All-Star ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm actually genuinely curious about this stuff. I hope that anyone from the gym I'm asking about will not think of it as more than that. I'm concerned because, if one gym operates this way, others may follow....anyway...

I mentioned earlier the $1600 Worlds fees (it includes hotel, but not travel for athletes). This gym charges those fees with or without a paid bid. Any paid bids are invested in the gym itself. I'm getting my info from their published tryout packet. Is this not common elsewhere?

Eta: this gym is growing steadily, so I assume most families are fine with it. That lead me to believe this practice is the norm.

That's just under $25k just for coaches expenses :confused:. Sounds like there is a possibility that you're getting screwed. I wouldn't go in guns blazing, but I would ask for a breakdown of exactly what your $1k is paying for (and I'd look for new jewelry and designer purses in the coaches office lol)

Last edited:
I'm actually genuinely curious about this stuff. I hope that anyone from the gym I'm asking about will not think of it as more than that. I'm concerned because, if one gym operates this way, others may follow....anyway...

I mentioned earlier the $1600 Worlds fees (it includes hotel, but not travel for athletes). This gym charges those fees with or without a paid bid. Any paid bids are invested in the gym itself. I'm getting my info from their published tryout packet. Is this not common elsewhere?

Eta: this gym is growing steadily, so I assume most families are fine with it. That lead me to believe this practice is the norm.
wait - you would have to pay $1,600 even if you got a paid bid??
I like my gym more and more after reading this thread!

wait - you would have to pay $1,600 even if you got a paid bid??
I like my gym more and more after reading this thread!

Yes.

When we were gym shopping, this gym was off our list based on price. They are a successful and popular gym here. I just can't afford it. Cheer is an expense I question greatly, anyway.

I think this gym does the same for the summit. I know someone I talked to a while ago said something about a bid. I said I hope you get a paid and they said it doesn't matter because they have already paid for the summit and won't get the money back anyways. The gym keeps it. I think the gym is great and their teams are great I would just be sad to give up money I didn't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the paid bid doesn't go towards the athletes!? It goes to the gym owner? Hmm, I don't like that at all... I just have to keep reminding myself to read the small print before I sign any contracts [emoji35]

I think this gym does the same for the summit. I know someone I talked to a while ago said something about a bid. I said I hope you get a paid and they said it doesn't matter because they have already paid for the summit and won't get the money back anyways. The gym keeps it. I think the gym is great and their teams are great I would just be sad to give up money I didn't have to.

Yes, they pay $1000 for Summit fees (hotel is not included).

We have been fortunate and have gone to Worlds on a paid bid each time. We have been with 2 different gyms during those years. Both gyms did an excellent job of making Worlds as affordable as possible. I didn't question a single expense. I am shocked with some of these numbers!

Hahaha!

Anyway, I'm nervous about their fees, only because I'm scared that could set a precedent here. I would have to take my child out of allstar cheer in that case. That worries me.

So if a team gets a paid bid, it does not go towards athletes cost!! $1600 is a lot especially when comp fees are under $300? I would personally want a break down.:)

id be curious to see how expensive it is for some of the bigger gyms. Stingrays, CEA, CA (yes both of them).

Well, considering that the op said 36 girls, large team... I'm guessing she's telling you how it is at at least ONE large gym. There are only so many 36-girl teams out there. (only like 6-7, right? Since panthers has 35)

Back