College 2014 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No, this year, all teams wear white at Nationals. Then when the teams are 'split' into all-girl, small coed, and large coed to cheer games, oftentimes the teams separate into different colors, sometimes to accommodate the numbers of cheerleaders and the number of required uniforms for football games, but for the most part, the teams will attempt to cheer in the uniforms they used the Spring before at Nationals with certain exceptions: cheering at blackouts, whiteouts, redouts then they wear that color uniforms. But they rotate colors every year for Nationals, i.e. this year white, last year black, next year red, etc.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Kentucky, on the other hand, always wears white for the Nationals.

Does everyone from Cheer 1A make finals or did I make that up?

@ECMagazine is tweeting too, including scores and pictures

Does everyone from Cheer 1A make finals or did I make that up?

@ECMagazine is tweeting too, including scores and pictures

...Back in my day all of the Coed IA teams made finals....but not all girl.

I know this because we got second to last in all girl IA and it was the first year of the challenge cup...and we remained second to last..... Go Eagles.

But now that I think about it. It was just All Girl I (against Louisville/USC/UofMaryland etc...) so maybe All girl IA does go straight on through? Did they rename the division or make another division?

I know this because we got second to last in all girl IA and it was the first year of the challenge cup...and we remained second to last..... Go Eagles.

But now that I think about it. It was just All Girl I (against Louisville/USC/UofMaryland etc...) so maybe All girl IA does go straight on through? Did they rename the division or make another division?

They split all girl into two divisions (1 and 1A) a year or two ago like coed. I competed coed once in D1 (not 1A) and only half made it to finals in that division. Maybe it's just coed 1A.

Last edited:

Scrolling through the PDF there are 4 spots for Coed 1A in the Challenge Cup so I guess 3 will get cut. I swear they have gone through every other year though. 5 Challenge Cup spots for All Girl 1A, so 4 will not make it.

Yall double check and make sure I'm right. All the divisions confuse me
http://nca.varsity.com/pdfs/cn_po.pdf

Scrolling through the PDF there are 4 spots for Coed 1A in the Challenge Cup so I guess 3 will get cut. I swear they have gone through every other year though. 5 Challenge Cup spots for All Girl 1A, so 4 will not make it.

Probably just depends on whether or not they have enough teams to make a decent TV broadcast with :p

4 in finals is probably the minimum they would do?

I can't read Varsity pdfs. It is too much work. I don't read Cheersport either. My eyes can't deal

They split all girl into two divisions (1 and 1A) a year or two ago like coed. I competed coed once in D1 (not 1A) and only half made it to finals in that division. Maybe it's just coed 1A.

Sounds about right.

Pretty sure if there were two divisions in 2005, we still would have been second to last.....actually last...since we beat UofFl club team.

It was also the first year of intermediate. Because I remember pulling up and getting off the bus and saying "So why exactly didn't we do intermediate"? (because we'd parked next to OSU practicing)

And everyone was like "Gah Erin you're so negative"

and after we got second to last I was like "So why didn't we do intermediate?....."

I can't read Varsity pdfs. It is too much work. I don't read Cheersport either. My eyes can't deal

Sounds about right.

Pretty sure if there were two divisions in 2005, we still would have been second to last.....actually last...since we beat UofFl club team.

It was also the first year of intermediate. Because I remember pulling up and getting off the bus and saying "So why exactly didn't we do intermediate"? (because we'd parked next to OSU practicing)

And everyone was like "Gah Erin you're so negative"

and after we got second to last I was like "So why didn't we do intermediate?....."

I vaguely remember UofFl a few years later (2006? 2007?) just completely bombing, pyramids falling all over the place to the point that everyone in the audience was cheering them on just to finish their routine.

I cheered all girl after my first year and we almost always were at the bottom of the list that made finals. Our football team moved up to 1A right around the time they split the divisions, so now I'm pretty sure they have no chance of making finals (4SF today def didn't help).

I vaguely remember UofFl a few years later (2006? 2007?) just completely bombing, pyramids falling all over the place to the point that everyone in the audience was cheering them on just to finish their routine.

I cheered all girl after my first year and we almost always were at the bottom of the list that made finals. Our football team moved up to 1A right around the time they split the divisions, so now I'm pretty sure they have no chance of making finals (4SF today def didn't help).

I'm pretty sure we "hit" that year...except for me. I was last pass and I busted a tuck the first day......like why was I last pass throwing a tuck...but thats neither here nor there.

I just remembering opening my eyes and seeing the blue carpet (because I tumble with my eyes closed) and thinking "Yay...alive still...let me just lay for a minute"

We were just not good.

They don't compete anymore. That was also the only year my school went to NCA

I'm pretty sure we "hit" that year...except for me. I was last pass and I busted a tuck the first day......like why was I last pass throwing a tuck...but thats neither here nor there.

I just remembering opening my eyes and seeing the blue carpet (because I tumble with my eyes closed) and thinking "Yay...alive still...let me just lay for a minute"

We were just not good.

They don't compete anymore. That was also the only year my school went to NCA

We got a deduction 1 year in our 45 second for doing extensions. I'm pretty sure that score somehow carried over to challenge cup and we didn't make finals. It was fun to get drunk and watch finals though!

We got a deduction 1 year in our 45 second for doing extensions. I'm pretty sure that score somehow carried over to challenge cup and we didn't make finals. It was fun to get drunk and watch finals though!

Yeah I had wine out of a box for the first time at college nationals.

Never had it again.

Back