All-Star 2by2 10year Celebration Part 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@MomOf2ThatsMe I have seen it and I love it! They have an amazing team this year and I was lucky enough to go home and watch them compete at their county competition. They placed 2nd a counties and 1st at regionals last night! I couldnt be a prouder former captain and Im sure that @Kristie20 feels the same! Once a Seahawk always a Seahawk <3

I have heard from a friend that the team was really good this year. I sooooo wish I had video from the late 90's team. It is positively amazing to me how quickly the HS teams progressed. Honestly, when I went there (Grad in 2000) it was very "rah-rah" and look cute in a skirt. Fast forward about.... 5 or 6 years. My neighbor was going to try out for SRHS cheer and ended up not trying out because apparently the minimum tumbling was a standing tuck?! I was shocked to say the least. I have to credit allstars for the majority of the progress with HS cheer in A.A. Co.

I have heard from a friend that the team was really good this year. I sooooo wish I had video from the late 90's team. It is positively amazing to me how quickly the HS teams progressed. Honestly, when I went there (Grad in 2000) it was very "rah-rah" and look cute in a skirt. Fast forward about.... 5 or 6 years. My neighbor was going to try out for SRHS cheer and ended up not trying out because apparently the minimum tumbling was a standing tuck?! I was shocked to say the least. I have to credit allstars for the majority of the progress with HS cheer in A.A. Co.
I agree. I would say that last year AT LEAST 75% of the team last year was currently an allstar cheerleader or had cheered allstar within the past 5 years. The talent that feeds into AAC is incredible and thats what makes it so competitive. I so wish I could see that 90's video though! The competition in AAC this year is tough too. Chesapeake and Broadneck are both strong teams and Im kind of glad that States on Saturday is going to be so unpredictable!

I honestly didn't really like it?! Like there was no cheer stuff in it?? And what happened to erica being the spokesmodel!?

I like their uniforms?

No really... I had to turn it off. It was everything everyone already said...and more.

I agree. I would say that last year AT LEAST 75% of the team last year was currently an allstar cheerleader or had cheered allstar within the past 5 years. The talent that feeds into AAC is incredible and thats what makes it so competitive. I so wish I could see that 90's video though! The competition in AAC this year is tough too. Chesapeake and Broadneck are both strong teams and Im kind of glad that States on Saturday is going to be so unpredictable!

HS cheer at that time in AA Co was not worth video taping. You have to remember that Twisters opened up in 1997-ish, so that would have been my sophmore year. If you take girls 15-17 and put them into allstars with no experience, they probably would have only progressed to a level 2 or 3 max by their senior year. Most of the cheerleaders had no experience, or they cheered for Edgewater as a kid :D Is North County still a strong team as well?

HS cheer at that time in AA Co was not worth video taping. You have to remember that Twisters opened up in 1997-ish, so that would have been my sophmore year. If you take girls 15-17 and put them into allstars with no experience, they probably would have only progressed to a level 2 or 3 max by their senior year. Most of the cheerleaders had no experience, or they cheered for Edgewater as a kid :D Is North County still a strong team as well?
Oh yeah I completely agree! But unfortunately I have not seen much of North County in the past two years. When I was a freshmen (07-08) North County and Chesapeake were the strongest teams in the county as well as in the 08-09 season. When I was a Junior, North County didnt make it to Regionals and ever since then I have not seen much of them. I did see their routine at counties this past week and they were good but just not at the level as the rest of the county (dont take any of this the wrong way, I am personal friends with multiple girls on the team, I am speaking strictly skill wise here.)!

Oh yeah I completely agree! But unfortunately I have not seen much of North County in the past two years. When I was a freshmen (07-08) North County and Chesapeake were the strongest teams in the county as well as in the 08-09 season. When I was a Junior, North County didnt make it to Regionals and ever since then I have not seen much of them. I did see their routine at counties this past week and they were good but just not at the level as the rest of the county (dont take any of this the wrong way, I am personal friends with multiple girls on the team, I am speaking strictly skill wise here.)!

No offense. We moved out of AA Co in 2007, so I have been out of the loop for a while, that's why I asked :) I knew they were one of the really good ones back then. I guess everyone else caught up with them!

@SandeRae and @MomOf2ThatsMe I have watched the video and I loved it! I definitely don't think it was cheesy in any way. I wish there had been some skills showcased but I still find it enjoyable. I am so proud of every girl on the South River team, they keep getting better and better every year! Now if someone had a video of their performance at regionals they want to share....;)

they're a great team, loved the video above! but i didn't like the 2x2 :-/, looks like they had fun, and i always loveeeee 2x2 videos, but this just wasn't what i was expecting.

I have always LOVED 2by2 videos. However, I just don't get the point of this one? It had nothing to do with cheerleading or a celebration of 10 years with 2by2? It was just a high school team trying to lip-synch ABC? Idk I just don't get it. The 2by2 without CEA is sort of a flop to me :(
I feel like the two 10 Year Celebration videos needed more CEA, and Twisters, and ICE. Like, I think there should be at least a little bit of each gym filmed over the years, not just South River and Tsunami. (Both are amazin teams and I am not hating on any of the athletes!) I just miss the other 2x2 elements.

Back