All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

impressed with the entire cali program. i'm glad they opened it up to the public. i think these showcases are just another example of how you can't make everyone happy. it is common for teams to mark sections at a showcase. we've been watching them for years now. why we can't just appreciate that there are new cheer videos to watch is beyond me. bring on 2015-2016!

Personally Im confused why some programs make such a big deal out of their showcases when they show so little. they hardly ever do a complete routine, and they do a whole routine to the 8 count track. But then sucker people out of buying a crappy video feed for it, acting like the showcase is gonna be this great big thing.
I have watched a few of the videos that cheerupdates posted and I thought although likely watered down, the teams performed the majority of the routine. And the teams that I did see are off to a great start! I am not one to buy a video feed because they are almost always poor quality, but the actual showcase itself looked like it was very well done.

I wouldn't even begin to knock any of the Cali teams. It's early October & i give any teams credit for putting their routines out there this early - even if they aren't full routines. And i do Love that they are always so creative with everything.
Only thing i don't get is why practically every team marked their jumps.

I think that is the point of the Showcase, but when you're still marking parts of your routine it's not really warming you up for anything.
I think he meant that your cp first comp is a month or so but your showcase is the end of January. So you're already competing way before your showcase. I don't think it had anything to do with Cali not being performance ready. That's how I took it anyway.

I wouldn't even begin to knock any of the Cali teams. It's early October & i give any teams credit for putting their routines out there this early - even if they aren't full routines. And i do Love that they are always so creative with everything.
Only thing i don't get is why practically every team marked their jumps.
If I remember correctly Orange always marks their jumps. I don't know if Rays whole program does though.

If I remember correctly Orange always marks their jumps. I don't know if Rays whole program does though.
If I remember correctly they mark their tumbling too since it is on dead mat. I have seen many teams mark jumps at showcases/exhibitions since it is one of the more taxing parts of the routine.

This > coaches who tell them to "just throw it"
ETA actually I want to add to this. My sister moved up from level 1 to level 2 last year, and that doesn't sound like a big jump, but it can be for a kid. At the showcase, her team didn't do jumps (bc they had changed the sequence that week), she didn't throw her running tumbling (and was supposed to), and her stunt dropped (and tbh it was her fault). They weren't a hot mess or anything, but others probably thought they "weren't ready" to be performing that. Well, physically they were, but the showcase allowed them to get in the right place mentally. At every comp that season, their stunt never dropped and she /always/ threw her running tumbling. It was better to make those mistakes in front of family and friends where it didn't actually count, and get it out of their system, than at the first comp (which for them was where they won their Summit Bid). I think even if you aren't going totally full out, a practice run in front of real people is beneficial. Or at least, it was for them.

Totally agree with you. I also think a showcase helps the coaches gauge how a new athlete reacts under pressure. They might be amazing on the gym mat, but comps are a whole different animal. Getting the jitters out before a big comp is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I'm just happy to have something new to watch right now and to get me excited for this year! I'm not surprised by the omitted tumbling or jumps - If they have another month until they compete than I'm guessing this is actually as far into their routine as they can run it while still having majority hitting. Theres a HUGE difference in being able to hit your stunts and being able to hit your stunts in a full out routine this early. I think they used the showcase as a way to get out the first competition nerves! I'm also betting that they broadcast it because either way videos were going to get out, they might as well do it on their terms.

IMO, what's the use of doing a "showcase" when you cannot showcase/do every part of the routine. I mean, if you look at CEA or CA's blue debut, they throw pretty much everything unless something has to be REALLY taken out or watered down. That's just me. We can all agree to disagree but that's my kind of showcase per se.

Back