All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've literally been surfing YouTube every hour just to search for any recordings that were recently uploaded... nothing so far

The Smoke break needs to be over already...

Saw them at HJ, No video :(. From what I can tell they will be STRONG this year.

When Smoke hits this routine, it will make Small Coed a bit more interesting. They seem Hungry. And as they say.....

"Smoke will always rise" :cool::rays:

Saw them at HJ, No video :(. From what I can tell they will be STRONG this year.

When Smoke hits this routine, it will make Small Coed a bit more interesting. They seem Hungry. And as they say.....

"Smoke will always rise" :cool::rays:
UGHHH... thanks for the tease, I just want to watch their routine already!! [emoji24]

I just can't with 10 year olds on a SENIOR TEAM!! (Not directed at anyone, just the whole situation.) I still feel like the age should be different...like when I cheered (granted it was like 10 years ago) I think you had to be 14 or 15 for a senior team. I understand sports evolve, but I don't see the reasoning behind a 10 year old and an 18 year old being on the same team.

I'm pretty sure when I cheered 13 years ago, there were two 10 year olds on our senior team.

Not disagreeing with you, it is a huge age gap IMO, but not a new thing.

I'm pretty sure when I cheered 13 years ago, there were two 10 year olds on our senior team.

Not disagreeing with you, it is a huge age gap IMO, but not a new thing.
It's definitely not new, in fact the bottom age of 10 is actually fairly recent. Now maybe people didn't notice as much when there were younger girls bc of less social media, or maybe use of younger girls on older teams has increased, but up until around 5ish years ago there was no bottom age for senior teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely not new, in fact the bottom age of 10 is actually fairly recent. Now maybe people didn't notice as much when there were younger girls bc of less social media, or maybe use of younger girls on older teams has increased, but up until around 5ish years ago there was no bottom age for senior teams.

I'm one of those people who has changed opinions on younger kids being part of senior teams. I tell people all the time that in my experience, your 10 year-old is more likely to be exposed to more inappropriate conversations on a JUNIOR team than on seniors. Most true HS-aged senior kids have some sort of a filter on what they will say around younger teammates. Middle school aged junior team kids have not developed that yet.

Double posting but I also think that coachability is a huge factor in whether someone is ready for senior teams moreso than age.

I'm not saying that coaches are ripping into senior 5 kids but they are coached very differently.

Senior Level 5 athletes are expected to take critique and corrections quickly without crying, whining, doing the "omg I suck and I'm quitting" thing, etc.

They are expected to adapt and learn new stunts very quickly as well. Ex: No complaining because your double up was just changed to a tick tock.

If a 10-year-old is up to the challenge, then she should certainly be permitted.

There are some younger senior kids who are more coachable and adaptable than their high school aged counterparts.

https://twitter.com/chickfilkay/status/660150487552008192
Don't know if the link will work but my jaw is still on the floor
full.gif

My cp has been in a Senior team when she was youth age and for the past 2 seasons she has been in junior teams, we've never had any issues with younger girls in teams that I'm aware of, but I've heard that the younger ones sometimes feel left out, since there isn't many play dates or sleep overs in the older teams and if there is they invite the older girls. Right now we have a nugget that's 8 in CP's junior team and this little nugget is more mature than most of the team [emoji23] my cp does come home saying how sweet the little nugget is but she sure ask a lot of questions, I told my cp that of course she ask a bunch of questions, nugget is only 8! [emoji23]

Back