College 2014 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought you weren't supposed to do a cheer in an NCA collegiate routine...?

In prelims you do a 45 second cheer - no major skills. Basically preps and signs and poms. But that happens before you do your routine. You don't do it during challenge cup or finals.

I always kind of liked it because it got you out in front of the crowd in a low pressure skill environment for 45 seconds before you had to start your routine.

I am confused about Challenge Cup?? How many make it to finals per division? One? More than one? Tried to read rule book, but :confused:

The top half of teams make finals. The bottom half competes in challenge cup. The winner of challenge cup gets to go to finals.

I am confused about Challenge Cup?? How many make it to finals per division? One? More than one? Tried to read rule book, but :confused:
Unless anything has changed this year, only the winner of the Challenge Cup makes it to finals.

In prelims you do a 45 second cheer - no major skills. Basically preps and signs and poms. But that happens before you do your routine. You don't do it during challenge cup or finals.

I always kind of liked it because it got you out in front of the crowd in a low pressure skill environment for 45 seconds before you had to start your routine.

The top half of teams make finals. The bottom half competes in challenge cup. The winner of challenge cup gets to go to finals.

Thanks for explaining that! :)

He was at our coaching conference last week, he is amazing! Gave all of us so much advice and taught some awesome classes.
That's awesome! I love the fact that his wife is also a cheer coach, and his daughter cheers too! She is so cute.

Pokes = Cowpokes.

Definition:

cowpoke - a hired hand who tends cattle and performs other duties on horseback
Other related terms: cowboy, cowhand, cowherd, cowman, cowpuncher, puncher, cattleman

All Girl 1A teams advancing to finals:
6 UTSA,
5 Clemson,
4 U of South Carolina,
3 U of Maryland,
2 Louisville,
1 Oklahoma State

Cheer Div 1A teams advancing to finals:
5 Costa Rica,
4 NC state,
3 Texas Tech,
2 Oklahoma State,
1 Univ of Louisville

So glad Clemson is finally trying to get there program back together.

However I won't be happy if Carolina doesn't win the Challenge Cup

So glad Clemson is finally trying to get there program back together.

However I won't be happy if Carolina doesn't win the Challenge Cup
Agreed on both accounts. South Carolina has the highest raw score of the Challenge Cup teams by almost a point and a half, so just don't be tragic again and they can hopefully win it and move on.

OSU small coed looked great! Navarro looked amazing as usual but for me for some reason it was missing that extra something they always seem to have. Not that they weren't great but just seemed like something was missing to make them shine extra. Louisville small coed also put on a good show from the video posted earlier. Can't wait for more videos to be posted!

Agreed on both accounts. South Carolina has the highest raw score of the Challenge Cup teams by almost a point and a half, so just don't be tragic again and they can hopefully win it and move on.

I'm deeply fascinated at how the Clemson flyer managed to make a back tuck basket toss travel forward. Not just a little bit forward...but a lot forward.

I'm glad they made finals....but they probably could have used one more year of intermediate to continue to build the program.

I'm also afraid to look at the rest of the division....that didn't qualify

DIII scores if anyone is interested. I missed SUNY Cortland.

Yayy Bridgewater! Our IO6 team is made up mostly of this team, so excited for them!

BSU 92.78
Montclair 91.88
Elmira 85.70
Endicott 84.85
Framingham 84.35
Stevensen 83.63
Widener 82.70
Eastern CT 81.33
Buffalo State 81.03
Curry 80.13
NYU 73.75
Ithaca 62.40
Suny Cortland

What was the deduction for?
It was a safety deduction. They didn't see a spotter behind a pyramid. Coach's wife was saying it was because one of the preps in the pyramid didn't have a backspot, but that didn't make sense.

Back