would then be allowed to compete on that R5 team at the Summit, but the rest could be anybody as there are no rules about alternates. Unless I don't understand that rule correctly. I think the number should be 0 per team, but that's a whole different argument.
I hope that you're right, and my assumption is incorrect.

Sorry if my words seemed accusatorial in any way. My questions were indeed rhetorical and intended to be more thought provoking than anything else. World Cup is better than this. Is the win just as sweet even if you bent the rules ? And what does that teach the athletes ? Is it worth putting a gym's reputation on the line ? Or, maybe their reputation won't take a hit at all. I don't know. I feel bad for any teams negatively affected by this decision.

You're right. World Cup is much better than that. I think you have a misunderstanding. What the team is doing is not sandbagging. They were not successful at level 4 this season. The coaches recognized this and have now decided to compete in a division better suited for the team. There won't be any teams negatively affected, J3 is a deep division and I'm sure there's crossovers from level 5 teams from other gyms. I wish everyone in this division the best of luck.

You're right. World Cup is much better than that. I think you have a misunderstanding. What the team is doing is not sandbagging. They were not successful at level 4 this season. The coaches recognized this and have now decided to compete in a division better suited for the team. There won't be any teams negatively affected, J3 is a deep division and I'm sure there's crossovers from level 5 teams from other gyms. I wish everyone in this division the best of luck.

No one will be crossing over from level 5 at NCA so that wouldn't necessarily hold true here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following NCA is this team planning to compete as a
level 3 team for the remainder of the season ? If so, you have a valid point and sandbagging is not really an issue. If however, this team returns to competing as a level 4 team following NCA, then their motives are suspect. That's all. I have nothing against this team or World Cup. I'm merely stating my opinion based on the few facts I know.

Following NCA is this team planning to compete as a
level 3 team for the remainder of the season ? If so, you have a valid point and sandbagging is not really an issue. If however, this team returns to competing as a level 4 team following NCA, then their motives are suspect. That's all. I have nothing against this team or World Cup. I'm merely stating my opinion based on the few facts I know.

I know neither of these are your teams, and I feel bad that you have somehow become the unofficial WC spokeperson on the boards regarding this issue, but....what about the already existing WC Jr3? Will they be competing head to head the rest of the season? It just seems like either way, WC has set itself up for a potentially bad situation after NCA.

I think that was a new rule in the fall that they were trying to get passed and it never went thru officially.

I don't know for certain, but as of yesterday, it was still listed on the site still for coaches, athletes, and parents, so I tend to believe it is correct. I certainly hope so for those teams competing at Summit!

Per the Summit website: "
Are crossovers allowed between Cheerleading Worlds and The Summit?
The MAXIMUM number of individuals allowed to crossover from the 2014 Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit will be 5 athletes per team
You know I was just thinking about this new rule... Shouldn't it differentiate between the squad size and maybe a small squad can only crossover 3 and large squad a maximum of 5... Right now, it is an advantage for a small squad to crossover 5 athletes compare to a large squad. If you do the math, if a small squad is able to crossover 5 athletes that is at least 25% of the squad compare to a large squad of 36 athletes, which is only 14%.

Latest posts

Back