OT 2014 Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
After watching again on NBC I would have given the gold to Yuna, silver to Sotnikova, and bronze to Kostner. I would have jumped Gracie into bronze without her fall.

I HATE HATE HATE that Mao had that fall yesterday. Ugh. Honestly best skate of the night to me.

After watching again on NBC I would have given the gold to Yuna, silver to Sotnikova, and bronze to Kostner. I would have jumped Gracie into bronze without her fall.

I HATE HATE HATE that Mao had that fall yesterday. Ugh. Honestly best skate of the night to me.
I agree, Yuna skated so beautifully and had way better choreography and flow. I feel like Sotnikova was skating to a random piece of music at times. But I understand why she won and I'm happy for her, but I wish Yuna could have gone out on top! And Mao did so amazing. If she didn't have the fall yesterday she could have easily placed.
And my mom just commented after Yuna got silver, "she was robbed!"
Though kinda happy to be done with ice skating because the female commentator is driving me nuts. Her favorite word must be maturity, because they all skate with such maturity, the teenagers skate with such maturity for their age, the veterans look 4 years more mature from Vancouver, they're all so mature.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yuna got robbed.

Ashley's comments are right....but not in regard to her personally. She shouldn't feel cheated. She should go have a seat

The us figure skaters are on the today show right.

I agree, Yuna got robbed. There's an on-line petition asking for an investigation into the scoring for the women's Free Skate. It already has
1 1/2 million signatures. Guess I'm not the only one thinking she was robbed.

I have a friend who lives in South Korea who commented on the scene over there. He said it's insanity. He teaches elementary school and they stopped class to watch her skate. People are livid and it's literally on every channel and every pair of lips. But you have to realize she's their most followed and most endorsed athlete in the nation.

If any of you guys watch Michael Buckley's youtube videos (Buck Hollywood) he's a big figure skating fan too. He mentioned yesterday how much it sucks for the sport when people already have their doubts about it and then they get a result like this when it comes into the spotlight once every four years. It makes people go "hmmm" and then they write it off forever as corrupt and fixed.

Anyone watching the canada - usa hockey match?

So excited to see who Sweden will meet in the finals :D

It's giving me so much anxiety right now!!!!! I really need my American boys to step up in the third period so I can have my dream final (obvs love USA but also love Sweden because of Berglund and Steen)

It's giving me so much anxiety right now!!!!! I really need my American boys to step up in the third period so I can have my dream final (obvs love USA but also love Sweden because of Berglund and Steen)

USA is such a good team, they have it in them!! I'd love for them to be in the finals (but come second of course ;) )

USA is such a good team, they have it in them!! I'd love for them to be in the finals (but come second of course ;) )
I hope so! I have only followed hockey for the last year and a half ish, so I don't really know that much, but it seems like Canada has been much stronger today especially on defense

Congrats to Canada, USA got outplayed. That's their sport! USA has basketball in the summer, Canada has hockey in the winter. It's the way it works. haha

But now I don't have to pretend to care about hockey for four more years, so that's nice.

Last edited:
Back