All-Star 2016-2017 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so now that everyone is in the Small IOC5 division I say they just take 5 US teams to finals ;).. (I know that will never happen)

I doubt this will happen! I think gym owners realized this is a pretty small division and not too competitive, particularly because last season was its first. It looks to be a great division this season though!

I doubt this will happen! I think gym owners realized this is a pretty small division and not too competitive, particularly because last season was its first. It looks to be a great division this season though!
I believe it is more about it being a division that really fills a need for US gyms. Many gyms have a few guys that have aged out of senior, but can't field enough guys to be competitive in IOLC5.

The whole geography-based quota system for finals needs to go away, however. ICU is a great option for teams that want to have a country-vs-country competition.

I believe it is more about it being a division that really fills a need for US gyms. Many gyms have a few guys that have aged out of senior, but can't field enough guys to be competitive in IOLC5.

The whole geography-based quota system for finals needs to go away, however. ICU is a great option for teams that want to have a country-vs-country competition.

But you can't qualify as a team for ICU, you can only go there as an athlete being a part of the national team.

First Posh Pony's, now the Bald Cap....
I60OJbWRW7926_P646547_500X500.jpg

Thats exactly why our team is going small ioc5. we are a smaller gym and had some people age out of our small coed 5 team and they didnt want to stop cheering. Also in our state there is very few level 5 male cheerleader so we dont have enough boys to be competitive in large ioc5.

But you can't qualify as a team for ICU, you can only go there as an athlete being a part of the national team.

The best teams should advance to finals, regardless of the GPS coordinates of their practice facility. If someone is interested in "representing their country", they should try out for their national team and go to ICU.

No talk of "but we need to support the efforts of gyms in XX country" will convince me that teams literally scoring in the 50s should advance while teams scoring in the 120s are forced to watch from the stands. That is absolute absurdity. Those teams do NOT deserve to be in finals ahead of 005, CheerForce, etc. You can say that it "helps" certain teams - but it does so by harming other teams.

Last edited:
The best teams should advance to finals, regardless of the GPS coordinates of their practice facility. If someone is interested in "representing their country", they should try out for their national team and go to ICU.

No talk of "but we need to support the efforts of gyms in XX country" will convince me that teams literally scoring in the 50s should advance while teams scoring in the 120s are forced to watch from the stands. That is absolute absurdity. Those teams do NOT deserve to be in finals ahead of 005, CheerForce, etc. You can say that it "helps" certain teams - but it does so by harming other teams.

Quoting myself from worlds weekend:
As soon as worlds moves around the world and does not take place in Orlando year after year and the American teams also have to shell out thousands (not hundreds but thousands with no full paid bids available) just to go compete with basically no family/friends supporting, I'm all for getting rid of the 3 per country rule. Until then: nope.

As soon as worlds moves around the world and does not take place in Orlando year after year and the American teams also have to shell out thousands (not hundreds but thousands with no full paid bids available) just to go compete with basically no family/friends supporting, I'm all for getting rid of the 3 per country rule. Until then: nope.

Trust me, I have never been in favor of leaving it in Orlando every year.

Using the "how much it costs to get there should impact the results" logic, should California teams who travel further than many "foreign" teams get points added to their score? Should Brandon or Top Gun Orlando get an automatic deduction?

Move Worlds around, give a discount to teams based on travel costs, do other things, but don't directly alter the rankings and the results of the World Championship as "payback" for people who have to fundraise more to get there. Teams should advance and be ranked based on their team's performance, not their mailing address.

Sorry: I sense a thread derailment. Happy to continue in a different thread.

Last edited:
what about the talented Canadian teams that DO pay thousands of dollars with no full paid available and miss out because of the rule?

ladykatz are apparently no longer a team. replaced by a small ioc6

Is this the IO6 Ladykatz?? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of AG teams move to IOSC 6, since that division was pretty empty this past year, and IO 6 is getting pretty hard to do well in, based on the super strong teams at the top. I'll miss seeing them though. They were always a great team to watch

Is this the IO6 Ladykatz?? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of AG teams move to IOSC 6, since that division was pretty empty this past year, and IO 6 is getting pretty hard to do well in, based on the super strong teams at the top. I'll miss seeing them though. They were always a great team to watch
yes io6! I agree. not an easy division for sure

Back