All-Star 2016-2017 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dont know if its been confirmed yet but ive seen that it looks like CEA cougars are going small international coed.
*or they created a whole new international team.

what about the talented Canadian teams that DO pay thousands of dollars with no full paid available and miss out because of the rule?

At least 10 of them get to compete twice though (trials and semis), and they just started this season to give out full-paid bids.

To make it "more fair" you could do trials for all countries in the international divisions, take top 10 of each country to semis, and then do finals with top 10 scores. This would give the majority of the non-US teams at least 2 performances.

USA Wildcats - Naugy location:
Tiny
Mini 1
large youth prep 2
small junior prep 1
large junior 2
small junior 4
large senior 3
small senior coed 4
International small coed 5

Dont know if its been confirmed yet but ive seen that it looks like CEA cougars are going small international coed.
*or they created a whole new international team.
I was confused that I saw a lot of post of kids that made Cougars and ssx. Do they do joint practices in the summer?

I was confused that I saw a lot of post of kids that made Cougars and ssx. Do they do joint practices in the summer?
I wouldn't be surprised if there were crossovers and then fill those spots in later. It's something they've done before even though it makes zero sense lol.

^^^I think I like that system, actually.

I believe they also did their reveals at one location so that kids' invites say "You made Senior 5!" and not "You made Senior Elite/Lady Elite/LOT."

That way you can see how the talent develops and how you'd like to distribute it, without having to be concerned about how Becky is about to be sad when you tell her she is moving from Senior Elite to LOT (because kids aren't set on teams yet.)

^^^I think I like that system, actually.

I believe they also did their reveals at one location so that kids' invites say "You made Senior 5!" and not "You made Senior Elite/Lady Elite/LOT."

That way you can see how the talent develops and how you'd like to distribute it, without having to be concerned about how Becky is about to be sad when you tell her she is moving from Senior Elite to LOT (because kids aren't set on teams yet.)
Exactly. Also who works best in what stunt group and all that jazz. A lot can change in 3 months- kids gain/lose confidence, certain people mesh better without having to be shuffled around (especially at a place with like 1 floor so you don't get a lot of free gym time to see how they might work with other people).

Star Athletics - NJ just announced their teams (but not sizes)
j1 Jr Chrome
j2 Jr White
j3 Jr Black
S2 Jr Onyx
S3 Sr White
S3 Sr Gold
4.2 Sr Platnium
S4 Sr Black
R5 Sr Steel
S5 Sr Red

At least 10 of them get to compete twice though (trials and semis), and they just started this season to give out full-paid bids.

To make it "more fair" you could do trials for all countries in the international divisions, take top 10 of each country to semis, and then do finals with top 10 scores. This would give the majority of the non-US teams at least 2 performances.
that's only level 5 that get to compete twice though. and they gave out ONE full paid this year. why does it have to be separated by country in the first place. top 10 regardless of country makes way more sense.

that's only level 5 that get to compete twice though. and they gave out ONE full paid this year. why does it have to be separated by country in the first place. top 10 regardless of country makes way more sense.

The issue with top 10 regardless of country is that until recently (and to some extent, it still happens), most international teams can't compete at the same level as the US teams as cheer isn't as big in their country, or hasn't been around as long. I feel that even in Canada, we're only just starting to catch up fully with the US teams int eh International divisions. If I knew that I was travelling around the world for a 2:30 min routine and no shot at anything else, the draw wouldn't be there for me. I see it as comparing a great high school basketball team playing against a NBA team. Both may be great in their respective division, but the HS team will always be crushed by the 'professionals'.

Until cheer sees more equality throughout different countries, I think it needs to stay as top 3 from each. And yes, I have been on the losing end of that by missing finals by .5 and watching X-All Stars from random country make finals over us when we scored 30 points higher.

The issue with top 10 regardless of country is that until recently (and to some extent, it still happens), most international teams can't compete at the same level as the US teams as cheer isn't as big in their country, or hasn't been around as long. I feel that even in Canada, we're only just starting to catch up fully with the US teams int eh International divisions. If I knew that I was travelling around the world for a 2:30 min routine and no shot at anything else, the draw wouldn't be there for me. I see it as comparing a great high school basketball team playing against a NBA team. Both may be great in their respective division, but the HS team will always be crushed by the 'professionals'.

Until cheer sees more equality throughout different countries, I think it needs to stay as top 3 from each. And yes, I have been on the losing end of that by missing finals by .5 and watching X-All Stars from random country make finals over us when we scored 30 points higher.
I have too. but you can't tell me that it's fair that a team that finishes 4th overall in semis has to watch teams scoring 30 points the next day

I always kind of wondered why the international divisions at worlds were labelled "International" and why they had the # per country rule when every other division at worlds doesn't have that rule despite the fact that international teams can most certainly enter those divisions as well. I understand that foriegn teams probably have a lot of older people on those teams than younger ones so the division fits them better, but in theory, Worlds is an international competition, yet we only have one age bracket that accomodates the international teams.

I am absolutely, positively, 10000000% against making more division in cheer but would a solution be making two open divisions? An open division at worlds that followed the 10-best-teams-no-matter-what rule as the rest of the divisions do and then have a strictly international division where the international teams can have their 3 per country rule? American teams cannot enter the international open division but international teams can enter the open division if they so chose. Most of the international teams say they want to compete against the best of the best but they don't want more than three US (and Canada tbh) teams to move on because there will fill the top 10 slots. Most international teams can't have it both ways. They can really only have one or the other.

Again though, I'm whole heartedly against creating new divisions (and I think we need to get rid of the small, medium, and large divisions - atleast in the AG divisions - if we are going to start using ratio scoring) but i feel like this would clear up a lot of criticism coming from both sides.

I have too. but you can't tell me that it's fair that a team that finishes 4th overall in semis has to watch teams scoring 30 points the next day

I agree that it's not, cos I've been there as that 4th place team. It sucked. But I understand why it's there, and originally it was to allow more equity between the US and Intl. teams. And I don't think we're at a point yet where we can change that.

Back