All-Star 2018 - 2019 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question,

I apologize it may be off topic but it goes with team names. I've been seeing quite a rift raft about California Allstars having to remove anything associated with guns/bullets? Does this mean other gyms will be forced to do this? I was going to post the tweet but the girl is a minor and i couldnt block out her name, it says
"okay so who complained to usasf about the gun names because my location just had to get rid of pistols and shooters and I’m livid. like wtf that means lady bullets is going to have to go like how do you get rid of something THAT iconic"

Question,

I apologize it may be off topic but it goes with team names. I've been seeing quite a rift raft about California Allstars having to remove anything associated with guns/bullets? Does this mean other gyms will be forced to do this? I was going to post the tweet but the girl is a minor and i couldnt block out her name, it says
"okay so who complained to usasf about the gun names because my location just had to get rid of pistols and shooters and I’m livid. like wtf that means lady bullets is going to have to go like how do you get rid of something THAT iconic"

I don’t know the reason or how true but my daughter and her friend were just talking about it. They have a friend that cheers at one of the Ca gyms and her team is changing their name. Guess it’s just the culture we live.

Last edited:
From my understanding, USASF is encouraging it, but it is not required.

Last edited:
What about CJA who has Team Gunz and Bombshells. What about ECE who has Bomb Squad and Bombshells? What about Top Gun?

What about CJA who has Team Gunz and Bombshells. What about ECE who has Bomb Squad and Bombshells? What about Top Gun?
To be fair, Top Gun isn't in reference to a "Gun", as a single phrase it means "the most important or powerful person in a particular sphere", as taken from dictionary.com.

Prohibited Team Names | The Truth - cheerUPDATES

Thought cheer updates had a good write up that is much less hysterical than the current twitter nonsense.
all it takes is one over bearing sensitive parent to ruin it for everyone... i cant imagine USASF demanding the change, and possibly losing the business of top gun or cali who might not want to change entire programs to follow such a ridiculous rule.

all it takes is one over bearing sensitive parent to ruin it for everyone... i cant imagine USASF demanding the change, and possibly losing the business of top gun or cali who might not want to change entire programs to follow such a ridiculous rule.
I may be in the minority but I have never liked team names that had guns (or gunz) in it. And I do think that with all that has been going on with school shootings, it is perfectly fine for the governing body of cheer to ask those gyms to reconsider the team names, especially since this is a youth sport. But I also had an issue with a team named Sexy6, that’s just me.

I may be in the minority but I have never liked team names that had guns (or gunz) in it. And I do think that with all that has been going on with school shootings, it is perfectly fine for the governing body of cheer to ask those gyms to reconsider the team names, especially since this is a youth sport. But I also had an issue with a team named Sexy6, that’s just me.
I feel the same way. I'm a pretty die hard Cali fan but some of their mixes have given me pause in the past and with everything going on in America right now I have to wonder if everyone should take a slightly less cavalier attitude towards gun imagery. (Sexy6 was also an eyebrow rasier for me but I didn't care too much since it was a older team)

I think the only team I raised eyebrows with, and really questioned how that was acceptable, was XXX, which was Cheer Extreme's IOC5 from like 2014.

I still remember one of their voiceovers went something along the lines of: "Hide your kids, 'cause we're rated R." Like, what.

Back