College 2015 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How did Mizzou do? I know small coed made it to finals but I'm pretty sure they have an intermediate all girl team too! Not sure if small coed finals have happened but I'd love to know how they did once it does

Did you ever get it?

They were in 5th because the guys assisted stunts and that dropped them a whole level. Besides that there was a stunt fall, bobble, and TB. 1-5th were within 5 point and 2.5 between them not counting deductions. They were making adjustments and not going to have spotters support at all to keep them in top stunt level.

Today was a stunt fall and bobble (from what I heard). Didn't hear of any tumble busts.

Sharkpup broke her hand in warm-ups and then competed yesterday. She's center for stunt, basket and pyramid so she just pushed through it. Unfortunately that crushed some bones in her hand, possible by competing after the fracture. Today she wrapped it and competed with it. Her stunt was the bobble, but she kept in the air. All in all I think APSU came together and performed well. Hopefully they place higher today.
Aww way to go sharkpup! Hopefully it heals fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asking my question again because maybe someone will see it and respond: what do I do if I lost my shoe tag? Do I need it for stunt fest?

Totally diggin' the Nike cheer uniforms (ex. Kent State, Oakland University) because they compete outside (plus the high socks look great too). But I kinda want to see a white collar on it so it looks like an athletic polo... is that weird?

Is the announcer saying "your 45 seconds is done" after the cheer a new thing? I don't remember them doing that before.

They said it 10 years ago when I competed

Asking my question again because maybe someone will see it and respond: what do I do if I lost my shoe tag? Do I need it for stunt fest?

No.

If I recall correctly (it's been 10 years) but stuntfest is unofficial official. It's just people stunting in that area by the beach. You just walk up and join in. Nobody checks for anything. Pretty sure people that didn't compete participated he year I was there

No.

If I recall correctly (it's been 10 years) but stuntfest is unofficial official. It's just people stunting in that area by the beach. You just walk up and join in. Nobody checks for anything. Pretty sure people that didn't compete participated he year I was there

Thanks! Some of my teammates were saying we do need it because it's still a part of the competition

Thanks! Some of my teammates were saying we do need it because it's still a part of the competition

Oh I think a few years ago they started a stunt comp on Saturday to try and get back some control over stunt fest. The real "stunt fest" is unofficial and on the grass. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Is the announcer saying "your 45 seconds is done" after the cheer a new thing? I don't remember them doing that before.

No, that's not new. You keep going until they say that and tell you to stop. The college team that my gym owner coaches even practices with a coach saying "your 45 seconds are up"

Did you ever get it?

They were in 5th because the guys assisted stunts and that dropped them a whole level. Besides that there was a stunt fall, bobble, and TB. 1-5th were within 5 point and 2.5 between them not counting deductions. They were making adjustments and not going to have spotters support at all to keep them in top stunt level.

Today was a stunt fall and bobble (from what I heard). Didn't hear of any tumble busts.

Sharkpup broke her hand in warm-ups and then competed yesterday. She's center for stunt, basket and pyramid so she just pushed through it. Unfortunately that crushed some bones in her hand, possible by competing after the fracture. Today she wrapped it and competed with it. Her stunt was the bobble, but she kept in the air. All in all I think APSU came together and performed well. Hopefully they place higher today.

I hope she recovers fast! Way to push through it shark pup!!

Oh I think a few years ago they started a stunt comp on Saturday to try and get back some control over stunt fest. The real "stunt fest" is unofficial and on the grass. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Ok! Thank you so much! I'm still mad I lost it though.. I wanted to keep it

Just got back from NCA. Nightmare drive home-14 hours for what normally takes 8-9. BUT so super proud of NCSU Small Coed. Routine 2nd day no deductions. We came in 3rd (really expecting 2nd). But they were amazing! 6 freshmen on the team. Left their hearts on the mat. My CP realized her dream of performing on the band shell. Loved meeting moms from all over the country. Everyone cheered each other on and if someone fell, we cheered even harder. Saw some amazing routines. Incredibly happy mama right now!

Headed home from NCA. I had so much fun! Even though we didn't do how we wanted, I def feel we are better prepared for next year. I wish I could continue with cheer but my Care & Prevention of Sport Injuries class is only offered Wednesdays from 7:30-10:15 which is right in the middle of when practice would be. I'm Going to try and keep up my skills so maybe my senior year I can get back into it.. I'm definitely gonna try and go to stunt fest again though! It was so fun and I made some friends from Grand Valley State (if any of ya'll are from that area).

Back