OT 2014 Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh okay! I had no idea...But I was mostly thinking Worlds.

NCA did it at college nationals. I think all star too. They even used to do it on finals day. There was kiss or cry area next to the bandshell that you stayed in until someone beat you. They don't do it in finals anymore.

Also, the last two varsity events we went too, teams got their scores before awards. My coach was saying that if you had enough friends between the coaches you knew who would win before awards. Silly, they should just announce it.

But even at worlds I think they do? Not immediately after, but they do publicly announce them.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

One of the women skeleton athletes is from around here. She said to get some sort of experience of a skeleton run would be to open your door and look down at the road going 80 on the highway. Uh, no thank you!

Last edited:
NCA did it at college nationals. I think all star too. They even used to do it on finals day. There was kiss or cry area next to the bandshell that you stayed in until someone beat you. They don't do it in finals anymore.

Also, the last two varsity events we went too, teams got their scores before awards. My coach was saying that if you had enough friends between the coaches you knew who would win before awards. Silly, they should just announce it.

But even at worlds I think they do? Not immediately after, but they do publicly announce them.

I haven't been to Worlds since 2012 but they announced Day 1 scores in groups after every like 10 teams or so.

I feel so bad for the Russian champion who doesn't get to compete now. Now no Russian men will compete at all!
Isn't he the same one that got beat at Russian nationals by someone else but they sent him to the Olympics anyway? Betcha THAT guy is salty right now.

I swear I heard that in one of the interviews.

Isn't he the same one that got beat at Russian nationals by someone else but they sent him to the Olympics anyway? Betcha THAT guy is salty right now.

I swear I heard that in one of the interviews.

Yep. Russia only had 1 spot for males at the games and a young guy won their nationals over Plushenko. But then he skated in private with the Russian skating federation to prove he was ready and they sent him over the National Champion. Then he told he media his plan was to skate the team event and help win gold then withdraw so Russia could send the National Champ guy instead to skate individuals. Then after team he was hurting bad but everyone was loving him and begging him to skate individuals. He could have withdrawn then, or yesterday when he was in too much pain to even complete a practice run and Russia could have sent their younger guy. But by going today and withdrawing AT the event Russia obviously couldn't sub anyone so therefore they had NO representative in the men's skate at all.

Yeah, overall I'd be pretty bitter if I were that guy. I know Plushenko is a great skater but he knew coming in to this he wasn't going to be capable to perform 4 routines.

EDIT
Buck is a little overdramatic but he's hilarious and explains this way better that I can
There's a little language

Last edited:
Showing my age here, but pull up your pants you dumb idiot.
At first I was going to ask who you meant. But then I saw... It's not an age thing. Pull up your pants, bro! Though holy moly! His jumps! I thought he was going to wipe out. They were insane.

At first I was going to ask who you meant. But then I saw... It's not an age thing. Pull up your pants, bro! Though holy moly! His jumps! I thought he was going to wipe out. They were insane.

Nope. Definitely not age. I feel like he will be skiing for Jamaica in 2018 (on account of the dreds and the egg in the pants.)

Reactions: Ems
@cheerKT That video was classic! And his comments on Jeremy? I had to watch it 3 times. I felt the same way. Drives me crazy (whether in cheer or professional sports) when athletes basically come up lame until their time to shine and all of a sudden- it's a Christmas miracle! If you can still do that don't lie on the ground writhing in pain.
Thanks for introducing me to What the Buck :)

Last edited:
The coverage with Johnny Weir and Tara Lapinski, is that only on tv? These live stream commentators are boringggggg.

The guy commentating on tv in the frilled grey shirt, full sparkle jacket and necklace...props to you. I think you actually pulled that off....somehow.

Back