Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What song?? I can barely hear the music on my phone
emoji53.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What song?? I can barely hear the music on my phone [emoji53]

Emperor's New Clothes. It's around the 39 second mark x

I have been informed via Instagram that WC Super Sonics ("by definition is the speed of sound and a World Cup tradition") have a Legally Blonde theme and I need to see this video and hear the music. Has some one ("sum" one???) posted this yet?
There's a sneak peek on the WC Instagram of sonics!! There is also a full video of Electra floating around, they have a Britney Spears theme[emoji7][emoji7]

Also on the subject of Broadway songs in routines...twinkles are dancing to My Strongest Suit from Aida and it made my day when I heard it!
My brother was in a production of Aida years ago and I went 5 times (there was probably only like 12 shows total) bc the kids in it were so amazing and that made me love the show. When My Strongest Suit plays on my iTunes shuffle I always listen to it and jam out singing!

i remember stars removed the red jacket from their routine at worlds cause judges said it was too distracting..... which makes me wonder why they would include another and even bigger prop to distract judges with.

I wondered this as well, but my thought is the jacket was distracting because you were watching the non-tumblers choreo during the running tumbling section instead of the running tumbling. It was just drawing all the attention to the back instead of where you should have been looking. I don't love the 8 foot cheetah dress, but it goes up during the opening and then the baskets come out behind it so it "fits" better and doesn't divert my attention away from important things happening elsewhere, IMO.

This is all out of sincerity and genuine curiosity because I am still learning a lot about the industry!

But...is it just me - or does every year...music release for teams themselves seem to be getting later and later? I mean that 8 track is going here in almost December...even for some more "well-known" teams....yet....other teams have already had new/additional edits to theirs and what not. I guess I am genuinely confused by the whole process and only bring it up in this thread because of the multiple previous comments about how critical music is to a routine- no matter if the team's skills are insane or not.

I also feel like if I was an athlete/coach/gym owner of a team using that track still...I would be starting to get frustrated. Lol - but that's me I guess! Ultimately, does anyone know if there is a reason behind this other than the lawsuit stuff? Too much demand - not enough time for editors? Would you get a refund if it wasn't done by your first competition - haha?!

I also greatly appreciate the creativity and innovation that comes alongs with the use of props...and I am not saying people in the back of a section (particularly running tumbling) cannot dance or do their thang really well...but I continually find it difficult to focus on anything else when these things are present in a routine.

(Only using Stars because it's the most relevant/recent example in the thread) I mean that Gaga banner is massive and I found myself staring at it from the start until they revealed it, and then realized I was completely disregarding everything else. I am starting to find all that extra jazz completely unnecessary for all-star routines (of course .. naturally when they seem to be super prevalent lately haha!) - mostly because it seems like an over the top attempt to one-up each other and bring flash to a routine if that makes any sense. Just let the technique & skills do the talking! In my opinion, it just doesn't seem worth the risk to include these things for the most part! I would love to hear other opinions, too!

Lastly - haven't teams received suggestions to remove props after day one of competitions in the past? Is this a common complaint from judging panels? I would be curious to hear a judge's perspective on how they ensure they do not get distracted by a prop or a kitschy dance instead of the skills being thrown - and understand what they view as effective incorporation of these things into a routine.

As far as the choreography aspect goes I get what you are saying. As I have been watching routines this season there's soooooooo much "fluff" that you're almost loosing the appreciation of the skills. Worse off you have teams with like 3-4 8 counts of choreography before each stunt, pyramid, running tumbling, etc yet the teams cant hit their stunts and pyramids. It may have to do something with the athletes not being conditioned to get through the routines or maybe its just starting to become over kill. Its almost like it has turned into who can out choreograph each other. I would rather see a clean routine with just enough choreo that hits instead of these huge almost "broadway productions" that have flyers falling out of the sky like someone is playing a real life version of anger birds!

As more and more videos come out this season I think I might just check out and check back in next season. Nothing enjoyable about practically anyone this season. It is early though, maybe I'll re-evaluate after NCA

As more and more videos come out this season I think I might just check out and check back in next season. Nothing enjoyable about practically anyone this season. It is early though, maybe I'll re-evaluate after NCA

I feel the same way .. or maybe I'm just losing interest.

Latest posts

Back