All-Star 2014 Worlds T-shirts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A lot of companies started making something specific for someone and they expanded because they knew they could profit on others as well. If people like spirit jerseys, let them have spirit jerseys. I know a lot of Frats that have Pinnies... Pinnies weren't made for them, should they not be allowed to wear pinnies?

I'm not targeting you specifically, but I feel that often times people think that they or their group are entitled to certain things. Do I agree that not everyone should be allowed to have a spirit jersey with your sorority letters on it? Absolutely! But if a team wants them for their lounge wear, why not let them have it?
I don't know. I think it's a bit of a lost cause - especially because of the fact that they don't even come in youth sizes.... so what do the kids do? The spirit jerseys are already oversized, so they would look ridiculous on a child.

And also, if the cheerleading world would like to take on the spirit jersey trend - at least get the real ones, not the cheap knock offs that don't even look the same.

I don't know. I think it's a bit of a lost cause - especially because of the fact that they don't even come in youth sizes.... so what do the kids do? The spirit jerseys are already oversized, so they would look ridiculous on a child.

And also, if the cheerleading world would like to take on the spirit jersey trend - at least get the real ones, not the cheap knock offs that don't even look the same.
And I think that's something teams will need to consider or something the companies need to offer. If they see they can make money on it, they'll probably start offering different sizes.

And I think that's something teams will need to consider or something the companies need to offer. If they see they can make money on it, they'll probably start offering different sizes.
Whatever. Still not that thrilled about it and I probably never will be.

Whatever knockoff brand jambrands is using makes kid sizes. They had them at us finals. They're probably using the same company, and that may also be why they chose to use knockoff ones

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Good lord it's a shirt... IF SOMEONE IS WILLING TO BUY IT SHE CAN WEAR IT! Guess what? If I bought a shirt with Greek letters on it and wore it out in public, no one would question or really care if I was in the sorority or not. Outside of people in Greek life, I don't think people really care what is or is not "okay" by Greeks for them to wear. End rant.

Good lord it's a shirt... IF SOMEONE IS WILLING TO BUY IT SHE CAN WEAR IT! Guess what? If I bought a shirt with Greek letters on it and wore it out in public, no one would question or really care if I was in the sorority or not. Outside of people in Greek life, I don't think people really care what is or is not "okay" by Greeks for them to wear. End rant.

If anything, people in Greek life throwing fits about others wearing "sorority" clothing would really only make them wear it more. At least at my school. Although to be fair, the organizations at my university wear the dang spirit jerseys so much that everyone not in Greek life is absolutely sick of seeing them. Haha but that's neither here nor there. :)

Actually people might question you if you're wearing a shirt with Greek letters. My cousin is in a sorority and I've been places with her when she's wearing a sorority shirt and ask her about it because either that person was in the sorority or someone else they know is. Just throwing that out there. But I do agree, spirit jerseys might have originated in Greek life but that doesn't stop me from wanting one or buying one (that isn't for a sorority) if I really like it. Plus businesses aren't going to be like "Ooo those are popular, but we can't sell them because they are for greeks only" If they see it doing well they will definitely take it and change it so they can make money.

Actually people might question you if you're wearing a shirt with Greek letters. My cousin is in a sorority and I've been places with her when she's wearing a sorority shirt and ask her about it because either that person was in the sorority or someone else they know is. Just throwing that out there. But I do agree, spirit jerseys might have originated in Greek life but that doesn't stop me from wanting one or buying one (that isn't for a sorority) if I really like it. Plus businesses aren't going to be like "Ooo those are popular, but we can't sell them because they are for greeks only" If they see it doing well they will definitely take it and change it so they can make money.
One of my sisters' old roommates took one of her alpha phi buttons and put it on her backpack (she's not in alpha phi) and wears it around campus and people assume she's a sister when she's not and it's just really awkward...

Oh for the record... before spirit jerseys got popular I got one of these shirts in the Bahamas at Atlantis. Should I not wear one because it may offend someone? No!

One of my sisters' old roommates took one of her alpha phi buttons and put it on her backpack (she's not in alpha phi) and wears it around campus and people assume she's a sister when she's not and it's just really awkward...
Ooo that's awkward. I can just see people being like "when did she join?!" Can't you get in trouble if you give away (well in this case she took it) stuff with Greek letters to someone who isn't in your sorority? One of my sister's best friends is in one and my sister wanted a shirt with the letters but she said she couldn't give her one because she could get in trouble or something.

Oh for the record... before spirit jerseys got popular I got one of these shirts in the Bahamas at Atlantis. Should I not wear one because it may offend someone? No!

Ooo now that you mention getting one in the Bahamas I hope they have Disney ones on the cruise I'm going on. I'd totally buy one of those right away!

tumblr_m2kuubpq7s1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

i still think spirit jerseys are ugly. and i really dont understand how sororities think its their "thing". your wearing an oversized sweatshirt. that i could buy at walmart. for 10 bucks.....

Shimmying this into infinity hahaha.

Like its a piece of baggy clothing with writing on the back. Its not exactly groundbreaking.

But then again I'm not in a sorority so what do I know :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back