All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After thinking about this X-Small division convo, I think this is exactly what it is just a division changes and it is no different from being pkaced in a Sm, Med. Or Large division. I think I was jus onfuse by the rule that states a gym with level 5 team already cannot enter this division. I felt the ruling cause me t8 believe that the addition of the X-Small was exclusive of up and coming small gyms...
IMHO it actually makes the division more competitive.

Spirit of Texas 2018-19 Teams

Small Y2 Purple Hearts
Small J2 Purple Diamonds
Medium J3 Purple Aces
Medium (coed) Sr 3 Purple Sass
Small Sr 4 Royal Queens
Medium J4 Royal Gurlz

Large J5 Junior Royals
Large Coed Sr R5 Royal Guns
Medium AG Sr 5 A-Team
Medium Coed Sr 5 Royalty
Open Coed 5 (not sure if large or small and no name announced yet)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I heard the open team is small but I'm not 100%certain.

How awesome is it that of 11 teams at Spirit 5 of them are level 5!! Seriously more than half the athletes are on level 5 teams!!

Small Y2 Purple Hearts
Small J2 Purple Diamonds
Medium J3 Purple Aces
Small Sr 4 Royal Queens
Medium J4 Royal Gurlz

Large J5 Junior Royals
Medium AG Sr 5 A-Team
Medium Coed Sr 5 Royalty

No Royal Divas [emoji52]?? In large senior 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small Y2 Purple Hearts
Small J2 Purple Diamonds
Medium J3 Purple Aces
Small Sr 4 Royal Queens
Medium J4 Royal Gurlz

Large J5 Junior Royals
Medium AG Sr 5 A-Team
Medium Coed Sr 5 Royalty

Ooooh... the return of either REiGN, REMiX or iNASTY.

Any word on what teams Star Vipers Katy, Tx. location is having?
Forever refusing to call this location Katy...:deadhorse:

Also, I see Denise &Owen Cox are the program directors? Guess they are leaving woodlands’ katy location (that is actually in katy :D)

Last edited:

Also, I see Denise &Owen Cox are the program directors? Guess they are leaving woodlands’ katy location (that is actually in katy :D)
Although I have no idea why they chose Katy as the name, maybe Katy is a larger area than Richmond??
I just went to maps and dropped a pin to an address that’s in Katy and directions to the gym. It’s 7 mins away, a straight shot. So not actually that far from Katy at all. What you said the other day lead me to believe it wasn’t close to Katy at all. So maybe it just depends on where you live in Katy. Sorry for the confusion but doesn’t seem like that big of an issue to me.

Also kind of doesn’t matter but it’s probably really similar to what woodlands elite is doing... they aren’t actually in the woodlands are they... i thought they were in oak ridge north? Maybe it’s close like Katy and Richmond.

Last edited:
I heard the open team is small but I'm not 100%certain.

How awesome is it that of 11 teams at Spirit 5 of them are level 5!! Seriously more than half the athletes are on level 5 teams!!

I mean...In my opinion that's not awesome at all. It speaks to the really sad trend that younger kids aren't joining the sport or maybe that smaller gyms grow the talent and then larger gyms pool it for their higher teams. Either way I personally find the lack of youth and younger teams and also lack of lower level teams to be sad, and not a great sign for the future of this sport we all love so much... :/

Denise and Owen left Woodlands Elite in April. Perhaps you can refer to the Katy Richmond location as Stars Vipers East and the Cali location as Stars Vipers West :p Whatever floats your boat ;).

And yes @TheVipersMom Katy is a larger area than Richmond.

Anyone know if cea Chicago, top gun Ohio, top gun AZ, stingrays Tampa, stingrays Michigan, rockstar Jacksonville, Midwest Chicago grew in numbers/teams than previous year? Just curious to see how some of the latest expansions are doing

Top Gun AZ definitely grew in numbers, especially in the senior category, though I don't know exactly by how much. Arizona just lifted their rule this year that made athletes unable to do allstar and school cheer, so the talent pool for all the gyms over here is increasing drastically (6 kids just in the district I coach at, for example, tried out for Top Gun). TGAZ is also fielding an Open 4 this year in addition to their International 5 team, so old people like me are getting back into it and increasing enrollment numbers on the older end.

June 4th is when preliminary teams are announced so more will be known next week.

I mean...In my opinion that's not awesome at all. It speaks to the really sad trend that younger kids aren't joining the sport or maybe that smaller gyms grow the talent and then larger gyms pool it for their higher teams. Either way I personally find the lack of youth and younger teams and also lack of lower level teams to be sad, and not a great sign for the future of this sport we all love so much... :/
I actually see your point. But, being in this gym multiple times a week, the talent of the athletes is amazing. These kids are working and gaining skills and really thriving. As for lower level/youth teams...there will be tryouts in September for the new prep divisions. I love the fact that the prep teams aren't an entire year round commitment so that the kids and parents won't get burned out because they actually will get a few months to relax between seasons.

Top Gun AZ definitely grew in numbers, especially in the senior category, though I don't know exactly by how much. Arizona just lifted their rule this year that made athletes unable to do allstar and school cheer, so the talent pool for all the gyms over here is increasing drastically (6 kids just in the district I coach at, for example, tried out for Top Gun). TGAZ is also fielding an Open 4 this year in addition to their International 5 team, so old people like me are getting back into it and increasing enrollment numbers on the older end.

June 4th is when preliminary teams are announced so more will be known next week.
That is awesome! I didn’t know the rule was finally lifted how exciting! They had a good first year can’t wait to see how they do this year

Denise and Owen left Woodlands Elite in April. Perhaps you can refer to the Katy Richmond location as Stars Vipers East and the Cali location as Stars Vipers West :p Whatever floats your boat ;).

And yes @TheVipersMom Katy is a larger area than Richmond.

Katy is MUCH bigger than Richmond. Katy has about 9 massive high schools whereas Richmond has about 4 somewhat smaller ones. The “Katy” vipers location is about 20 minutes from the Katy woodlands location. Also, there is Victory Vipers (very small gym) in rosenburg (“twin city” with richmond- but is 10ish minutes away. Just a fun fact.

Back