All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Speaking of changes and old routines, it's really funny watching how things have upgraded. Just a few years ago, Level 5/ Advanced was essentially Level 3.5 taking out the double downs and kick double baskets. I loved this routine, but the elite and pyramid would score you pretty low on a Level 3 rubric if put on today's floor. Makes me curious for the next 5-10 years.

This just made me cry....that's my sisters team and I think it was her last year of Allstars....tear

Speaking of changes and old routines, it's really funny watching how things have upgraded. Just a few years ago, Level 5/ Advanced was essentially Level 3.5 taking out the double downs and kick double baskets. I loved this routine, but the elite and pyramid would score you pretty low on a Level 3 rubric if put on today's floor. Makes me curious for the next 5-10 years.

is the name of that video correct?? "small" sr coed... small?? theres at least 100 people. lol

Last edited:
is the name of that video correct?? "small" sr coed... small?? theres at least 100 people. lol
I believe back then the "size" stated for a coed team isn't reflective of the number of total athletes on the team, rather the number of males... it was probably after this season or so that they started using terms limited, semi-limited and unlimited coed to reflect the number of males and small and large to reflect the total number of athletes on the team. For instance, "large semi-limited coed" would be the size of a large team but only 12 males were allowed or "small limited coed" would be the size of a small team but only 4 males were allowed.

To me, it's a very accurate naming convention and I wished they had kept it for this year's "large" and "small" IOC divisions because so many people have kept asking, "How are they small/large if they have 24 athletes as well?" It should be International Open Limited Coed for the "small" division and just kept IOC for the "large" division.

Last edited:
I believe back then the "size" stated for a coed team isn't reflective of the number of total athletes on the team, rather the number of males... it was probably after this season or so that they started using terms limited, semi-limited and unlimited coed to reflect the number of males and small and large to reflect the total number of athletes on the team. For instance, "large semi-limited coed" would be the size of a large team but only 12 males were allowed or "small limited coed" would be the size of a small team but only 4 males were allowed.

To me, it's a very accurate naming convention and I wished they had kept it for this year's "large" and "small" IOC divisions because so many people have kept asking, "How are they small/large if they have 24 athletes as well?" It should be International Open Limited Coed for the "small" division and just kept IOC for the "large" division.
There have been so many variations of coed I've lost count. Small Coed and Large Coed (# of boys determined division, not actual size of team). Then Limited and Unlimited. Limited combined the small and large teams into 1 division at worlds. Smalls were known as "small small". After that, Small and Large limited were broken into 2 divisions, Semi Limited became a division and then Unlimited. Finally, we've ended up with Small, Medium and Large.

There have been so many variations of coed I've lost count. Small Coed and Large Coed (# of boys determined division, not actual size of team). Then Limited and Unlimited. Limited combined the small and large teams into 1 division at worlds. Smalls were known as "small small". After that, Small and Large limited were broken into 2 divisions, Semi Limited became a division and then Unlimited. Finally, we've ended up with Small, Medium and Large.
Phew.

That toe-touch jump section is perfection. I think I just watched it about a hundred times :cloud9:

Was "small coed" back then not what became large limited? 4 boys and (usually) 32 girls?
Yes, Small Coed was actually a large team with 32 girls and 4 boys. But there were also teams with 4 boys and 16 girls...hence the "small small". That little nickname stuck for awhile, until the actual smalls were broken into their own division.

Watched some more back in the day videos. Thinking of how far cheer has come.

I once won a solo competition in high school with a RO 4 BHS to a LAYOUT. And that was in the ADVANCED DIVISION.

Not only would that be laughable these days, but solos themselves are a bit old school.

I see it offered at SOME comps but do kids even COMPETE IN SOLOS anymore?

Watched some more back in the day videos. Thinking of how far cheer has come.

I once won a solo competition in high school with a RO 4 BHS to a LAYOUT. And that was in the ADVANCED DIVISION.

Not only would that be laughable these days, but solos themselves are a bit old school.

I see it offered at SOME comps but do kids even COMPETE IN SOLOS anymore?
Then I'm really old. I could do an aerial and that was like walking on water!

Stars vipers Royal Cobras
Large coed r5 (very small snippet of this weekend)

They got 1st out of 4 this weekend.
Level 5 high point and we realized it's the highest score of the comp. I love them!!:)
http://nca.s3.varsity.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Files/links/Lone Star Final Results.pdf

I'm seriously there biggest fan again this year .

It's not the whole video :(

But it's a small portion.

Please don't make fun of the screamer!

Ps- sorry for bad quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back