All-Star ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone if there is a fee that the coaches must pay to Worlds for themselves or is it just the athletes that must pay a registration fee of $310????
That is what I was going to tell you. The commuter fee to compete is normally $275 ( that is your registration fee that includes competition and park passes). More then likely the fee of $310 that you are paying covers that and the coaches commuter packages too! When you said the $500 is a flat fee then it should be divided by the 36 kids and you would owe that amount for your child. If that is the case I dont believe you are being swindled. =)

That is what I was going to tell you. The commuter fee to compete is normally $275 ( that is your registration fee that includes competition and park passes). More then likely the fee of $310 that you are paying covers that and the coaches commuter packages too! When you said the $500 is a flat fee then it should be divided by the 36 kids and you would owe that amount for your child. If that is the case I dont believe you are being swindled. =)
The commuter fee this year is $310 per athlete.

Does anyone if there is a fee that the coaches must pay to Worlds for themselves or is it just the athletes that must pay a registration fee of $310????
I know when you receive a paid or pp bid, the coaches get money too. Paid bid is the number of athletes on the floor plus two coaches, times $650. Same for pp, but $325.

My child has a full paid bid and we don't have to pay anything except food and spending money. It covers comp fee, plane ticket, and hotel room. Athletes stay 4 to room at off site hotel. Parents can book on the flight and at the hotel if they want, and just pay their own way.

I know when you receive a paid or pp bid, the coaches get money too. Paid bid is the number of athletes on the floor plus two coaches, times $650. Same for pp, but $325.

My child has a full paid bid and we don't have to pay anything except food and spending money. It covers comp fee, plane ticket, and hotel room. Athletes stay 4 to room at off site hotel. Parents can book on the flight and at the hotel if they want, and just pay their own way.

How does 650 cover all of that?! $310 to compete, plus say $300 for airfare takes up most of that. You must have gotten a killer deal on flights.

The gym investing bid $$ back into their gym is may not be in compliance with USASF bid rules.

From this year's Worlds packet pg. 5:

All teams awarded a “Paid” bid will be awarded, by the sponsor-
ing event producer, up to a maximum of $650 times the number of
athletes on the floor where the bid was awarded, plus two coach-
es. For example, a team receiving a bid that had 31 athletes on
the floor plus two coaches will be awarded up to $21,450. This
amount will be used towards the team’s USASF/IASF Worlds
Accommodation Packages and transportation to Orlando.
Additional expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the
team/gym.

All teams awarded a “Partial Paid” bid will be awarded, by the
sponsoring event producer, $325 times the number of athletes on
the floor where the bid was awarded plus two coaches. For exam-
ple, a team receiving a bid that had 31 athletes on the floor plus
two coaches will be awarded $10,725. This amount will be used
towards the team’s USASF/IASF Worlds Accommodation
Packages. Additional expenses incurred will be the responsibility
of the team/gym.

“Partial Paid” checks may be made out to the USASF and mailed
directly to the gym. That check must be used towards the team’s
accommodation packages and must be enclosed with the team’s
registration.
The gym is responsible for the balance of the team’s
competition packages and the balance must be enclosed with the
registration as well.

No. Their tryout packet says paid Worlds and Summit bids are invested into the gym.

I'm sorry, but I would flip my #*!@ about this.

So, now that @MyGirlCheers has posted this rule that says it must cover the trip... Do you feel differently? I think I'd be even more mad - and I'd be bringing a printed copy of that rule to the gym owner.

But then again, I wouldn't have signed up there in the first place if there was a chance of them getting a paid and the gym keeping it.

I'm sure the gym is likely using the money towards their athletes and then taking the parents money and investing that to stay in compliance. If they're not, they're just asking for trouble.

I'm sure the gym is likely using the money towards their athletes and then taking the parents money and investing that to stay in compliance. If they're not, they're just asking for trouble.

Generally for worlds though you don't pay your gym directly. I guess you could, and the gym could put down a credit card or bank check for everyone, but every year I've gone to worlds I've paid USASF directly.

But if they were worried about staying in compliance, I doubt they'd put it in black and white in the tryout packet. She said it says flat out "Paid Summit and Worlds bids will be invested back into the gym."

That does not sound like the wording of a business that either a) read that rule, or b) is worried about compliance. Maybe, "In the event of a paid bid, money already paid in towards worlds or summit trips will be invested into the gym." (I still would not be ok with that, since $650 isn't enough anyway, so I'd want what I paid in to go towards what was left to pay for, like FOOD - but at least it'd be "legal" then.)

Generally for worlds though you don't pay your gym directly. I guess you could, and the gym could put down a credit card or bank check for everyone, but every year I've gone to worlds I've paid USASF directly.
same. when its time to pay, my coaches give us the proper forms and tell us they want nothing to do with the payments

same. when its time to pay, my coaches give us the proper forms and tell us they want nothing to do with the payments

I have ZERO idea how they handle this, but I bet they do the same. They already have your cash. Then you could register with your paid bid.

Someone in this thread mentioned their gym fronting all the money to allow for more fundraising so it may not be the norm but it can definitely be done. Not the same but each time CP competed the gym put it on their credit card and we paid the gym who then paid the credit card.

But if they were worried about staying in compliance, I doubt they'd put it in black and white in the tryout packet. She said it says flat out "Paid Summit and Worlds bids will be invested back into the gym."

That does not sound like the wording of a business that either a) read that rule, or b) is worried about compliance. Maybe, "In the event of a paid bid, money already paid in towards worlds or summit trips will be invested into the gym." (I still would not be ok with that, since $650 isn't enough anyway, so I'd want what I paid in to go towards what was left to pay for, like FOOD - but at least it'd be "legal" then.)

I agree with you about not wanting to be with a program who operates this way; but it'd be interesting to see what their books actually say.

I also find it fascinating that since the FBI has shown up, the OP has stopped posting.

Back