All-Star 2015-2016 Age Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jr restricted 5 is just a big old WHY to me :confused: I think that hurts both the Jr division and the Sr R5 divisions or it adds more crossovers to have both teams. I'm not sure it hurts Y5. It won't grow the division but I think most gyms that field a Y5 will keep that talent. Why would you want to move them up an age group and go Jr R5 if you can field a Y5 already?

I'll have to update the road to worlds next year to add the new open divisions.
(I'm quoting you since you're familiar with IOC 6 rules)
Just to confirm, teams are only allowed a maximum of 15 males for the IOC 6 division, right? It's only at Worlds where you get to have 16 (but 15 during the U.S. trials), yes?

What is the point of having small and large for IOC if they're both 5-24 members?
It's according to the number of male members you're allowed.

ETA: I feel like a more accurate term for the divisions would be just keep "International Open Coed" and add "International Open Limited Coed", because total number of athletes allowed is still the same, the emphasis is on limiting the "coed" part.

I think the cutoff age is August 31st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh I'm so bad at these stupid age grid/birthdate things. So if an athlete is 15 by August 31st of 2015, then they cannot cheer on a Junior team for the 2015-2016 season, but if the athlete doesn't turn 15 until, say, October of 2015, then they can still be on a junior team for the 2015-2016 season?

Ugh I'm so bad at these stupid age grid/birthdate things. So if an athlete is 15 by August 31st of 2015, then they cannot cheer on a Junior team for the 2015-2016 season, but if the athlete doesn't turn 15 until, say, October of 2015, then they can still be on a junior team for the 2015-2016 season?

Yes.

(I'm quoting you since you're familiar with IOC 6 rules)
Just to confirm, teams are only allowed a maximum of 15 males for the IOC 6 division, right? It's only at Worlds where you get to have 16 (but 15 during the U.S. trials), yes?

You can't have 16 at all as far as I know. It used to be that you could only have 12 all year except at Worlds where you can have 15, but I think that was only one year.

My cp only has next season left in the junior team [emoji17] makes me sad! She missed the cut off age by a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the point of having small and large for IOC if they're both 5-24 members?

Small coed is 4 buys, large coed is 12 (15 for coed). It's incredibly difficult for a coed team to be competitive if they only have a handful of guys. At Worlds you HAVE to partner stunt, your max stunting score is much lower if you group stunt.

You can't have 16 at all as far as I know. It used to be that you could only have 12 all year except at Worlds where you can have 15, but I think that was only one year.
Oh my bad, I mixed up the numbers, I meant 12 throughout the year and 15 at Worlds..... but I see it's indefinitely 15 now, thank you for clarifying that.

Wait. No small teams?

Are you talking about in the senior 5 division? They split it into small, medium, and large when the numbers allow. I don't think that's a change.

Back